The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC Cyrodiil Performance

FrankonPC
FrankonPC
✭✭✭✭✭
Mods,

I apologize if this post is in the wrong forum, I'm not sure the best place to put it. I have played in the cyrodiil tests the last 4-5 days or so and for me the performance has gotten worse during primetime. I disagree that the healing changes didn't have a substantial impact on performance, but from these tests I don't see how removing sets would create the server lag that exists. What makes the most sense to me is that all of the cross healing is having an impact on the server, lowering performance. The other added issue is these large groups during these tests do not have the counters(bombers) they normally would because those builds are not currently viable...so large groups go mostly unchecked unless countered by a similarly sized group spamming their own heals.

Since we are already here, I'm proposing that we do another week of tests, but with the healing changes going BACK to what they are in Markarth. That way the tests will show what happens to performance with and without the sets...not with the sets and no cross healing vs without the sets and cross healing. The moving variable that currently exists could be affecting the results.

If performance doesn't improve and all options are exhausted, we the community will be relieved to know you tested it and we confirmed it had no impact.

Thank you for your time.
  • llElLoboll
    llElLoboll
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it would be great, just for peace of mind, to test no procs with healing the way it has been during Markarth.
  • KashyyyK240
    KashyyyK240
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with this. Removing cross-healing and proc sets at the same time should have been tested since the beginning.
    Also true that with no bombing, zergs are the way to go these weeks. With no damage procs and cross-healing enabled, people have been stacking harder than ever. It surely reminded me of the 24-man groups we used to have in Cyrodiil.

And while it's fun seeing these huge scale fights back in ESO, the performance is awful. You just know 1-2 minutes before a huge zerg arrives at your keep, because your character moves start to become jerky, your skills get delayed, you can't use mount etc.

All this has an impact on gameplay as well. When your skills barely go off, delayed executes/heavy cc/multiple dots is the name of the game. While you can barely low someone from burst spamming because neither your skills or the dude's heals go off, you can easily stack 2-3 daedric curses on someone and watch him die unable to cast his healing/shield abilities.

This test reminded me of May-June 2020 Cyrodiil, with break free not working anymore, abilities either greyed out for multiple seconds or only cast on 10th press of a key and streaks working only to get you rubber banded back to where you started a few seconds later.

I play on PC EU - Grey Host campaign and playing between 7pm-10pm UTC is just painful, even without procs.
    Edited by KashyyyK240 on February 26, 2021 10:45AM
  • gravityman55
    gravityman55
    Soul Shriven
    I would like to see a week worth of testing with limited healing and no proc sets. It’s refreshing to see ESO turning over a new leaf and addressing performance head on. Listening to your players is big for me to support this game. Even if it is ineffective, please test it and show us it isn’t the correct path for performance.
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I agree, reverting a variable, that was specifically disabled to reduce lag, to test if Procsets cause lag, is pretty counterproductive. They should have kept the frame of this Proctest within the same frame as the PvP since 3 months.
    I personally liked it more without that healing across groups anyway, because it makes it easier to pick the healer out of a group specifically without 10 others running around random. Also you can be way more destructive to small groups if their healer falls, since there is no other healer able to save them, which makes strategic positioning pretty important, since you want to have your healer protected at all times. To be fair in that regard the revert hasn't impacted me much without Procs, I can still burst people down if they do get heals, but thats mainly because the Prochealing is gone for now which interestingly is stronger than crossheal... but with eyes on the lag that occurs now, it would be best for all of us to disable crosshealing again.
    Edited by L_Nici on February 28, 2021 10:38PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • December7854
    December7854
    Soul Shriven
    I agree,and it is difficult to look at this test and not see an apples to oranges comparison. The only reason I can think of for reverting to crosshealing, is perhaps in limiting the healing to a group, another check might have been created to see whether someone was in your group when their health was low, thereby loading the servers down with additional checks and creating more lag. That hasn't been iterated to us yet, but it is possible that in trying to create a solution, more problems can arise.

Still, I would like to see a no proc, no cross healing test, even if its for no other reason than transparency.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not in favor of permanently removing cross healing, but I'd happily take a week without it to silence all these people who think ZOS is lying about it not having a significant effect on lag.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that makes any sense to me is that they reduced server capacity at the same time they initiated the "test". It wasn't this bad with cross healing when it was in game before.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CSose wrote: »
    The only thing that makes any sense to me is that they reduced server capacity at the same time they initiated the "test". It wasn't this bad with cross healing when it was in game before.

No procs is the only thing we are able to see about this test. Rest assured that they are trying out multiple back end changes we are not aware of. Population caps could certainly be one of the variables.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • KuroyukiESO
    KuroyukiESO
    ✭✭✭
    I agree 100%. No procs and no cross healing not only sounds like a great test. The zerg sizes are crazy right now, and all that cross healing is definitely not doing the server any favors, even if it isn't a "massive difference". I'd like to see this.
    XboxNA/ PS4 NA/ PC NATemplar and DK all day babyI make YouTube videos: https://youtube.com/kingkurotv