The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Reasons I'll be slowing down on ESO

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
Been a great ride! Will continue the crystal and key's dailies since they take the longest. But I suspect that will be about it for a while...a handful of reasons below:
  • Random nerf: The upcoming crit nerf for no apparent reason. I put in a lot of time and effort into golding my MS gear, only to see it get nuked. I'm glad I didn't burn the 200 crystals, slaughterstone and ninrflux on these like I was going to (hello Medusa)
  • Laughable "rewards": The Tribunal Coffers are a joke. Period (see the next soon to be thread)
  • Getting shot through objects: Seriously...I realize there's most likely nothing to be done, but when I go galloping by and get shot by an arrow THROUGH A MOUNTAIN by an entity I've aggro'd...ya no it's just dumb.
  • Ludicrous item/ingredient rarity: Clam-gall anyone? Large clam shells at the geysers should ALWAYS have one. I've ran countless Vault of Madness veteran runs for an inferno staff with no luck (and that includes the whole 4 man team). At some point it starts to turn into "work"...and having my entertainment involve "work"...is counter productive.

I'm sure there are a litany of smaller annoyances, but these are the core...especially the nerf...man what a bite.
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too have had to take breaks. I switch games for a while because nothing is perfect, and a change of scenery is good. I also enjoy digital art, so I can turn off games when i've had enough and enjoy other hobbies. But it will be here when you come back if you do take a break. :smile:
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally get being cheesed about a nerf but it's pretty much all games and sometimes a balance pass includes nerfing your build. Personally I think the crit meta should be nerfed since it's the only real meta to play. I look forward to other types of builds.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely agree on shoot trough mountain thing.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It seems like you made the game into a job, where you feel you need to be at the top of the game. And where all rewards need to be worthwhile for endgame players, but for a game this is impossible to achieve.

I've had this issue in games before. Just take a small break, and go do what you enjoy in the game. Instead of logging in to go do what you feel you must do.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    It seems like you made the game into a job, where you feel you need to be at the top of the game. And where all rewards need to be worthwhile for endgame players, but for a game this is impossible to achieve.

I've had this issue in games before. Just take a small break, and go do what you enjoy in the game. Instead of logging in to go do what you feel you must do.

when next patch goes live gaining all these CPs will be a job
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The trial crash bug where if someone gets quest before warp in crashes the ps4 been going on since summerset.

Lame coffer rewards
    Only 2 tickets daily event is meh

Still having the reward participation cap when world boss loot cap.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TwinLamps wrote: »
    I absolutely agree on shoot trough mountain thing.

I've never had this happen. It sounds like fun. What is the secret? I wanna be shot through mountains!
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I'll never be at the top of the game...I haven't bought all the DLC I would need to do that ;) So no...not job...just wanted to finish out what I started as I started it...but I do get a living, breathing game. And if you agro a range opponent while galloping around....look back as you get shot/spelled...you'll see some amazing things :)
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I totally get being cheesed about a nerf but it's pretty much all games and sometimes a balance pass includes nerfing your build. Personally I think the crit meta should be nerfed since it's the only real meta to play. I look forward to other types of builds.

Crit one is pretty strange part, crit damage is still too potent to pass on it so critical is even more desirable but harder to get. Only change is some gear options (acuity and possibly pfg comeback) and thief mundus for some specs, nothing major.