The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How does Elemental Force work?

Scardan
Scardan
✭✭✭✭✭
"With Destruction Staff Equipped Increases your chance to apply elemental status effects by 100%"

Does it mean that it always apply a status effect? How does it exactly work?
Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapons, Enchants and Skills have chances to apply status effects and that chance is increased.

Weapon enchantment's damage 20% base chance
    Single-target direct attack ability 10% base chance
    Area-of-effect abilities 5 % base chance
    Single-target damage-over-time abilities 3% base chance
    Area-of-effect damage-over-time abilities 1% base chance
    Destruction staff Light or Heavy attack 0% base chance

Edited by Elo106 on February 24, 2021 10:39AM
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I will always apply status effect with Unstable Wall of Elements with this passive? Or will this +100% apply to something else, another modificator in calculation of real chance?

There will be a Star callesd Occult Overload that makes dying enemies under status effect explode for 3k oblivion damage. Thats why I am asking. It will buff Elemental Weapon too.
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unstable Wall of Elements is an Area-of-effect damage-over-time ability so 1% base chance increased by 100% so you get 2% each tick
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, I understand. Thx ^^
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It *is* confusing wording for sure. If it said just 'doubles your chance' for instance that would be clearer in my opinion. By mentioning 100% it implies something always happens.
    PC NA