The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Tribunal event with no available Tel Galen

VoidMech
VoidMech
Soul Shriven
I've been saving up for the tribunal event so that when it released I'd be able to purchase this house (it was 8000c unfurnished and 10000c furnished), could we get some info on if it will be available soon or if we could see it on sale during this event as I'd love to pick it up. The tribunal event is the perfect time for Tel Galen to become available again so I hope it isn't forgotten.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there IS a chance it'll come out in the portion of the Event that's in March...

We'll know for certain by next week, when the March showcase is out.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m still hoping Tel Galen will appear in the March showcase, especially since more the Tribunal event will be in March anyway! :smiley:
  • deleted220803-000767
    deleted220803-000767
    Soul Shriven
    Try sending off a ticket to Customer Support, see what they can do for you. Have the Crowns on hand in full.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, March showcase is out, and Tel Galen isn't in it; now we can complain :smiley:
    I’m still hoping Tel Galen will appear in the March showcase, especially since more the Tribunal event will be in March anyway! :smiley:
    I was also hoping to see it return, since the Tribunal event runs into March, and Tel Galen would be appropriate to return.
    But that theory is dead now, since they're releasing Stone Eagle and brining back Frostvault Chasm instead. :confused:

Honestly, I think it was a pretty bad decision to return Frostvault alongside Stone Eagle. Nobody will want to buy Frostvault when Stone Eagle is also available, and clearly the superior option if someone is looking for a white Dwemer house. FVC may be one of their least-sold houses tbh, I barely know anybody who has it and I've barely seen any builds in it, compared to other more popular houses. And due to being in Markarth, and the white-gold furnishing style, SEA will be most people's go-to Dwemer house. If they had released Tel Galen and SEA, there wouldn't have been such a clear-cut comparison and competition.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was disappointed to only see Clockwork City furnishings packs, etc. for the Tribunal celebration in February, but then with the event being end-of-February to beginning-of-March, I though maybe the focus was Clockwork City for February and Vvardenfell for March... Alas, again, no Tel Galen. :'(
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try sending off a ticket to Customer Support, see what they can do for you. Have the Crowns on hand in full.

They've stopped doing this because too many players were trying to buy a house that wasn't currently for sale this way.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedMuse wrote: »

They've stopped doing this because too many players were trying to buy a house that wasn't currently for sale this way.

That's not the reason I (and a few others) got from Nicholas, the one person who(by his email) answers all customer service requests and has no supervisor to override him. Policy change was because "customer service should not be a work around for limited time only" and will no longer be so. Buy when they tell you to I guess. But they never mentioned being overwhelmed.
    Edited by Lumenn on March 1, 2021 6:21PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...I just don't get why this house wasn't for sale during the Tribunal event. Fortunately, I picked this up when it was originally for sale, but that was shortly after Morrowind's release. It came up for sale again one time, iirc. But that's it. It wasn't even included in the famous house sale during Black Fredas a couple years ago.

I don't see why they're not releasing this house again, as I see so many requests for it. And this event would seem to have been the perfect time to bring it back. Only thing I can think of is that they have the house release schedule planned out way in advance and so the schedule was set before they determined the schedule for the event.

I just can't see any other reason. One could argue that because it's the cheapest of the notables, they don't make as much money off of it. But they're returning Frostvault, which is only a medium size home with a price tag around 5k furnished.

This is a pretty big fail and missed opportunity on their part.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »

That's not the reason I (and a few others) got from Nicholas, the one person who(by his email) answers all customer service requests and has no supervisor to override him. Policy change was because "customer service should not be a work around for limited time only" and will no longer be so. Buy when they tell you to I guess. But they never mentioned being overwhelmed.

Also apparently someone was allowed to buy some radiant apex mount for a lot of gems, which was probably not appreciated.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »

Also apparently someone was allowed to buy some radiant apex mount for a lot of gems, which was probably not appreciated.
    I mean... yeah, I also heard the story on the forums - but I think it's really not the same.
    RA aren't supposed to be for direct sale at all (not even for 500 bucks) so that sale was super shady.

But regular Crown Store direct purchases don't really make much difference, if someone bought them during a 4-day sale or 2 years later when they joined the game. (Actually, it's even better for ZOS to sell houses through a ticket, because a completely empty house is still charged as 'Unfurnished' which would normally have some items in it.) Plus, houses are private and invisible so they wouldn't even impact other players. So I'm not sure what rationate went into their policy change.

Sounds like it was a typical corporate decision - detached from reality and non-player-friendly. They were so afraid of a hypothetical bad thing (people stop buying offers they see and just wait for sales Crowns and buy everything with tickets) that they sabotaged an actually good thing (people who missed something and didn't have a chance to buy stuff from ZOS now had more incentive to buy Crowns because they could spend their money on the game they enjoy through tickets).
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More of these notables should always be available or at least rotate through the Crown store regularly. No holiday sales nor even for themed events??? :cry:

I started ESO in July 2019 (yes, I wish I’d started several months earlier at least, c’est la vie) primarily with the desire to revisit Morrowind and have my own Telvanni Wizard’s tower but have never once had opportunity for the latter. I had really gotten my hopes up for Tel Galen returning during the Tribunal event because it just made sense and I thought surely they would not go longer than two years between availability... :disappointed:
    Edited by Araneae6537 on March 3, 2021 5:03PM