The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

dawnbreaker targeting

Jman100582
Jman100582
✭✭✭✭
I can't be the only one missing everything with this ultimate, especially in pvp. There's something terribly wrong with the targeting on this skill. It consistently misses people in front of me in pointblank range, but will hit people behind me. It even manages to miss people cc'd on the floor, and it's been this way for MONTHS. Theres very few alternative ults for stam toons that are any good...what else am i supposed to run? thrive in chaos? that misses too! My friend has started to run meteor on his stamden from how bad db has been. It really needs a fix
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Positional desync. The direction you think you are targeting, the server thinks is something else.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Positional desync. The direction you think you are targeting, the server thinks is something else.

Annoying AF, got worse recently. Hoping the update helps this
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not a different direction rather the person is at a different place than where they appear on your screen. You see it with Magnum shot and cleave alot too. Its why sometimes when you die in PvP there is a second where you can still move but you can't cast. You are dead on the other person's screen it just hasn't loaded onto your screen yet. It really shows how bad performance is.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's not a different direction rather the person is at a different place than where they appear on your screen. You see it with Magnum shot and cleave alot too. Its why sometimes when you die in PvP there is a second where you can still move but you can't cast. You are dead on the other person's screen it just hasn't loaded onto your screen yet. It really shows how bad performance is.

Ya, that is a better way to describe it. Whatever you see on the screen may or may not be reality. I think that is how I get hit around corners. I think I've achieved LOS, but I really haven't...
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've even noticed it in PvE lately.

Everything is a laggy mess in this game at the moment.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Positional desync has been AWFUL in PvP lately. The worst symptoms for me are Jabs not hitting a damned thing and not being able to use Executioner even though I'm standing right on top of a CC'd target.
    Edited by Solariken on February 26, 2021 11:07PM
  • milllaurie
    milllaurie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tbh I did nit learn to land this ultimate in pvp for about 3 weeks first time I used it. Warden spore I think has almost the same shaped cone, you can check with that. Also a boss in DSA 1st stage has a red aoe of dawnbreaker to double check.
    I know "enemies in front of you" can be confusing but it also takes time to learn.