The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Reverse How Stat Buffs w/ Keeps and Scrolls Work to Motivate Down Factions

SkysOutThizeOut
SkysOutThizeOut
✭✭✭✭
BLUF: Give increasing stat bonuses from the scrolls and keeps being owned based on how little is owned by a respective faction, minus the emperor health buff. Scrolls and Keeps should provide a slightly larger AP, Gold, Experience Bonus, and maybe shorter duration on resource node spawns in the respective Alliance's area.
Why: We all know night capping and gate camping is very real and often can deter gameplay in the non-Grayhost campaigns keeping the campaigns dead or one-sided, often exacerbated when you know every player to be fought has more buffs and outnumbers you. Reversing how stat bonuses work may deter gate camping. Reversing how the stats bonuses work will, IMO, incentivize players to get in the campaign, especially the sweaty 1vXrs and small scalers to help make the push out of the hole. When you see you own nothing on the map and are at a complete disadvantage in every way why would you go in alone or with just a few when you can go to a different campaign or change factions.

Please share thoughts, ideas, or concerns.
Edited by SkysOutThizeOut on January 26, 2021 12:16PM
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing they could do to battle spirit to incentivize playing when your faction is getting things rough is to have the keeps your faction owns give you a buff to AP earned.

So every alliance has 6 keeps they officially own, 4 if you want to not count the emp keeps (pushing emp is kind of an objective it could be argued that the emp keeps are of contested ownership) So when you lose a keep your faction gets a buff to their AP earned, with having all of your keeps giving you the basic 100% earned and having no keeps giving you 200% or even more earned.
    Edited by Greasytengu on January 26, 2021 6:01PM
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Greasytengu that could vastly change the landscape of cyrodiil and where the players are... if you are trying to farm for AP, especially for EMP, would you want to own more or less? So what parts of the map would you target and try to play in?
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Greasytengu that could vastly change the landscape of cyrodiil and where the players are... if you are trying to farm for AP, especially for EMP, would you want to own more or less? So what parts of the map would you target and try to play in?

Well one person realistically cannot keep their faction from retaking keeps if they are able. If the potential future emp wants to use the AP buff to farm, then they would likely end up doing at a time when their faction is usually pushed hard and away from their own keeps.
    Eventually their faction will log on and re-take the map, possibly aided by the fact a portion of the enemies are too busy getting farmed at one of their own keeps.

People who are interested in farming AP will probably get into the habit of skipping over their own keeps, but the result of this will be that the larger fights will be spread out. Instead of just the 2 gate keeps getting the action, it would be the 2 gate keeps and a keep in the backline getting fights.

If the dominant faction refuses to defend the keeps that get taken behind them, then they set themselves up for failure as people dying at the gates can rez up deep in the enemy territory and spread out and cause even more havoc behind them.
    Edited by Greasytengu on January 26, 2021 6:19PM
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Greasytengu from what I understand ZOS has been trying to figure out how to get people to spread out to improve performance? Is that accurate? So this could aid in achieving that goal? I think this kind of gameplay makes for a more exciting and dynamic map.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could help with spreading people out more, only way to really see would for ZOS to test it out.

And unlike certain other recent changes, this might actually change player behavior without gutting the gamemode, and who is really going to complain about potentially getting more AP?
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get rewarding "winners", but I never understood the concept of putting the losers at a bigger disadvantage. Its like telling a golfer, you didn't get 6 under last tournament, well you need to use this whiffle ball until you catch up, because you don't rate a Pro V1.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see some sort of deteriorating mechanism for the keeps (at least the three "home keeps" for every alliance) that would allow the keeps to become flagged at some point when they are owned by an enemy. Like say if an enemy player hasn't spawned in to the keep in 10 minutes, the keep walls begin to deteriorate. This will allow the underdog alliance to quickly take the keeps. What currently happens is when an alliance dominates the map, they wait to see when a keep gets flagged and they all port to the nearest transit and go zerg down the few players that are trying to take the keep. Rinse, wash and repeat a few times and the underdog alliance players log off for the night or stack in another campaign.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    I would love to see some sort of deteriorating mechanism for the keeps (at least the three "home keeps" for every alliance) that would allow the keeps to become flagged at some point when they are owned by an enemy. Like say if an enemy player hasn't spawned in to the keep in 10 minutes, the keep walls begin to deteriorate. This will allow the underdog alliance to quickly take the keeps. What currently happens is when an alliance dominates the map, they wait to see when a keep gets flagged and they all port to the nearest transit and go zerg down the few players that are trying to take the keep. Rinse, wash and repeat a few times and the underdog alliance players log off for the night or stack in another campaign.

It is rather pathetic the moment on NA Blackreach. DC has basically logged out, and will not return until the next campaign as far as I can tell. Some EP ball groups showed up in an otherwise newbie campaign and kill anyone that that does anything. The AD zergs and nightcappers are winning though regardless. AD zone chat yesterday according to some friends was to let DC take some stuff back so they (AD) would have something to do to earn some AP, as there was nothing left on the map for them to take otherwise.

Personally, [snip] and their ilk stay on BR to farm newbs, my casual level 10-30 DC PVP folks in PVE gear just won't show up. We will just move our event date/times/campaign elsewhere. We (my guild) are trying to introduce new players to PVP... and getting farmed by ball groups on the newbie campaign just chases them off. And yes, BR is the newbie campaign, used by those new into PVP and the streamers who want to look good by killing them, which was fine, because we could avoid them for the most part, but the ball groups are relentless.

It is actually a lot easier and more fun IMHO to earn AP on GH firing firepot trebs and following the zerg, than PVDing on BL. But we like to introduce folks to PVP slowly, but getting steamrolled by a ballgroup that isn't good enough to cut it on GH, but destroys BL just ruins it.

[Edited to remove Rude Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 2, 2021 2:49PM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

It is rather pathetic the moment on NA Blackreach. DC has basically logged out, and will not return until the next campaign as far as I can tell. Some EP ball groups showed up in an otherwise newbie campaign and kill anyone that that does anything. The AD zergs and nightcappers are winning though regardless. AD zone chat yesterday according to some friends was to let DC take some stuff back so they (AD) would have something to do to earn some AP, as there was nothing left on the map for them to take otherwise.

Personally, [snip] and their ilk stay on BR to farm newbs, my casual level 10-30 DC PVP folks in PVE gear just won't show up. We will just move our event date/times/campaign elsewhere. We (my guild) are trying to introduce new players to PVP... and getting farmed by ball groups on the newbie campaign just chases them off. And yes, BR is the newbie campaign, used by those new into PVP and the streamers who want to look good by killing them, which was fine, because we could avoid them for the most part, but the ball groups are relentless.

It is actually a lot easier and more fun IMHO to earn AP on GH firing firepot trebs and following the zerg, than PVDing on BL. But we like to introduce folks to PVP slowly, but getting steamrolled by a ballgroup that isn't good enough to cut it on GH, but destroys BL just ruins it.

I've had the emp group roll up on me taking resources before because apparently you can't have a rogue player from another alliance earning any ap. Sad part is after I took a couple of resources they blocked me successfully taking any more. As soon as the resource flagged they would appear seconds later. I eventually just gave up and logged out for the evening.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've had the emp group roll up on me taking resources before because apparently you can't have a rogue player from another alliance earning any ap. Sad part is after I took a couple of resources they blocked me successfully taking any more. As soon as the resource flagged they would appear seconds later. I eventually just gave up and logged out for the evening.

Same here. But Apologies on my post above, I've had a few bad days IRL and vented on the forums here. I shouldn't have.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here. But Apologies on my post above, I've had a few bad days IRL and vented on the forums here. I shouldn't have.

No harm at all. I know the feeling. I've had my fair share of bad days. I don't know about you but I just want to unwind and play pvp on eso after days like that...and then you face toxic players whose sole intent seems to be ruining your gaming experience or the game is running like crap and that's where the real frustration sets in.

Ive realized that I'm due for another break from eso and have started to migrate to other games which in all honesty would be so much easier if eso didn't have such a unique pvp style.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk