The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I need a skill or addon that can show me the path to the quest line ( Especially psijic ) !!!

PaddyVu
PaddyVu
✭✭✭✭
I feel extremely dizzy and headache when i have to keep opening the map too many times to find the path to the quest.
Pls add skill like Clairvoyance in skyrim ( Draws a path to the next objective ) or atleast an addon that can show me path.
Edited by PaddyVu on February 28, 2021 7:48PM

I need a skill or addon that can show me the path to the quest line ( Especially psijic ) !!! 27 votes

Add Clairvoyance in skyrim
40%
DTStormfoxThunderclapAstironFischblutphantasmalDStarlockjoergingerBradyfjorderioHapexamendiosPaddyVu 11 votes
Allow an addon that can show path
22%
kcrayner_ESOmagnusthorekBlkadrgeonsocalgroober13WySoSirius 6 votes
Other
37%
vailjohn_ESOAlurriaXuhoraVaranaJanTanhidebmnobleWiseSkynukk3rThechuckageLightYagami 10 votes
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind a spell/toggle that a player could slot to help them out. It might be tied to a world skill similar to soul trap, so it's universal. I imagine most of the time such a skill wouldn't be needed, but on the off chance you need it would be available.

That said, I have several addons to help me find things without doing all the work. I suggest either looking on ESOUI, or downloading Minion and browsing the addons that way.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I am so against Hand holding in a MMO

But if people want it sure add it.

As long as its not forced its ok.

Also cant you just have "Focused" quests on your compass show you the way?
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    If your on PC get the map pins add on, it shows where the time rifts are, its set to off by default in the filters options you just have to scroll down with the map open, set it to on in filters, then use your in game map marker to mark the nearest one close the map, and follow the compass to the locations one at a time.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer this to quest markers. Quest markers are... well, they are an element of modern game design that I have mixed feelings about. I miss RPGs that forced you to actually pay attention, look at a map, and ask NPCs for directions.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best option imo. You can choose to use it or not.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh boy would you be lost in elder scrolls 3.

Map pins shows time rifts.

And the active quest can be seen on the compas to my knowledge. So just run in the direction till yiu get there
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    No.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »

And the active quest can be seen on the compas to my knowledge. So just run in the direction till yiu get there

Every time I start TES III I'm lost. And I've played (and completed) every one of the games as they released - beginning with Arena. I still love those older games, though it's really hard to play them now on mainstream machines - they just don't work the same. And I really hate DOSBox....
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people need/want such an ability because they like to be guided, I will not oppose it. Clairvoyance probably fits well in the Soul Magic skill tree.

Edited by DTStormfox on March 3, 2021 12:35PM
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    no
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I think it should be a option for people. Personally, I like wandering around exploring.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I would love to have that - for the Psijic abomination "quest".
    For everything else, no.

What I would also like to have for the Psijic abomination "quest":
    - An addon that places all rifts and other thingamajigs right next to me.
    - An addon that even then, autocompletes the quests for me.
    - An addon that sets Celarus on fire and burns Artaeum to the ground every time I need to close a rift.
    - An addon sets up Morte-but-ordered-on-Wish as a target dummy.
    - With extra Blood&Gore.

So if any aspiring addon authors feel adventurous... :D
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my addons (Lost Treasure, I think) keeps a small version of a map open and that works for the Psijic maps.

That might not be what you are looking for. Do you use a mini-map at all? That might help as well.
    The Moot Councillor
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Addon called Map Pins has the objectives "X"d on the maps for the Psijic quests.
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have as an option for a bit more immersion, allowing you to turn of the compass.
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    laksikus wrote: »

Every time I start TES III I'm lost. And I've played (and completed) every one of the games as they released - beginning with Arena. I still love those older games, though it's really hard to play them now on mainstream machines - they just don't work the same. And I really hate DOSBox....

Daggerfall has an almost complete Unity fan remake, so it's fully playable on modern hardware.
    WiseSky wrote: »

Also cant you just have "Focused" quests on your compass show you the way?
    There are actually quest objectives that don't show up on your compass and the map pin only because visible on the terrain if you get within a couple of meters.

One example of the top of my head is the Murkmire daily that requires placing Naga Grave-stakes.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Daggerfall has an almost complete Unity fan remake, so it's fully playable on modern hardware.

I downloaded it - I thought it was going to be really great - except I forgot it was all in first person, which I can't do any more due to issues with vertigo. Too bad too - I was really looking forward to playing it again!

• WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a quest in old orsinium. I forget the name. But you have to follow a green cloud trail which I thought was a good way for navigation
    We should have more of that as an option for questing. Because some quest markers are all wrong and make you go the long way round sometimes
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WySoSirius wrote: »
    There is a quest in old orsinium. I forget the name. But you have to follow a green cloud trail which I thought was a good way for navigation
    We should have more of that as an option for questing. Because some quest markers are all wrong and make you go the long way round sometimes

Yes, that's where you're following the "perfume scent" of one of the NPCs. There's one like that in Khenarthi's Roost too, where you follow a greenish cloud to a house.

Those work really well.

@PaddyVu - there's a website that's really helpful with the Psijic quest line:

https://mmobits.com/2018/05/09/psijic-order-skill-line-quest-and-time-breach-location-guide/#bay
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't say I've ever had a problem following a Quest in this game, and I've done ALL of them. That said I did cheat when it came to the Psijic Order. Used an online guide to get me to all the locations quickly.

Edited by ArchMikem on March 3, 2021 4:00PM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll go against the tide here 'cause while Clairvoyance in Skyrim was useful, having to hold-cast it was extremely annoying. If not an add-on (that would consume something provided by game APIs or something) perhaps... a passive skill, maybe?
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    At what point are you watching the game instead of playing it?