The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Can't use skills in BG after dying - has anyone found a workaround for this bug?

Magdalina
Magdalina
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
It's not a bug report per se as I have reported it in game (as I'm sure many others have and, as we all know, probably to no avail) but rather a cry for help. There's this very annoying bug when after dying and releasing you can no longer use any skills or anything - no skills, no dodging, no ulti, no anything but walking and blocking. I tried dodging, reloading ui, dying again, opening crown store, unequipping and re-equipping all my gear, nothing works, my character is just dead weight until I'm out of the instance. Has anyone found a workaround for that? It's super annoying, I either have to basically afk until the end of the BG and do my teammates a favor and drop out hoping they get someone else - but then I'll get a BG deserter penalty...lol...for dropping out due to not wanting to hold back my team due to a bug.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 24, 2021 11:34PM
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try forcing a dodge roll by jumping from a height.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How often does this happen to you?
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How often does this happen to you?

Not sure. Not every first or even every 10th BG for sure. I think it mostly happens when there's a skill overload - I die to attacks from like 4 different people at once while trying to use my skills/dodge/potion at once to avoid that, perhaps it's somehow related to skills queueing on my char and just freezing there as she dies (or perhaps it's just a coinfidence and is caused by something else entirely). I've had it happen maybe...6 times total while doing several BGs daily for a month or so. I've also heard other people mention it occasionally. It's just EXTREMELY annoying when it does happen :/
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My workaround is to not play BGs
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    It's not a bug report per se as I have reported it in game (as I'm sure many others have and, as we all know, probably to no avail) but rather a cry for help. There's this very annoying bug when after dying and releasing you can no longer use any skills or anything - no skills, no dodging, no ulti, no anything but walking and blocking. I tried dodging, reloading ui, dying again, opening crown store, unequipping and re-equipping all my gear, nothing works, my character is just dead weight until I'm out of the instance. Has anyone found a workaround for that? It's super annoying, I either have to basically afk until the end of the BG and do my teammates a favor and drop out hoping they get someone else - but then I'll get a BG deserter penalty...lol...for dropping out due to not wanting to hold back my team due to a bug.

Happens outside of BG's as well. Log out and Log in is the only cure I have found.