Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Daggers on magicka

washbern
washbern
✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone!

I am curious, with so many builds now incorporating daggers into magicka builds, does it even make sense to be magicka or does stam become the new norm. From a few videos that I watched, it was explained that not picking 2 precise daggers is a big dps loss.

Thanks!
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, the main reason why daggers become stronger is because of the changes to the "twin balde and blunt" passive. On the live server this passive increases just your weapon crit chance by 5% for each dagger equipped. On the pts it inceases your both your weapon crit chance and your spell crit chance by 3.7% for each dagger.
    So no, the buff that daggers got for magicka builds doesn't help stamina builds at all.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s really just highlighting the weakness of Destruction Staff. A single passive in the dual wield skill line outperforms all 5 Destruction passives combined + 6 active skills. Destro needs some rework, it just wasn’t obvious when it was the only option for Magicka DPS.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on March 3, 2021 4:12PM
  • washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭
    that's true. also my question is more about range and set selection playstyles. Perhaps i'm being an idiot but i find that Stam DPS have a wider veriety of stam sets that allow for better mobility and higher dps potential. If sotting daggers will put all mag in the same range of the boss as stam, wouldn't it make more sense to just have people roll stam?

Obvious answer that comes to mind is that some fights require people to be at range, but i feel that's where bow / bow setup would come in. Just saw a warden bow bow build on Youtube parsing 106k.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar was actually fun with dual wield imo
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    washbern wrote: »
    that's true. also my question is more about range and set selection playstyles. Perhaps i'm being an idiot but i find that Stam DPS have a wider veriety of stam sets that allow for better mobility and higher dps potential. If sotting daggers will put all mag in the same range of the boss as stam, wouldn't it make more sense to just have people roll stam?

Obvious answer that comes to mind is that some fights require people to be at range, but i feel that's where bow / bow setup would come in. Just saw a warden bow bow build on Youtube parsing 106k.

Yep it’s a full inversion. Stam now parses highest with bow/bow, while Magicka are forced into melee :D
  • washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Yeah. My main is a magsorc but i also play stamplar heavily. At this point not sure if i should trudge on with the sorc or just stay stamplar LOL!

Though i heard that templars are the worst at bow/bow.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Yeah. My main is a magsorc but i also play stamplar heavily. At this point not sure if i should trudge on with the sorc or just stay stamplar LOL!

Though i heard that templars are the worst at bow/bow.

I was actually referring to magicka templar. But stamplar is also fun
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may return to bow bow stamcro again, lol.

Yep it’s a full inversion. Stam now parses highest with bow/bow, while Magicka are forced into melee :D

Maybe I shall return to bow bow stamcro playstile again.
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.