Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I said this before and I will say this again...

Xargas13
Xargas13
✭✭✭
Posting in BG forums as I only play BGs....

PvP in this game is laughable. What I absolutely "love" besides proc sets to which I get in the moment, is phantom damage, screen shows that player uses one ability, but on death recap it shows multiple abilities. On screen it looks like he uses one ability, swinging his freaking sword up and up, dead, recount => multiple abilities. It's not only happens with two handed, as I've seen sorcs put out absurd amount of damage too, on screen it looks like they having a seizure. Nightblades hit you from stealth, hit you once or twice and you are dead, recount => multiple abilities. And it's not lag, as I don't lag in BGs ever, cudos for that to ZOS on that part.

Now proc sets, this is my favorite. Hit light attack to make proc, maybe add that stuff that places tether with the use of ONE ability, and GG... I'm sure it takes a lot of skill to do that, but I prefer to use my abilities instead of relying on random damage that will kill for me.

Some players are very tanky, yet they dish out so much damage that it takes very little time to kill a player, other party just doesn't stand a chance, even fully buffed and spamming heals. I'm all for tankiness, but if you are more tanky, then you should deal less damage, not to have it both. Yes once in a while you meet a player that is speced full tank and does really small amount of damage, and it's alright, one player shouldn't be able to bring tank down, that's how it should work.

Which brings us to TTK. I'm playing glass cannon, and by that I mean I run only DPS sets, light armor, but I have 20k+ resists buffed, 15% damage mitigation bonus(18 if I slot one ability) I use hots, but all that is nothing, if you hit the "right" group so to speak, some players kill you almost instantly, and I play mag necro, so no streak for me to avoid elder stamina online players. I am not against dying or loosing, that's not what grinds my gears, what grinds my gears is that I have no chance there, no counter play. And there is no gear that will save me, as I tried to put on gear that was brining my damage mitigation up to 25%. Still got hit for 3-4k and more, which is absurd.

Now I don't always loose of course, I've done my share of 15+ kills in BGs, but what I noticed some players just don't stand a chance, it's two blast bones, spam my skull, some light attacks in between => dead. Now that's no fun at all, I like challenge, and I doubt someone queued in green gear. Now when there is equal footing and I have to use more then two abilities, now that's fun.

And my last point is, I've been doing PvP since my first MMO, there weren't many, but I've seen stuff, that's not counting MOBAs. And what I see here is just rofl fest so to speak, TTK and balance is atrocious, proc sets are showing what it means to be "skilled", and phantom damage that is not shown on screen having its way. I was watching PvP videos on YouTube, and it's just not fun, it's usually one player running around rofl stomping everyone without any challenge, I don't know what's your definition of fun, but it's not mine...

So I've said it before, and I'll say it again, PvP here sucks. Thanks for reading if you got that far :)
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sooooooo you're upset that your glass cannon build gets killed easily? You do know why a glass cannon is called a "glass" cannon???
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    @NoSoup you missed the point of the thread, I understand that glass cannon is easily killed, but if I want to be two shoted, I will play shooter games...
    Edited by Xargas13 on February 28, 2021 11:53PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phantom Damage -> Translation -> Well executed burst combo.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see better reporting on the death recap. Maybe put time stamps by each thing that did damage to you, show debufs in effect, and also show a longer list so the player can see the build up before the final blows.

As it is, you really don't have any idea what truly hit you most of the time.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • WabanakiWarrior
    WabanakiWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    The proc tank meta in BGs is disgusting right now. Props for staying in light armor and refusing to go meta, but yeah, that's why you're getting squished. The game is so unbalanced right now that anyone not running the meta in no-cp gets killed in seconds and even if you are cheesed up with your heavy armor proc sets, you'll get squished in seconds by a meta group if they catch you on your own.
    Basically just means BGs is now ball group proc tank heaven and you have to either bite the bullet and go meta or cling to your light armor dps sets and not be competitive.
    PS4 NA
    Grand Master Crafter, PVP, Housing nerd
  • WhyEvenTry
    WhyEvenTry
    ✭✭✭
    Xargas13 wrote: »

Which brings us to TTK. I'm playing glass cannon, and by that I mean I run only DPS sets, light armor, but I have 20k+ resists buffed, 15% damage mitigation bonus(18 if I slot one ability) I use hots, but all that is nothing,

what grinds my gears is that I have no chance there, no counter play. And there is no gear that will save me, as I tried to put on gear that was brining my damage mitigation up to 25%. Still got hit for 3-4k and more, which is absurd.

There is gear that can save you: a defensive set :smile:

You'll find you can survive much longer/easier, and if you tweak other aspects of your build I'm sure the dmg will still be quite high.
    You can absolutely make light armor work in bgs, you just have to make a good build and play well.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @NoSoup you missed the point of the thread, I understand that glass cannon is easily killed, but if I want to be two shoted, I will play shooter games...

That is what happens to glass cannons...they get two shot.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mostly stop playing BGs once I hit level 50 as I have zero interest in the tanky proc meta. I LOVE the combat in no proc no CP Cyrodiil — yeah, I still die a lot, but I can see how I was bested and I’d rather die to player’s skills than their armor.
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭

In most games, even glass cannon has chance, it depends how quick you can react. I'm not saying I die easy to most players, but there is an OP builds for sure that can kill you in seconds while taking little to no damage. So even by your logic they should die as fast as I am, but they just damage sponges. Anyway, this thread isn't about glass cannons or even me, I created this thread to show what is wrong with PvP in general, to my humble my opinion.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In most games, even glass cannon has chance, it depends how quick you can react. I'm not saying I die easy to most players, but there is an OP builds for sure that can kill you in seconds while taking little to no damage. So even by your logic they should die as fast as I am, but they just damage sponges. Anyway, this thread isn't about glass cannons or even me, I created this thread to show what is wrong with PvP in general, to my humble my opinion.

That's one of the main drivers for the "tank", and especially proc meta IMO.

How quick you can react ->Performance.

There was a time that 22K HP was considered high in PvP.

Your heals used to work the first time you pressed them. Roll dodge, well, dodged. You could tap-block clutch CCs and ultimates.

The deterioration of performance and addition of proc sets that apply instant, consistent damage have driven defensive requirements up and up, and the math continues to support them being the Most-Efficient-Tactic-Available.

Adding to the mix that class and weapon skills have been nerfed over and over, to allow proc sets space to be attractive and viable, followed by nerfs to Skill-buffing sets like your stat damage sets.

Why add 600 tooltip damage to your blastbones (that is met with resistances) when you can add an 4K burst (before malacath + resistances) from Crimson, or an additional 6k dot (before malacath) from Oblivion's foe?

It pains me to see it, but there are very few viable Stat based builds for BGs.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do agree with the animation and position issues while playing on console.

We do not have add-ons that inform us of a non-animated visual cue. I need to know if that sorc is casting a dodgeable ability vs blockable etc; but with positioning etc many important visual ques (such as a projectile moving through the air) just do not occur.

I have clips of being at 27k health and falling over dead from abilities that do have counters.... If we had an animation or addon inform us.

Take DS or Heavy attack; I've noticed because of position desync if someone is chasing you; your screen will not have any enemy/enemy animation while they are in reality within melee range and fully capable of landing attacks.
    Edited by Waffennacht on March 5, 2021 9:04PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If a competent player is piloting the glass canon, then yes. But if another competent player shows up, they can still get two shot.