Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Suggestion: New Feature > an option for solo-maps?

Clairelenia
Hey Guys and dear staff of Zenimax,

for a while now im having one thing on my mind and i would really like to share that idea with you. And also your opinion.

Soon we are heading back to Cyrodiil into Blackwood and we can grind further again to CP3600. But with this change i am sure many of you will get again sick of the crowds of players farming and grinding anchors, quests, materials etc. ...

How would you think about a system like in Fallout 76? In Fallout 76 you have the ability to play on your own map and all by your own (if you use a premium membership).

IF ESO and Zenimax would imply and option like that in ESO for ESO+-Members, i would appreciate and celebrate that SO MUCH.

What do you think about that? The idea to have your own map if you like or if you need one because of too many other players grinding.

Best regards,
Claire
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome in MMO world, traveler.
  • Clairelenia
    Like i said. Fallout 76 is also a MMO and allows this option ;)

I would gladly pay for an option to have my own map.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But Tamriel is a large world, with many things you can do for XP, including master crafting writs in the relative solitude of your own home or guild hall. You don’t have to go to Alik’r and go in circles with dozens of other players! :lol:
  • Clairelenia
    Well :D soon we will be able to grind to CP3600 and all good spots for XP are constantly crowded. There is no more effective way than farming specific areas in the open world.

It would be so much easier and for ESO+ Members an even more attractive offer to pay for ESO+ if u can simply switch channels to an own channel for yourself :).
    Edited by Clairelenia on March 4, 2021 6:03AM
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish more quest areas were instanced (like final bosses at the end of quests)
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Clairelenia
    Jea that would also be a benefit if Zenimax would implement this feature.

When your channel is your own channel, you could simply do all your quests/bosses/anchors/lore etc on your own map without hundreds of other players interrupting your experience.

It would be so much more immersive, relaxing and less annoying if you have your own world to explore.

If Fallout 76 is able to do that, ESO should also be, right? And i bet many people more would buy Eso+ then too :)
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like i said. Fallout 76 is also a MMO and allows this option ;)

I would gladly pay for an option to have my own map.

Game with 24 players per server counts as massively multiplayer online game? wow. Can I honestly ask for source? IMO, you are comparing two different games. Additionally, game already has instance mechanism which prevents overcrowding (which tbh is common in typical MMO games).
    Edited by hands0medevil on March 4, 2021 8:44AM
  • Clairelenia
    You even play in open world areas? Cities and farming spots are massively overcrowded, laggy and it's just a pain to be there.

An instanced whole map for your own, which you can access with an ESO+ membership, would be for many players a relief. If its possible for the servers i would gladly rent it.

And tbh you don't need anyone for 95% of the content in ESO :) especially soon with the companions-update where you probably can replace a whole group.
  • BlackAxiom
    BlackAxiom
    ✭✭✭
    this will never happen
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You even play in open world areas? Cities and farming spots are massively overcrowded, laggy and it's just a pain to be there.

An instanced whole map for your own, which you can access with an ESO+ membership, would be for many players a relief. If its possible for the servers i would gladly rent it.

And tbh you don't need anyone for 95% of the content in ESO :) especially soon with the companions-update where you probably can replace a whole group.

Don't know what do you expected from ESO, maybe Skyrim experience with CO-OP, maybe it's your first MMO experience, but I think you got it wrong :) MMO is about playing with and/or against other players. It's not called massively multiplayer online game by mistake. And honestly, maybe outside of the events, I don't see any problem with overcrowded areas (PC EU here).

Single player mode for ESO+ members (ESO+ member here) is:
    1)truly elitist
    2)might be consider p2w, because you can farm stuff easier in single player mode, then jump back to multi player mode (see how strange it is?)
    3)very, very strange conception for MMO game
    4)huge waste of resources
    5)what's the point of playing MMO then?

So, in my opinion there are 2 solutions:
    a)wait for TES VI, or go back to Skyrim, Oblivion, maybe you will enjoy them more:)
    b)deal with it, accept the fact that you are playing MMO game:)

have a nice day:")

ps.
    still waiting for source of fallout 76 being MMO thingy
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand when someone doesn't want to group with other players, or doesn't like pet sorcs disrupting quest scenes, but complaining that there simply are other players around you? You may not have noticed, but ESO is an MMO.
    And I don't think servers could handle personal overland instances.
  • Clairelenia
    I play ESO for 4 years now and crowded spaces, overfarming and lags because of too many people at one spot are since then a real and annoying issue. On PS4 and Xbox One this is even much worse than on PC. You have loading screens of up to 3 Minutes at wayshrines in capital cities and it takes an eternity to get undaunted quests because there are 100 ppl there and the NPC's won't spawn.

Soon you can have your own companion so that you don't need any other people for dungeons, dailies and other group-stuff anymore. Your only group-content then is PvP or Trials, which are a very small part of the whole experience anyway.

ESO develops into an intented direction where you can do more and more stuff solo and by your own. Because this is a way to improve many issues and be attractive for a huge player base that does not like the typical mmo-experience, which ESO never had anyway ;) ... and ESO wants do be a different MMORPG, because most of the others are shutting down. With a big single-player-factor this development will be slowed drastically.

To have your own channel/map to do all your stuff then would even improve and enhance this development and would clear so much annoyance because of overcrowding.

And no, it would not be pay to win, because actually you should be able to collect a decent amount of materials by yourself. And not get nothing because of all the bots and goldsellers which overrun the maps all the time.

By the way collecting materials is anyway not the most profitable way to make gold anymore.

Excavating in Artaeum/Augvea gives you up to 100k/hour ... Farming and selling materials can't keep up with that (thankfully)
    Edited by Clairelenia on March 5, 2021 12:32AM