The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Do you place crafting stations in your houses?

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I think crafting stations completely ruin the decor and would never place them in my house unless it was specifically dedicated as a crafting house or a guild hall. How do you feel about crafting stations in your houses?
Edited by SilverBride on February 22, 2021 7:54PM
PCNA

Do you place crafting stations in your houses? 50 votes

I do not have crafting stations in any of my houses.
8%
VehlirLonestryderSilverBrideNaughty_Ryder 4 votes
I have crafting stations in a house dedicated for crafting, or as a guild hall.
12%
GilvothvolkeswagonAraneae6537DoomGrunt624Dangerjoe1982MedicalMeany 6 votes
I have crafting stations in one or more of my decorated houses.
76%
chuck-18_ESOaipex8_ESODarcyMardinwenchmore420b14_ESOZephiran23fioskalSanctum74DojohodaFischblutRaddlemanNumber7LumennZypheranAethereal'GoldenMinnesotaKidSickleCiderAllen1982M_VolsungJaraalNord_Rasericolossalvoids 38 votes
Other (please comment)
4%
jaws343seecodenotgames 2 votes
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please comment)
    I don't have them in my house as decorations. But I do have 1 of each of the base stations for furnishing crafting. As well as the attuned stations we got for free with Elsweyr. These are usually always out in my house that stores all of my unused furnishings.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I have a home that I'd surely visit a lot or a main residence it's surely there alongside banker/merchant and coffers, how would I implement that it's another issue. Gladly most places have some spot that fits the purpose well enough.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    As well as the attuned stations we got for free with Elsweyr. .

Wait...what?

I bought Elsewhyr and don't recall attuned stations?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    As well as the attuned stations we got for free with Elsweyr. .
    Wait...what?

I bought Elsewhyr and don't recall attuned stations?
    It was part of the promo event that year. Dragon's Rise Reward Bundle, it included many bonuses like a target dummy, costume, pet, furnishing, item sets, and attuneable crafting stations.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Dragon_Rise
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    It was part of the promo event that year. Dragon's Rise Reward Bundle, it included many bonuses like a target dummy, costume, pet, furnishing, item sets, and attuneable crafting stations

Sigh...guess I missed out.

Although knowing me I would still not have decided which sets to attune them to.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please comment)
    I keep my basic stations in the bank and then place them in houses as I need them so I can craft stuff, then return them to the bank.

I have placed a couple of the stations permanently though. I have an alchemy station in my alchemy lab and a jewellery crafting station in my latest build, which has a dress-making workshop.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certainly, but only when they add to the general theme of the home. An alchemy station in my herb garden, for example, or an enchanting station in my mage's laboratory.
    n1170n68icpc.png

y72ig472yonw.png
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few exceptions — a have an Elsweyr grill (best crafting station in the game from a decoration perspective, IMHO) placed primarily as a furnishing for an outdoor cookout party at Sleek Creek. I also have a house decorated around the basic alchemy station (various Breton and Nord furnishings work best to my eye) so it works if only because the whole cottage was designed around it!

Most of the regular crafting stations don’t fit with a lot, it’s true, certainly not with high-end furnishings. There are a few alternate versions in the Crown store, but I’m not going to pay thousands of Crowns for a crafting station unless it has multiple attunements or something. I do wish that the various crafting stations were available in more styles for writs as I would then include one or more in more of my houses.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was part of the promo event that year. Dragon's Rise Reward Bundle, it included many bonuses like a target dummy, costume, pet, furnishing, item sets, and attuneable crafting stations

Although knowing me I would still not have decided which sets to attune them to.

Lol, I hear that — I carried mine around for a YEAR before deciding it was just ridiculous and to just pick one that I use at least occasionally and place them already! :joy:
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yah, I have stations used for crafting - mostly furniture crafting and for decon of junk gear to get increasingly expensive ordinary crafting material.

I have some placed as furniture props.

I'll be placing my Transmutation station in my PC/NA HOTLC open house right out front so you can't help but trip over it, usable by one and all, in honor of the big CP Nerf we are about to be blessed with.

If you don't have access to one for some reason look for something like "Madsci Transmut" if that doesn't strain the generous character limit in the house nickname. Look for it starting March 8.
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 homes with full crafting stations. I do work in them from time to time. They also lend an aesthetic purpose as well which adds to the vignette created.

I have a fortress for instance where having something like a full blacksmithing station would be crucial to the effectiveness of the function of the occupants of the garrison.

Not so much attunables as I rely on my guild for that level of completness for writs etc.
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • RunForTheHills
    RunForTheHills
    ✭✭✭
    I like collecting houses, but I am not that into decorating. I buy some of them furnished and have furnished a couple from scratch, but I wouldn't hesitate to add crafting stations and other practical items as necessary. It is the same in IRL. My wife likes to decorate the house, but you have to compromise on some things like speakers and subwoofers that she thinks are ugly. I did have to move the treadmill out of the family room and into the office. I keep a set in the courtyard of the Gardner home to do daily writs, run out the gate, and turn them in. I also have a set inside Captain Margaux's Place where I pick up the daily writs because I leave the characters there as a base and it is convenient to do non-writ related crafting there.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cooking in kitchen, with a custom stone "fireplace" around it. Blacksmithing next to a furnace,container of nurncrux, and jewelry station, woodworking next to logs and piles of firewood, clothing next to hides and tanning rack - all in a spot that looks perfect for a crafting area. Finally, enchanting and alchemy in a corner upstairs with floating crystals and hanging herbs and whatnot. Everything looks like it belongs, for the most part.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You aren't alone in that regard. I still haven't decided what to attune mine to but have been leaning to Cyrodiil or IC stations that pop up a lot in my master writs. The problem is which one to start with while I accumulate enough vouchers to purchase more. Because you know as soon as I commit to one set that will be the last time RNG gives me a drop for it.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a crafting area in all but one of my houses, the Hall of the Lunar Champion, because I have not decorated it much.

I like to add things like the nirncrux items from Luxury Guy and the stacks of cloth and leather that you can find through thieving activities. A couple of houses have a homemade forge. I also have that loom from the Solitude gold furnishing plan, it makes a nice addition.

It’s just too hard to decorate without having a full set of stations anyway.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a full set of crafting stations in one home permanently. I made a hidden passageway to it, and most people don't find them. You cannot see them unless you're very thoroughly looking around, or if you already know where to slip into so that you can parkour onto the roof and use them.

I however do have some scattered around in other homes where they don't detract or I don't frequent. For example in my holiday home, I have the new life provisioning station as the firelogs for my fire place. It just looks like a regular fireplace. I also have a jewelry crafting station in my Bal Foyen home but no other tables. It doesn't look right, but it doesn't look all that wrong either because it's just the one station. This is fine as the area right outside the home has all the other tables very closeby as well as a wayshrine.

I also had some tables hidden in the ice in my enchanted snowglobe home, but you have to go quite out of your way to find them as a I custom built a giant cave that cuts them off from the right side, and they are hidden top side by the natural environment. On the left side they are hidden through furniture trickery. Naturally that area leads to a little open trail that makes you want to visit it. But I closed it off without actually closing it off by making a little woodchopping area. So most people see the logs and feel like it's the end of the path, and turn around. A lot of people that visit thus never find them.

So as a general rule, I don't like having tables in my homes because they detract from the decor. But when a house or build allows me to hide them from natural sight, then I do place them in the home.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on February 24, 2021 6:29AM
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one set that lives in my main house, the clockwork versions, and a set I keep in the bank to pull out as needed for other houses.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein