The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gender locked hairstyles

Spell-Slinger
Spell-Slinger
✭✭✭✭
Dear ZOS. You allow males to wear dresses and have released multiple very feminine hairstyles since release that work for both genders. Please give me access to ALL hairstyles on all characters. Sell the cross-dressing crown pack or whatever to unlock it - several of the female-only hairs would work wonderfully for males, and vice versa. We would then all get more hairstyles for our characters without you having to design anything new.
  • _ibexrc
    _ibexrc
    ✭✭
    I recall they said they wouldn't touch base-game styles and accessories, but future ones would not be gender-locked.

They just forgot they have to actually release new stuff for that to work, that's all.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AND LET MY FEMALE CHARACTERS USE BEARDS.

Seriously, I'm an IRL person who was born into a genetically female body. Guess what? Unless I take specific steps to remove it, I also grow a beard, and no, I don't take hormone supplements to do it. It's called Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, and current estimates are that between 10-20% of women worldwide have it. Sociological implications aside and all that, it means any and all arguments for only "men" having beards are well and truly bull-crud and can be thrown right out the window with the bathwater.

So if I'm in the mood to design a character that looks like me, I actually can't, because I can't give her a beard. Which is ridiculous.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about the Thieves Guild leader with the boy-cut? I think that's a men's style and we should have that one too.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    radiostar wrote: »
    what about the Thieves Guild leader with the boy-cut? I think that's a men's style and we should have that one too.

Nope. That's an unreleased hairstyle.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of gender locked everything. I mean I can put my guys in a dress but can't use the female hairstyles or jewelry? LOL. Wut? Why? Why is a dress ok but not hair or earrings?
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso