The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Research skill points

depravity_influence
After all research has been completed the skill points we put into them are no longer needed correct? If i take them all away do yall think that it will ruine the quality of loot i get from my daily crafting writs?
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not aware of any influence those skill points you're asking about have on writ rewards' quality, but that is an interesting question.

I'm inclined to say they should have no bearing on it, but I can't say for sure; I've always been under the impression that rewards were based 50/50 on your character's level & the X/10 craft skill level. It works that way for harvesting nodes. If you're CP160+, but you're only 1/10 on your crafting skill for, say, clothing, then you're going to see Jute half the time and Ancestor Silk the other half. I assume that the writ rewards work the same.

I feel like I get the same quality & quantity of rewards on my characters that know no traits as the ones who know all (except Master Writs, of course). But feelings aren't numbers. They're all level 50 & 10/10 on craft level; even the ones whose character level isn't up to 50/CPlevel yet. I intentionally do this to maximize writ rewards' quality; I hope I'm not doing it for nothing, haha.

Personally I've always refunded those research-related skill points back after my crafters completed all researches, and I'm still raking in Chromium Grains and Rubidite-level rewards on the daily on them, so... take that for whatever it's worth, I guess? :P

Hopefully someone with a more definitive answer can chime in! lol
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can safely take away the points in research when you're done with them. It does not affect drops at all.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • depravity_influence
    thank you both for answering. Free skill points oh hell yeah
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you both for answering. Free skill points oh hell yeah
    I'm done with woodworking and jewelry crafting, so happy about this too! Smithing and clothing will be a while though :/
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about the possible influence of research passives on hireling rewards?

I only have max research passive on my main and just 2 research slots on my alts for each craft. Seems like I usually get a lot more hireling items on my main, but just recently started to take notice.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about the possible influence of research passives on hireling rewards?

I only have max research passive on my main and just 2 research slots on my alts for each craft. Seems like I usually get a lot more hireling items on my main, but just recently started to take notice.

No effect.

They only reduce research time/slots. Once you're done researching you can recover those 3 skill points without losing anything!
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points