The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Proc sets aren't causing lag.

Sheuib
Sheuib
✭✭✭✭
Like I said in another post I am really enjoying the no proc set test when lag isn't present. I am making this post just to make sure the devs understand that the proc sets are not the problem. They have tested everything at this point. And, they have not found the smoking gun.

The problem is plan and simple the servers they are using cannot handle the number of people in cyrodiil when it is pop locked. You start seeing lag once you get all three factions at three bars and it just gets worse as you get to all three factions pop locked.

I don't want to see a reduction in the number of people in cyrodiil. But, if they are not going to significantly upgrade the equipment that is the only reasonable fix. At least do a test of a campaign with the pop locked at what is currently two or three bars.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It worked a lot better before u25. They just have the server calculating too much at this point. A lot of calculations used to be done on the client and the result sent to the server. Since u25 it has to ping back and forth far more often to even define player position. We can thank the adoption of stadia for this👍
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they need to push more back client side and get an anti-cheat program going. Maybe they don't because it would kill add-ons? I don't know but Update25 really made it worse without question and its been a year of going from bad to terrible.
    Edited by techyeshic on February 21, 2021 3:30PM
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to buy better equipment.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It worked a lot better before u25. They just have the server calculating too much at this point. A lot of calculations used to be done on the client and the result sent to the server. Since u25 it has to ping back and forth far more often to even define player position. We can thank the adoption of stadia for this👍

The number of friends that have quit this game due to performance before update 25 is longer than my active Contact list.

If ZOS does read these threads, then let me say it loud and clear: the performance of Cyordill PvP has been consistently poor after update 2. If ZOS tomorrow dumped Stadia and reverted everything back to update 24, anybody who come back to the game would be disappointed and would just as quickly leave.
    Edited by Joy_Division on February 21, 2021 4:28PM
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    Like I said in another post I am really enjoying the no proc set test when lag isn't present. I am making this post just to make sure the devs understand that the proc sets are not the problem. They have tested everything at this point. And, they have not found the smoking gun.

The problem is plan and simple the servers they are using cannot handle the number of people in cyrodiil when it is pop locked. You start seeing lag once you get all three factions at three bars and it just gets worse as you get to all three factions pop locked.

I don't want to see a reduction in the number of people in cyrodiil. But, if they are not going to significantly upgrade the equipment that is the only reasonable fix. At least do a test of a campaign with the pop locked at what is currently two or three bars.

The problem is not so simple, there’s a bigger issue behind it all. On paper it seems like the more people there are in Cyrodiil, the more it lags. What they need to figure out is WHY more people= more lag. When Cyrodiil first came out, it could have over 1000 players in it at once. Over the years however, this number has been reduced over and over again. So why can Cyrodiil no longer support the same amount of players that it used to? Well that’s what Zenimax needs to figure out.

Trust me, the solution is not to reduce the max amount of players allowed in Cyrodiil at a time. Zenimax has been trying this for years and it has ruined the PvP experience. Since the map is huge, you’ll find yourself riding your mount and not seeing a soul in sight. This means more PvDoor, and less PvPlayer. The current Cyrodiil Max population size is already too small which is why you see so many empty keeps and only 2 fights on the map at a time. If ZOS can figure out how to get more people on the map with less lag, Cyro would be a better place.

Lastly, in regards to the procs not causing lag... I disagree. It makes absolutely no sense that removing so many sets would worsen lag. I would understand if the lag was the same with procs vs without procs, but the lag has worsened. This leads me to believe that whatever ZOS did to disable so many 5 pc bonuses is stressing the server greatly. I mentioned this in a previous post but no one seems to consider it.

Edited by Stamicka on February 21, 2021 5:17PM
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes the lag is the same if not worse, but it is fun doing PvP where you actually have to use skills and fight players rather than fight their sets. It is funny how many people are struggling with these tests on tho, shows who got too used to their armor doing all the damage and healing for them :lol:
    Edited by Vetixio on February 23, 2021 1:38AM
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • LtClungeX
    LtClungeX
    ✭✭✭
    it works better at 2 bar currently, i came back after 2 years and I cant understand how its got this much worse, i was in bruma tonight no one else was there I used ambush on an ad and my skill was delayed by about 2.5 secs its beyond playable atm
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If we're just throwing things at the wall at this point and hoping something sticks, why not add a toggle option that forces all other players into one of three alliance armor styles? If they thought removing deer was a possible fix, why wouldn't removing 70+ armor/weapon/skin/dye choices * the number of players in the area be an issue?
    love is love
  • INe_Saninus
    INe_Saninus
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still placing my money on guards and npcs.
    We can have 80 people scroll battles in the middle of nowhere with a playable level of lag, but let me try and solo cap a resource and it feels like the server is collapsing.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still placing my money on guards and npcs.
    We can have 80 people scroll battles in the middle of nowhere with a playable level of lag, but let me try and solo cap a resource and it feels like the server is collapsing.

I also think this should be investigated further. I too have noticed worsening performance around NPC's.
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cross healing isn’t helping. You can’t turn something off (procs) then turn on cross healing and see more lag and then somehow blindly say nope it CANT be that because YOU like the change despite it being quite obvious it’s creating a problem.

This test needs a week of no cross healing. To mimic the Cyro we had immediately before going into the test. What a *** change.

It would be like testing to see if your car drives better with new tires in the snow but instead of using the same car you change from an AWD car to a front wheel drive car.
    Edited by Dunning_Kruger on February 26, 2021 4:36AM

For the Queen bby
  • Doczy
    Doczy
    ✭✭✭
    next pvp test must be

2 seconds cooldown for rolldodge

and

no animation cancelling (so server calculate la and skill easily)
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing we can say for sure, is that proc sets don't cause as much lag as cross-checking.

But we already knew that