The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What controllers work on Mac?

elfeagle
elfeagle
Soul Shriven
I have a new Mac mini with the M1 chip and I am looking to play ESO with a controller but none of my old DualShock 4 controllers will work. The left trigger does nothing and the right trigger is block. remapping does not change it, it just does nothing or block+mapped key. I also tried my gen 1 XBone controller and it was even worse, nothing except the thumb-sticks worked.

since the DualShock 4 and XBone controllers are incompatible with ESO, what controllers will work? I am willing to buy a new controller but I want to know it will work before I do.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use DualShock 4 since years, with full satisfaction. Truth is, my Macs (yep, more than one) have Intel or AMD, but I don't think this to be relevant. I must add that I usually open launcher through Steam, but even if I start the game app directly, my DS 4 works fine.

As an aside, I tried DS4 on PC too, it worked (with Steam), but not so well as Xbox1 controller
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Later in the day it occurred to me that there is an option (in Options/Gameplay) to reset the controller settings.
    Have you tried it yet? It may be of help, even if I'm not sure about it
  • elfeagle
    elfeagle
    Soul Shriven
    sadly that does not help. From what I understand its because they don't use the built in Mac support. playing the game through steam removes the issues because steam interprets the controller and sends that data to ESO. sadly my account is not through steam so I have to use 3rd party button mappers that barely work and no longer work with Big Sur and the M1 chip.
    Thats why I was asking if anyone had found a controller that somehow avoids issues.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    elfeagle wrote: »
    sadly that does not help. From what I understand its because they don't use the built in Mac support. playing the game through steam removes the issues because steam interprets the controller and sends that data to ESO. sadly my account is not through steam so I have to use 3rd party button mappers that barely work and no longer work with Big Sur and the M1 chip.
    Thats why I was asking if anyone had found a controller that somehow avoids issues.

My DS4 worked well with Big Sur (again, Intel or AMD), with or without logging through Steam.
    I reverted to 10.15.7 for other reasons, unrelated with ESO.

Let me specify that I use the DS4 only tethered to the USB, the BT connection is totally unreliable, even if it work at all

And elfeagle, there is a technical Mac devoted section in the forum (lower in the page). I do not have consulted it for your problem, but maybe you could find more help and more information there

Edited by fiender66 on February 23, 2021 8:01AM