Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game stuttering on PlayStation 5

Twohothardware
Twohothardware
✭✭✭✭✭
I’m having a recurring issue playing ESO on PlayStation 5 where after a while on the game I’ll have intermittent stuttering where the game hangs for half a second then plays normal for a couple minutes and then does it again. Almost like a memory leak or something.

I have to completely close the game app on PS5 and open it again to fix the issue. It happens every day I’m on. I’m playing at the 4K setting.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the exact problem on the one x! Markarth has literally wrecked the game. It stutters like crazy. The performance on console launch in 2015 was better than this. I expect more from a game that is 6 years old
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For performance issues in ESO on your PS5, we recommend the troubleshooting found in the link below.

What do I do if I am experiencing techincal issues on PS5?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did what was suggested in your troubleshooting link but I’m still experiencing the same problem.

After a period of time on the game it starts hanging and stuttering for a half second every couple minutes. Closing the game app completely or rebooting the console fixes it for a little while and then it starts again.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be more specific it’s like a game freeze that only lasts half a second. I’m also getting the occasional total game freeze on PS5 where I have to close the game to fix it. I sometimes get those like once a day in PvE activities.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Twohothardware

If the troubleshooting has not helped, you can open a ticket with customer support for further assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally the same issue on PS4 that I've opened multiple tickets about, told I would be contacted by a "specialized team", but then told no one was going to contact me and to "keep an eye on the forums" for a fix. This is the ZOS cycle where they keep you running around 'troubledhooting' and contacting support until you get frustrated enough to just accept the fact that this game is broken af.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    For performance issues in ESO on your PS5, we recommend the troubleshooting found in the link below.

What do I do if I am experiencing techincal issues on PS5?

When is the PS5 upgrade coming?
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Twohothardware

If the troubleshooting has not helped, you can open a ticket with customer support for further assistance.

I opened a ticket and was just told to contact PlayStation support. I don’t think the problem is on Sony’s end.

• Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Twohothardware

I opened a ticket and was just told to contact PlayStation support. I don’t think the problem is on Sony’s end.

It's Sony's problem, just not their hardware/software. You pay Sony to play ESO, file a complaint.

I know this doesn't fix the performance issue, but it does start to set off some alarms on a product that's not to their standards.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on January 13, 2021 8:36AM
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the exact issue I’m having with the stuttering/hitching every few minutes or so. A whole lot of people are reporting it happening on PS5 in Call of Duty: Cold War too and someone posted a video in this forum thread I’m linking. The developer even acknowledged the issue and said a fix was coming so they may have already patched COD.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/so-is-my-ps5-ssd-screwed-cold-war-stutter-every-now-and-then-anyone-else.1582169/
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone else with a PS5 confirm whether or not you’re experiencing this issue?
  • wQQwGR
    wQQwGR
    Soul Shriven
    Hello , I can surerly say that im experiencing this issue aswell very often. Movement Spikes/Stuttering that the only way to solve this is to close the game and re-open it again . ( PS4 Pro ) The game runs mostly smoothly but this is worst than even the FPS drops on some areas. That random stuttering when moving and the spikes are frustrating. We would like a solution to be honest and not the ready links with the most common issues while there's not a solution for this one , except if you do something about it.
    Thank you
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone else with a PS5 confirm whether or not you’re experiencing this issue?

Yes, constantly on both my PS5 and PS4.
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eso on ps4 is a joke. I guess I cant say if the pro or ps5 is much different, but after more or less accepting my rural internet was the reason eso was hot garbage...and then buying it on pc when it was on sale... Its an absolute joke the difference between the two. Ive had zero issues on pc. Ps4 is literally unplayable.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, during events this issue is 10x more prevalent on PS4 and PS5. Maybe ZOS should check their OWN router settings instead of constantly trying to shift this issue off as user specific. 🙄
  • Calico1483
    I’m having the same issues on PS5. I keep thinking it’s my internet but I play DCUO and it doesn’t do this so it HAS to be ESO. I’m so sick of it... they need to update this crap ASAP bc I’m on the verge of quitting until this is resolved.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's especially annoying lately. The momentary stutter is sometimes long enough to make me think the game has crashed before it continues playing. FIX THIS.