The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

"Unable to connect to connect to game server."

mikemacon
mikemacon
✭✭✭✭✭
As title says. I can connect to the character selection screen, but when I try to load in a character, I receive the message "unable to connect to game server. please make sure you have a valid internet connection."

I don't have any problem logging into any other online game - Warframe, Division 2, Destiny, Destiny 2 - heck, even Fallout 76. This is only an issue with ESO - so it's grindingly obvious that (1) the problem is not on my end, and (2) the problem is not my internet connection.

And before I get boilerplate "have you tried turning it off and back on again" responses, yes I've deleted the save file. Lots. No dice.

I can't connect to ESO either on Xbox-NA or EU.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @mikemacon

Please be sure to try all of the troubleshooting steps in this article to resolve the "Unable to Connect to Game Server" error.

If the error persists after trying those steps, then please go ahead and open a support ticket and we would be happy to look into this further for you.
    Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on March 4, 2021 2:01PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll repeat myself, but more slowly this time:

"I don't have any problem logging into any other online game - Warframe, Division 2, Destiny, Destiny 2 - heck, even Fallout 76. This is only an issue with ESO - so it's grindingly obvious that (1) the problem is not on my end, and (2) the problem is not my internet connection.

And before I get boilerplate "have you tried turning it off and back on again" responses, yes I've deleted the save file. Lots. No dice."

Kindly note the following:
    1. I don't have any problem logging into any other online game.
    2. I have already tried deleting the saved file - many times.
    3. I have tried the boilerplate "fixes" that you cite in the intensely unhelpful boilerplate response.
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    mikemacon wrote: »
    I'll repeat myself, but more slowly this time:

"I don't have any problem logging into any other online game - Warframe, Division 2, Destiny, Destiny 2 - heck, even Fallout 76. This is only an issue with ESO - so it's grindingly obvious that (1) the problem is not on my end, and (2) the problem is not my internet connection.

And before I get boilerplate "have you tried turning it off and back on again" responses, yes I've deleted the save file. Lots. No dice."

Kindly note the following:
    1. I don't have any problem logging into any other online game.
    2. I have already tried deleting the saved file - many times.
    3. I have tried the boilerplate "fixes" that you cite in the intensely unhelpful boilerplate response.

They haven't acknowledged it yet but something is def wrong. On the PC side users that own the game through steam can't login.
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    I get the same error here today several days since this thread was created and have tried the same solutions. Nothing works. This is a ZOS problem not a problem with the XBox internet connection. ZOS will have to find what is happening and fix it. In the meantime I have other things to do. I probably won't try to play again until after this week's scheduled Patch Maintenance.
    Edited by Dovahkiin02191973 on March 14, 2021 9:53AM