The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feedback PVP Testing after Week 1 (Feb 2021)

Batgirl32
Batgirl32
✭✭✭
Please find below my feedback for devs after week 1 of current testing in Cyrodiil & some other feedback. My observations are from playing on the Greyhost server. I don't often provide feedback but my experience during the first week of testing has been so horrible I have found myself extremely angry and annoyed and swearing at the game, which is not typical of my gameplay even when in Cyrodiil.
  • Lag, disconnects and drops from Cyro are worse than I have experienced in a very long time
  • Lag and/or skill throttling is making the game unplayable. It now takes a minimum of 4-8 button presses to get any skills to go off, at least before it was around 2-5.
  • Effects from skills, including light and heavy attacks, are taking about 10+ seconds to register on both players and NPCs.
  • Players continue to exploit spamming Fears, Sub terrain Assault and Time Stop to make the game lag so bad that other players disconnect and are dropped from Cyro. Also, these skills continue to stack on one player multiple times making the game lag and unplayable. For example, I continue to see toons being individually hit by multiple stacks of Fears which freeze you for 5-10+ seconds and you cannot break free. By the time you are able to move again you are usually dead.
  • Shift from 24 to 12 person groups have only made it harder for small PVP teams to battle in Cyro. It is very difficult for smaller teams to now coordinate against the faction stack zergs.
  • Due to the removal of proc sets, teams are now running in massive zergs to get damage to hit instead of playing with smaller groups (which would be expected for strategic PVP gameplay).
  • Size of group does not appear to affect lag, it is the skills they use that creates lag and disconnects, such as exploiting Fears, Sub terrain Assault and Time Stop. From a player standpoint, Fears appears to be the worst of the lot.
  • Due to lag, some ticks are not going through. I ran with a guild I am in the other night and even though we all did the same accomplishments (and taking into consideration the lag and numerous disconnects) AP gathered for some was half of what others received.
  • I wish you had not offered double AP during the event as now no one is really playing the field, they are turtling up in keeps for D-ticks. This will not bring quality results as it does not reflect typical gameplay in Cyrodiil.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    It definitely shows that proc sets are not the cause of lag. With everything else that they tested the only logical reason for lag is just shear numbers. More people equals more lag.

The test has been great if you get in a server with lower populations. But, but once you get about 3 bars on all factions the lag starts to pick up and only gets worse as you get to pop locked on all three.
  • alexoop
    alexoop
    ✭✭
    Proc sets not smoking bullet on lag, there’s still lag. But on the bright side, the lag spikes seem to be shorter because big fights are resolving a lot faster. And some ball groups that crutch on sets are feeling the pinch. I like the no sets in effect, the fighting just seems to be more tactical and cleaner than having to compensate for who knows what set. I do wish there were more focus on stats sets in the game. I am wistful too since proc sets will inevitably be back. I think ZOS has painted itself into a corner with precedent of releasing new sets with each new map/DLC/Chapter.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious OP; what time did you mostly play? During prime time or off hours?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is my feedback to the subject line of the post.
    • I experienced negligible latency issues. Sometimes there was a <.8s latency switching bar when the location was highly populated; however, the high populated combats didn't interfere with my skill execution, dodge, block or movement. Pre-planning when I needed to shift bars adjusted my gameplay to the possible latency switching action bars.
    • At times the break free action would not register with the server and client. This was infrequent and occurred in low and high populated areas.
    • Noticeable different in high populated combat scenarios without proc sets active. This is mixed feedback since it's subjective; but encountering ball groups were engaging, in context to the push/retreat warfare and some collapsed.
    • A subjective feedback but the no-proc test cycle did restore a sense of mortality rate to ball groups. Ball group verse ball group were more engaging without the proc sets, and I experienced no performance issues in these large drawn out fights. This could be caused by the disadvantage that some players were still adjusting to the no-proc set environment.
    • I played over the past week on my dated Laptop; so I know I'm not running with optimal hardware. Despite the hardware differences between my laptop and dedicated gaming machines, I think my framerate only dropped down to 69-78 FPS according to LUI Extended status.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They reverted healing changes, which is a net decrease in performance.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    They reverted healing changes, which is a net decrease in performance.

all healing =/= radiating regen being a huge issue
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick