The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ball of Lightning vs Fiery Grip Suggestion

vesselwiththepestle
vesselwiththepestle
✭✭✭✭✭
Ball of Lightning is supposed to absorb projectiles with it's, well, Ball of Lightning. Fiery Grip is supposed to be undodgeable and unreflectable. I never even thought it is supposed to be a projectile, however, it is still targeting the Ball of Lightning, thus 100% useless against a Sorc who uses Ball of Lightning. That at a rather short range of 22 metres - which doesn't get buffed through Alliance War skill passives, unlike sorc skills like Crystal Frags or Endless Fury. So you have only 1 chance to "fiery grip" the Mag Sorc after his Ball of Lightning anyway!

Please make Ball of Lightning untargetable for Fiery Grip, so the Fiery Grip would hit the Sorc instead of the Ball of Lightning. Most of the time he'll be cc-immune anyway...
1000+ CP
PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ball of lighting has range of 15m while fiery grip, as you said is up to 22. I dont see issue
    Ball of lighting also only absorbs spell projectiles. You still can get hit with stamina abilities.
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sorc are op threads keep rising ^^
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good. Chains is the ultimate zergling skill. Anything that negates that is fine with me.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The gap closer morph should be excluded imo since no other gap closer gets screwed by ball of lightning like that.
    Well imo ball of lightning shouldnt do what it currently does but that is a different discussion.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »
    The sorc are op threads keep rising ^^

Only because proc sets are gone and the class/weapon/guild kits are at the forefront of combat now. We're starting to see the odd things that were hidden by the much bigger problems.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Good. Chains is the ultimate zergling skill. Anything that negates that is fine with me.

Lol? I almost only use it solo - when I am zerging around, I prefer skills like volcano rune, inevitable deto, Splitting Soul-Trap. As Mag DK I usually need some kind of gap close. (I am not mist forming around towers and trees.) I would prefer the other morph, however, it doesn't work in prime time and is unplayable because of the desyncs it causes. So I am stuck with fiery chains.

Alternatively I'd suggest to revert the change to DK Wings and give DK a proper reflect back.

1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!