The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Surely ZOS can’t think people want another heavy armour, Malacath, proc set, health based heal meta?

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
Ever since the introduction of mythics (mainly malacath) the game has fallen in to an absurd level of imbalance. The game is slow, buggy, laggy and boring with most proper open world builds actually lacking the damage and killing power to ever kill each other, making grouping even more essential than before. Troll tanks are more common than ever and good luck killing a groups healer, they’re built essentially like a PvE tank with CP giving all healing capabilities they need.

There is nothing worse than seeing someone CCd, with their health recovery and ridiculous HOT heal them out out execute range whilst spamming an execute of them. I cant imagine being some noobie 23k health magica build in PvE gear walking to cyro and getting hit by a 10 k dawny from a 40k health warden with more mobility, damage, healing and tankyness than you, it would put me off PvP forever, which is the case for a great number of players.

I have never seen or heard bigger praise for anything on this forum more than the removal of proc sets from PvP for testing and if ZOS in anyway cared for a community response in any way, the majority of them would be kept out indefinitely.

Light armour is still garbage for most builds and medium armour is GETTING A DAMAGE REDUCTION! Malacath left untouched whilst Heavy armour breaks balance, time after time, update after update whilst now getting % mitigation buffs? it can all be fixed with just adding a huge % based damage reduction to the 5 piece heavy passive leaving PvE tanks unaffected and making viability of heavy for PvP damage dealers far less viable and not the unchallenged meta that it is for most builds.

Im feeling another update of not playing BGs and a boring Cyrodil meta that most players who like pressing more buttons than light attacking will not enjoy, the question is who is ZOS making these changes for? The PvE community is more unhappy than they have been for years and PvP has been reduced to a pitiful boring state, more racial nerfs that ZOS are not looking like they will cover the race change tokens for. I can’t convince people to come back as is and it will take some serious convincing for me to ever spend another dollar on this game.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not enough people care, so we're a wider minority here than expected
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • SHOW
    SHOW
    ✭✭✭
    PvP community:
    "we hate proc metas."
    "we hate tank metas."

ESO Devs:
    "we hear you loud and clear!"
    "...here's the worst proc tank meta you could possible imagine."

LOL ...fml
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less people play PvP -> less lag in PvP -> lag in PvP has been fixed by ZOS -> win win

Screen_Shot_2019-06-05_at_1.26.32_PM.jpg

PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree OP. Next patch I believe stat builds will be at least equal to proc builds, but heavy armor will remain the meta from what I have tested.

Light hits much harder and medium feels more fun with the general style emphasised. Heavy has high mitigation most the time, I believe in a 1 v 1 you have to avoid cc'ing them especially if their holding back their ulti 😂
    I agree it should receive more mitigation along with a fairly hefty damage penalty.
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Ever since the introduction of mythics (mainly malacath) the game has fallen in to an absurd level of imbalance. The game is slow, buggy, laggy and boring with most proper open world builds actually lacking the damage and killing power to ever kill each other, making grouping even more essential than before. Troll tanks are more common than ever and good luck killing a groups healer, they’re built essentially like a PvE tank with CP giving all healing capabilities they need.

There is nothing worse than seeing someone CCd, with their health recovery and ridiculous HOT heal them out out execute range whilst spamming an execute of them. I cant imagine being some noobie 23k health magica build in PvE gear walking to cyro and getting hit by a 10 k dawny from a 40k health warden with more mobility, damage, healing and tankyness than you, it would put me off PvP forever, which is the case for a great number of players.

I have never seen or heard bigger praise for anything on this forum more than the removal of proc sets from PvP for testing and if ZOS in anyway cared for a community response in any way, the majority of them would be kept out indefinitely.

Light armour is still garbage for most builds and medium armour is GETTING A DAMAGE REDUCTION! Malacath left untouched whilst Heavy armour breaks balance, time after time, update after update whilst now getting % mitigation buffs? it can all be fixed with just adding a huge % based damage reduction to the 5 piece heavy passive leaving PvE tanks unaffected and making viability of heavy for PvP damage dealers far less viable and not the unchallenged meta that it is for most builds.

Im feeling another update of not playing BGs and a boring Cyrodil meta that most players who like pressing more buttons than light attacking will not enjoy, the question is who is ZOS making these changes for? The PvE community is more unhappy than they have been for years and PvP has been reduced to a pitiful boring state, more racial nerfs that ZOS are not looking like they will cover the race change tokens for. I can’t convince people to come back as is and it will take some serious convincing for me to ever spend another dollar on this game.

it took a while, but even guild wars 2 now has separate tuning knobs for wvw, pvp and pve.