The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Does the Strife HoT gets improved by +healing modifiers?

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This might sound a bit odd, but I just want to check it here:

Strife and its morphs heals‘ are based off the damage proportion of the initial hit.

But does the HoT component of that skill changes by modifiers like Minor Mending or the Champion Point trait for increased HoT healing?

What I basically want to know is if the HoT is static as the initial damage is the basis for the calculation of the HoT or if the HoT ticks can change depending on your buffs and debuffs (Mending, Defile, +HoT healing etc).
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increasing % Healing Done increases the % of damage done that it uses for healing.

If it's 45% healing of 5k damage, then increasing healing modifier will eventually have it at say, 50% of 5k as the heal. For testing, add more siphoning skills to see the value change, assuming you have the increased healing passive associated with it.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increasing % Healing Done increases the % of damage done that it uses for healing.

If it's 45% healing of 5k damage, then increasing healing modifier will eventually have it at say, 50% of 5k as the heal. For testing, add more siphoning skills to see the value change, assuming you have the increased healing passive associated with it.

Ah, that's interesting!

I'm on console so testing stuff is... different, but I will try it. Thanks!
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another relatedly weird/cool interaction is with the Cleanse morph of the Alliance War Purge.

It increases the % of target HP healed as you increase your Healing Done %.
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as I am aware, any heal that is a percentage based off another number (ie: strife or sweeps % of damage done, healing ward % of shield, health heals that are % of max health) are affected by healing modifiers. As stated by earlier replies, healing done modifiers will be reflected in the tooltip of these skills by increasing the listed percentage.

ie: If you have +10% healing done, Swallow Soul will change from healing from 35% of damage to 38.5% (35 *1.1) of damage, or healing ward will change from 33% of shield to 36.3% (33*1.1) of shield. Note from memory I believe tooltips round the decimal (although I am not sure if this is just a tooltip effect or if the percentage is also rounded when it calculates the heal).

So basically they benefit just like any other heal.

Note in the specific case of swallow soul, what I don't know is if the hot ticks recalculate after the initial cast (ie: does mending effect the later ticks if you get mending after the cast of swallow soul) or if they are fixed based on the buffs you had at the time of initial cast. Might depend on whether its healing done vs healing taken/received too (likely the former snapshots at cast but the later doesn't?).

I don't think healing received/taken buffs affect the tooltips in any way however (I assume because it doesn't know its target, similar to how vulnerability or protection on the target won't modify you're own damage tooltips). As far as I am aware they do affect the actual heal though.
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, related but not specific to what you asked, is that battle spirit is a bit funky for these type of skills, due to the differences in battle spirit reductions for damage/shields (50%) and healing (55%).

We know that these abilities aren't "double" reduced by battle spirit, but the question of which reduction applies is a bit less clear. As far as I can tell from my testing, each component of the ability is calculated without battle spirit, and then has the applicable reduction applied.

ie: Say you have swallow soul with a tooltip listing 10k damage and healing for 35% of damage done (no modifiers), and you hit a target in Cyrodiil with no mitigation/resistance.
    Your pre-battle spirit damage would be 10k, reduced by battle spirit to 10k*(1-0.5) = 5k
    It does not simply do healing is 5k*0.35 = 1.75k, instead it does:
    Your pre-battle spirit healing would be 10k*0.35 =3.5k, reduced by battle spirit to 3.5k*(1-0.55) = 1.575k
    So in effect swallow soul only heals for 1.575/5 = 31.5% of the damage done due to the difference in battle spirit modifiers
    From memory last I checked I don't think the tooltips update to show this effect.

I tested this with swallow soul and healing ward specifically a couple of updates ago, but assume its still correct and that other similar skills follow the same rules.
    Edited by ExistingRug61 on March 1, 2021 6:13AM