The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Warden Healer pve sets

Tigerboy78
So I'm leveling a Warden Healer which I eventually want to bring to Vet dungeons and maybe trials. What are some good Monster Helm sets and armor sets?

Mostly for healing but I would like to help with dps as well.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, there are a lot of sets that can be good for healers. However most of them drop in dlc dungeons or raids, so they might take a bit of effort to get.

While leveling I'd just craft some generic magicka sets. Something like Julianos, Kagrenac or Seducer.

Generally you currently don't need sets dedicated to healing, so it's a good idea to wear sets that help with ressources or increase the groups damage. A good setup to get when you are done leveling would be master restoration staff, spell power cure, hollowfang (lightning staff+ 3 other parts) and symphony of blades monster set.

If you struggle to get symphony you could also go for rkugamz or, if you want some extra healing, earthgore or nightflame.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jorvuld’s Guidance is great on a Warden Healer.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grab SPC, it's easy to farm on normal.

Damage is king in ESO dungeons.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I would encourage you to simply look at the meta for healer sets, there are quite a few options and more than any other class, a healer has to maintain a wide range of sets to meet the meta for a given trial and trial group.

But, I absolutely love Winters Respite on a Warden healer. It turns your main aoe heal, budding seeds, into an absolute healing monster.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    Grab SPC, it's easy to farm on normal.

Damage is king in ESO dungeons.

SPC is definetly a great choice and Major Courage is getting megabuffed this coming update, so theres that.
  • Tigerboy78
    Thanks for all the replies. I think I will go SPC and Winters Respite with Night flame Monster set. Thoughts?
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerboy78 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies. I think I will go SPC and Winters Respite with Night flame Monster set. Thoughts?

There's better choices then nightflame as monster set. You could use blades or earthgore, or sentential which is in base game
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are learning healing, I often recommend trying to get a group together to get Earthgore monster helm... I cannot stress enough how much easier this makes healing. Once you get better and you feel you can keep on top of your groups healz without Earthgore, drop it for a support set.

An important point to note, the tool tip can mislead some people. Earthgore switches its healing multiple times to whoever has the lowest health, in its area, during its duration. Some people read the tool tip and think it only heals ONE person. It is more correct to say it heals one person at a time. If you keep aoe/dot heals on the group, Earthgore procs essentially automatically when someone drops below 50% health.

Or just crack on with a support set from the start, as others have said for beginners Id recommend Sentinel of Rkugamz. Unless all you have right now is Nightflame, which is OK but certainly not as good as Earthgore in my opinion.

SPC is a great option. Most healers worth their salt have a set of SPC on hand, as well as Olorime (trial set).
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve also made a warden healer recently. I’m trying to decide whether to run double resto or backbar a lightning staff. Currently running the destro while I level up. The sets I have are Olo, winters, sactuary, worms and I’m working on SPC, jorvulds, master architect, and roaring opportunist. I have earthgore, sentinal and lord warden.

Just wondering how double resto plays compared to a standard destro/resto setup?
    Edited by Everest_Lionheart on November 3, 2020 3:34PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wondering how double resto plays compared to a standard destro/resto setup?

Same, you just lose the ability to eledrain and auto proc enchantment from wall.
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    N/A
    Edited by hexnotic on November 17, 2020 5:45PM
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

Same, you just lose the ability to eledrain and auto proc enchantment from wall.

I will still carry a destro in each set because I realize it’s situational. Planning to still run fetcher flies, wouldn’t that also proc enchant? Also running cliff racer for off balance though heavy attack with charged staff would do the same.

Any use for deep fissure on warden healer? How about permafrost ultimate for extra group utility or is that situational as well? Also was looking at winters revenge paired with winters respite turning my ground AOE into an additional heal.

Warden has some interesting options for sure.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fetcher does not proc enchants. Only some weapon skills and Light/heavy attacks.
  • TheRealDrRat
    TheRealDrRat
    ✭✭
    Weapons and Armor: Olo, hollowfang, SPC, worm, jorvuld's, ebon, hircine (maybe for next patch), gossamer, winter's respite, blackrose resto, master's resto, MK, zen's, sanctuary, Torug's, hiti, RO.

Monster sets: Sentinel, symphony of blades, troll king, earthgore, nightflame, chokethorn.
  • Tigerboy78
    Is Budding Seeds better to use than Illustrious Healing when you use Winters Respite set? I am still going to stack them but which one should I use first for the proc?
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just power-leveled one through the Witch's Festival and I'm going to go with Jorvulds Guidance and Olorime. I want to take advantage of all the buffs the Warden can bring to a group and keep them up as long as possible, so I think this setup will do it.

As for monster helm? For a healer, that is really situational. Sentinel of Rkngthumz, Bogdan, Earthgore, or Symphony of blades are all good, and you'll use them all in different situations. You can even make a case for Troll King in some applications.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just power-leveled one through the Witch's Festival and I'm going to go with Jorvulds Guidance and Olorime. I want to take advantage of all the buffs the Warden can bring to a group and keep them up as long as possible, so I think this setup will do it.

As for monster helm? For a healer, that is really situational. Sentinel of Rkngthumz, Bogdan, Earthgore, or Symphony of blades are all good, and you'll use them all in different situations. You can even make a case for Troll King in some applications.

That’s what I was looking at also. Trying to get a group together to farm jovulds though isn’t easy. Probably gonna have to farm it on normal, did a vet premade yesterday with a guy relearning to tank after months away from the game. It didn’t go terrible but did have a few hiccups. As a group though not a single jorvulds drop among us and 2 of us actually need the set.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s what I was looking at also. Trying to get a group together to farm jovulds though isn’t easy. Probably gonna have to farm it on normal, did a vet premade yesterday with a guy relearning to tank after months away from the game. It didn’t go terrible but did have a few hiccups. As a group though not a single jorvulds drop among us and 2 of us actually need the set.

Yeah, Vet Scalecaller is rough. I'm lucky I have 2 Jorvulds resto staves and a lightning staff and two purple pieces of jewelry from when my core group was working on getting that one done. What I can tell you about that one though is if you have a team that is patient enough to continue to practice the engagements, it can actually become a fun dungeon to run because it is much more about the choreography of the fights than about overwhelming DPS. But if you don't have a core group, normal works just fine for getting the weapons and body pieces, and you can always join an NCR+3 to try to get Olorime jewelry. I see a lot of groups in my guilds and zones looking to run it, so it is still very much a popular trial to run.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, Vet Scalecaller is rough. I'm lucky I have 2 Jorvulds resto staves and a lightning staff and two purple pieces of jewelry from when my core group was working on getting that one done. What I can tell you about that one though is if you have a team that is patient enough to continue to practice the engagements, it can actually become a fun dungeon to run because it is much more about the choreography of the fights than about overwhelming DPS. But if you don't have a core group, normal works just fine for getting the weapons and body pieces, and you can always join an NCR+3 to try to get Olorime jewelry. I see a lot of groups in my guilds and zones looking to run it, so it is still very much a popular trial to run.

I will most likely end up farming it on normal, still have to run vet for zaan at least 1 more time. Last 2 runs we all got light head pieces. RNG playing with my emotions. We have been doing just boss runs to make it faster. It’s more of a stress on our healer but that guy is an all star and can hit you with heals on the run when the fights get a little to scrappy and scrambly. Our guild runs nCR+3 once per week because people are in need of all sets still. I’ve got a full Olo body and a staff from there but no jewelry yet. 2 full sets of siroria including inferno staff though. RNG is funny like that.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Budding Seeds better to use than Illustrious Healing when you use Winters Respite set? I am still going to stack them but which one should I use first for the proc?

On my Warden Healer, I use both. It effectively gives you THREE large aoe healing aoes. It makes little difference which you use first. The Winters Respite proc lands independently of them once procced, I mean it has its own aoe and its own timer so in this respect isnt linked to which skill you use once procced.
  • khaoticfury
    khaoticfury
    ✭✭

On my Warden Healer, I use both. It effectively gives you THREE large aoe healing aoes. It makes little difference which you use first. The Winters Respite proc lands independently of them once procced, I mean it has its own aoe and its own timer so in this respect isnt linked to which skill you use once procced.

Personally i use illustrious healing. I just feel the constant heal is better than waiting for eeach "pop" of seeds. the only warden heal i have is enchanted growth for spammable.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally i use illustrious healing. I just feel the constant heal is better than waiting for eeach "pop" of seeds. the only warden heal i have is enchanted growth for spammable.

Remember that budding seeds heals over time as it grows, before it procs the main healing component after 6 seconds.

Remember also that budding seeds gives both you and the group, the utility to proc a heal synergy yourself as needed, rather than waiting for the 6 second proc.

Budding seeds is an undervalued healing ability in my opinion.

Combining it with 2 other powerful heal over time aoe's, as I say, its really good fun and also effective. Add up the heals per second from the 3 skills in question, its ridiculous, and its easy to add even more with other skills like radiating regeneration. Its way off meta but Ive never had any 4 person content, including vet dlc.