The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ancestral Motif RNG is INSANE

cmetzger93
cmetzger93
✭✭✭✭✭
The RNG to get a treasure map, the RNG to get the drop from the chest, not to mention the RNG of getting a motif you don't already have (this is really only an issue in the reach where there are 14 possible drops) Please do something about this. Everyone who plays MMO's is used to RNG to an extent but this is beyond the pale. I don't expect to be able to get everything all at once but with the current system it could be literal years before you get the ancestral reach motif completed and don't get me started on the cost of the maps on the trader.
To those of you who like getting motifs or completing the antiquities has this been annoying to you?
Edited by cmetzger93 on February 24, 2021 9:08PM
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I gave up on scrying the Ancestral Reach motif. I used 16 relevant Treasure Maps and got 3 leads total, then just bought the rest for around 1 million gold total.

It's subsequently the reason I no longer care about filling in my Antiquity Journal entries.

I'm just hoping this trend doesn't carry forward with the remaining Ancestral Motifs (Ancestral Motifs for Breton, Akaviri, and Imperial styles are almost 100% ready in the game files but not implemented).
    Edited by B0SSzombie on February 24, 2021 9:58PM
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk why you’re complaining. The drop lead rate for the three base game area motifs is fairly good. I have multiple full motif sets of the three sitting in my bank. Only the Ancestral Reach motif is really hard to get.

And I would like to point out that the drop rates on Minotaur, Dromathra, Order of the Hour, Assassin League, Buoyant Arminger, and a number of others are even lower.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i completed all base antiquities from all maps and have a lot of 3/3 purple and golden.
    however, i only found one single boots motif in all the time since i started. I am surprised they are so cheap too
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been trying to complete my Ancestral High Elf motif for a long time and for now have given up trying. :disappointed: Many pages can be easily found but others are so rare and the belt and staff had might as well be impossible.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been trying to complete my Ancestral High Elf motif for a long time and for now have given up trying. :disappointed: Many pages can be easily found but others are so rare and the belt and staff had might as well be impossible.

It was better before they "fixed" the fact that you used to get all the leads for the zone with one treasure map. I'd have been more OK with them "fixing" that if they at least changed it so you have a 100% chance of getting one lead, but never all of them at the same time.
    Edited by Starlock on February 24, 2021 10:14PM
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk why you’re complaining. The drop lead rate for the three base game area motifs is fairly good. I have multiple full motif sets of the three sitting in my bank. Only the Ancestral Reach motif is really hard to get.

And I would like to point out that the drop rates on Minotaur, Dromathra, Order of the Hour, Assassin League, Buoyant Arminger, and a number of others are even lower.

Right. This thread is primarily about the ancestral reach and the hope that they don’t keep using the treasure map system for the future ancestral motifs. Thank you for pointing out the low drop rate on the other motifs but it’s not really relevant since those can be grinded by completing daily quests there is no such system in place for grinding specific treasure maps.
    Edited by cmetzger93 on February 24, 2021 10:56PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    cmetzger93 wrote: »

Right. This thread is primarily about the ancestral reach and the hope that they don’t keep using the treasure map system for the future ancestral motifs. Thank you for pointing out the low drop rate on the other motifs but it’s not really relevant since those can be grinded by completing daily quests there is no such system in place for grinding specific treasure maps.

The ancestral reach is bugged, though. The tooltip says it should also come from excavating, and on the PTS invisible bonus rewards were dropping from excavations but not being added to inventory. I can’t see that being coincidence. Now getting the devs to acknowledge this bug and fix it has turned into a saga all its own.
    Edited by virtus753 on February 25, 2021 12:33AM