Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best solo class

gresiac
gresiac
✭✭✭✭
what class will perform best in small and large battles solo ?
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamden and stamcro for brawler style, magsorc, stamsorc or stamnb for hit and run (and never die) play style.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam Wardens. They have the cream of the crop on skills that support stamina play better than most for brawling. Mag Sorc are also another favored class for ranged damage dealers, or be the obnoxious pet Sorc.
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    It's hard to gauge what is best for small and large battles solo. Stamdens probably do have it easiest as in terms of brawler playstyle, it's just inherently tanky so its a nice easier option if you don't know how to pvp. But other classes do bring some things to the table. In terms of using the surrounding terrain to their advantage, sorcs and nightblades do that really well and they have the best tools in their kit for solo play imo. If you do need to retreat because you are far too outnumbered, sorc and nightblade also can get out of deadly situations far easier than other classes.

A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • INe_Saninus
    INe_Saninus
    ✭✭✭
    Stamden or Stamcro if you want to brawl.

Stamblade, Stamsorc, or Magsorc if you want to pick and choose your fights. You can disengage at will.

I'm not sure that is even up for debate.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Stamblade, Stamsorc, or Magsorc if you want to pick and choose your fights. You can disengage at will.

Gap-closing skills aren't enough to run down sorcs these days?
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Nah, gap closers are bad. Unless you're a zergling, there are more valuable skills to have on your bar.

Toppling Charge is th only decent one, but it doubles up as a nice stun and sets people off balance.
    Edited by Brrrofski on February 25, 2021 10:44PM
  • INe_Saninus
    INe_Saninus
    ✭✭✭

Sure, if you're willing to play the risky game of "do I have enough sustain to chase this one man around the map for 2 minutes AND have enough stam left to finish him off once he gets tired of running?".
    Stam not only covers our abilities and a good chunk of our healing, but also sprint, block, and roll dodge.
    Or "can I target him fast enough after the first streak before he's out of my range on the second?".

That's if I decide to slot a gap closer just to chase someone who clearly doesn't wish to fight anyway.
    Skill slots are always tight, especially when running solo.
    That's a slot that could give me more crit chance, a CC, a dot, snare removal... and unless I change my entire build around to accommodate a Maelstrom 2H, that's really all the skill is useful for.
    Chasing runners.

So, no.
    Gap closes don't really solve the issue.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wonder if maybe gap closers cost like nothing.

but i dont mind people not using them, i recall the days of NB's just spamming teleport, yuk.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • theCampeR_
    theCampeR_
    ✭✭✭
    Next patch, go magsorc. No brainer.
  • Ecfigies
    Ecfigies
    ✭✭✭
    For solo play, these have been solid if build correctly.

1. StamNB rules all, very selfish class for that reason, probably one of the best single target damage in game , toolkit to escape which almost all others classes won't succed, one of the best option for solo.

2. Magicka Sorc pretty solid magicka class, probably one of the best class for magicka, since has all 'needs' in PVP OW or BG's, mobility, burst damage, way to get resources back, probably getting better next patch.

3. Stamina Warden/Stamina Necro has all things above and even more but the firsts ones has toolkits which allows you to escape/survive without much consequences in OW, these two has insane healing, burst damage, mitigation, sustentability but require a very good amount of knowledge to play, like any class but these two are way more rewarding but less forgiving if any mistakes are done.

That's imo ofc.
    Edited by Ecfigies on February 26, 2021 3:19PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    theCampeR_ wrote: »

How you figure? Magicka shields are garbage in U29 (they are pretty bad now), and everything I can do as a mag sorc, I will be able to do better as a Stam sorc. Equal mobility, better healing, higher burst, even stamina shields are better.

The big gotcha is Malacath. Sorc is like the worst class to synergize with Malacath.

I am genuinely curious because right now my plan is to just respec to stam sorc for U29.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

How you figure? Magicka shields are garbage in U29 (they are pretty bad now), and everything I can do as a mag sorc, I will be able to do better as a Stam sorc. Equal mobility, better healing, higher burst, even stamina shields are better.

The big gotcha is Malacath. Sorc is like the worst class to synergize with Malacath.

I am genuinely curious because right now my plan is to just respec to stam sorc for U29.
    I don't play sorc, but I've met magsorcs running a monster helm (typically Maw) and Vateshran destro. I believe some use Malacath (and no Crit Surge) with that kind of build. My friend plays magsorc, but his first love is stamsorc. He thinks the latter is currently only viable with procs (at the very least the Vateshran 2H) and generally weaker than magsorc. Next patch I don't know, though.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ecfigies wrote: »
    Stamina Warden/Stamina Necro ... these two are ... less forgiving if any mistakes are done.
    [snip]

I suppose I know where you're coming from. You mean to say that, because those classes have no escape tools, you need to LoS and play strategically, if you want to survive and 1vX. I shall counter that by saying that tanky / high-healing classes / builds are way more forgiving tactically from one second to the next. If you make a mistake or you get caught out by lag it is much more likely you can recover whereas a typical nightblade is just dead. I'd rate magsorcs somewhere inbetween, albeit if you don't have your shield discipline down then you'll quickly discover just how unforgiving that class is compared to one with a lot of tankiness and healing.

[edited for rude comments]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on March 3, 2021 2:24PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

fred4 wrote: »
    Stamina Warden/Stamina Necro ... these two are ... less forgiving if any mistakes are done.
    [snip]
    I'd rate magsorcs somewhere inbetween, albeit if you don't have your shield discipline down then you'll quickly discover just how unforgiving that class is compared to one with a lot of tankiness and healing.

Sorc and NB shine with an experienced player, but at the same time are the easiest to kill potato classes. Warden and Stamcro (maybe StamDK) are very forgiving, especially in the current meta. For a lot sorcs, once they start shielding or streaking they are just wasting resources. The good ones though.....sheesh.

• Jayserix
    Jayserix
    ✭✭✭

We found out who knows the future !
    Stamden and stamcro for brawler style, magsorc, stamsorc or stamnb for hit and run (and never die) play style.

This is pretty accurate
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. StamNB rules all, very selfish class for that reason, probably one of the best single target damage in game , toolkit to escape which almost all others classes won't succed, one of the best option for solo.

Its joke?
    PC/EU
  • Ecfigies
    Ecfigies
    ✭✭✭

Its joke?

Shades fella, sNB with a decent player it's very strong because Shades and Cloak (when works) and going ofensive with the class it's easier, see faso or pelican as examples they shine with all classes but sNB when they play they kill 3x faster, for CP OW.

For non-cp i've no idea, with the amount of proctards in game, any class will melt.