The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Morrowind - Lost Library/Ancestral Tomb problem

GrimMauKin
GrimMauKin
✭✭✭✭
No spoilers please, but I'm trying to complete the Ancestral Tomb quest in Morrowind by collecting tomb rubbings for the librarian. I'm having problems though.

I don't actually seem to have a selectable quest. I can return to the librarian with rubbings at which point I'm congratulated and told that this furthers the quest for the Lost Library. The librarian also mentions that he's compiled a list of tombs that I need to refer to to complete the rubbings - but this list doesn't appear in my Inventory (I'd assumed that it'd be in the slottable items section).

As a result I've now idea which rubbings I've collected and because I don't have a selectable quest I don't get any quest markers on the map giving the locations of the tombs (unless I'm meant to be searching for all 30 blind).

As I have no quest in my Journal I can't abandon it and start again.

I may have 'broken' things by turning up at the library with a rubbing before collecting the quest.

Any ideas or am I meant to be doing this without a quest in the Journal?

-- Edit --

I've just found the list of tombs on a nearby table but it can't be carried, so I need to refer to it in the library. There also doesn't seem to be any indication of the rubbings I've already provided (I must have brought back 6 or 7 already) and still no Quest in the Journal.
Edited by GrimMauKin on March 4, 2021 11:21AM
I am one of The Great Mediocracy, those whose role in life is to provide the baseline by which The Few deem themselves Great.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need to find them blind. There are no quest markers. Each Chapter has a "scavenger hunt" style quest like this. However, you are only semi-blind. There is a large map of the island on the center floor of the Library. When you find a tomb, it fills in region of map near where you found the tomb. This is not a huge help at first, but as you find more tombs, the map will fill in, and it will help pinpoint where to look. In particular, as you get down to only a few left, there will be only a few blank areas on Library map. And you will know that is where to go and search for tombs.
  • GrimMauKin
    GrimMauKin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, at least I know that it's not a bug. It'll certainly keep me busy!
    I am one of The Great Mediocracy, those whose role in life is to provide the baseline by which The Few deem themselves Great.