The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Regenerator 2021 MagDK

Waffennacht
Waffennacht
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/Z2MhirDOfqg

Dunmer
Steed Mundus
Orzaga's Smoked Bear Haunch
Vampire Stage 1

Attributes 39 Magicka 25 Health

Vateshran Destruction Staff, Inferno, Sharpened, Fire Glyph
Malacath's Band
Orgnum's Scales x3/x5 SnB, Sword (defending trait preferred) Shield Divines, Health Glyph
Alessian Order x5
Chokethorn x1 (Skoria if feelin froggy)

All Divines preferred (idea is to hit 15% movement speed from mundus)
x7 Heavy (6 heavy 1 light once undaunted mettle is done)

Jewelry, x2 healthy (swift once undaunted leveled) x1 infused; x3 tri regen glyphs (more health regen and stamina for blocking and posture)

Abilities

Destro: Elemental Drain, Unrelenting Grip, Burning Embers, Coagulation Blood, Molten Whip and Ferocious Leap
SnB: Introspection, Molten Armaments, Volatile Armor, Defensive Stance, Elusive Mister, and Spell Wall

When under 60% health, you hit over 5k health regen.
You can mist to LoS, then hit Introspection if needed. You can mist into block back into mist etc and Introspection after. Another combo is to hit Spell Wall then hit Introspection to reset everything back to full.

Hope everyone enjoys! Special thanks to the Xbox community and all the eso family. @Joy_Division @Beardimus @EtTuBrutus @Unfadingsilence @MurderMostFoul
Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
1300+ CP
Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, love your energy & thoughts on builds - it always gets me thinking! Like the little tweaks / choices you've made on stats to get it in the right place. 5K regen sub 60% in noCP has to feel immortal!

Grind that undaunted bro!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cameo!
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Dude, love your energy & thoughts on builds - it always gets me thinking! Like the little tweaks / choices you've made on stats to get it in the right place. 5K regen sub 60% in noCP has to feel immortal!

Grind that undaunted bro!

Man, if you don't have it on any characters, gotta grind undaunted for sure, but if you've got it once, it's worth it just to buy it from the crown store for your other characters.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on February 21, 2021 11:04AM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's the purpose of this build? Not trying to be rude or anything, [snip]

[Edited to remove Rude Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 21, 2021 4:22PM
    EU PC
  • Josira
    Josira
    ✭✭✭✭
    dear god I miss when glass cannon light armor builds where viable

Sorry I dont have anything to Add. this meta confuses,and makes me pissy. not your fault.
    Build looks good for this Meta. But I would be lying if I said I would enjoy playing against it. or that Im happy that such builds are possible.
    Really pvp has been dead for me since greymore. That expansion killed litterally every character build I had,considering I usually run glass cannon.

in any case though,wouldnt it be better to swap either orgums or alessian out for another proc? relying solely on Vatishan Destro seems somewhat unwise,and if you added Zaans,despite the useless 1set piece,it could make all the difference damage wise.
    Most peoples still wouldnt be able to kill you unless in a group,and coupled with good use of line of sighting+elusive mist form,you could still get the survivability you desire,but with additional damage with Zaan's and Vateshan Destro beams.

"BlooD FReNZy TicKS aLL thE BoXes of WhaT iT mEanS tO bE a VaMpiRe"
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »
    What's the purpose of this build? Not trying to be rude or anything, [snip]

This is an objective modes build, more or less the meta for objectives. Always was, always will be.
    Josira wrote: »

Sorry I dont have anything to Add. this meta confuses,and makes me pissy. not your fault.
    Build looks good for this Meta. But I would be lying if I said I would enjoy playing against it. or that Im happy that such builds are possible.
    Really pvp has been dead for me since greymore. That expansion killed litterally every character build I had,considering I usually run glass cannon.

This sort of build has been earning 500-0-0's in Objective modes since Battlegrounds came out. Imagine if you will this plus a 30 seconds Rapids that also removed all Snares and Immobilizations and granted Snare Immunity. Imagine this build plus 45 second Lingering Health Speed pots. I used to pick up the Chaosball and the match was over. Things can always be worse.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 21, 2021 4:23PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht , does Divines buff the Steed's movement speed now? I think it used to only buff the HP Regen, which we used to be able get close to 13k total in Divines. I say swap out the Divines for Well-fitted, personally, but I play StamDK.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's the purpose of this build? Not trying to be rude or anything, [snpi]

This is an objective modes build, more or less the meta for objectives. Always was, always will be.

This sort of build has been earning 500-0-0's in Objective modes since Battlegrounds came out. Imagine if you will this plus a 30 seconds Rapids that also removed all Snares and Immobilizations and granted Snare Immunity. Imagine this build plus 45 second Lingering Health Speed pots. I used to pick up the Chaosball and the match was over. Things can always be worse.

So it's just for carrying the chaosball, running with a relic or standing still on a capture point? [snip]

[Edited to remove Rude Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 21, 2021 4:24PM
    EU PC
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the purpose of this build? Not trying to be rude or anything, but it seems like you've built a target dummy.
    I guess the purpose is not to die due to unbreakable stuns...

Idk what is going on, is it an exploit, a bugged skill or poor server performance, but I have never seen anything like this before. Granted, I took a break from PvP and got back now for the testing, but I can not recall something like this happening in the past.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 21, 2021 2:28PM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind @Vildebill that Objective modes were a little more engaging when they were more infrequent. They used to be an interesting and competitive break from Death Match, and their competitiveness was also due to the stricter MMR we used to have.

Anyhow I suspect in this proc meta combined with a more open MMR that this sort of build actually is effective in Death Match, but that's a new development. During the DOT meta you didn't even survive long enough for a single tick of HP Regen, let alone an Orgnum's proc.

Anyhow Glass Cannon Mag builds are an indispensable accomplice for this sort of build. More than a few players have topped the Objective leaderboards in Glass Cannon Mag builds.

Edited by Urzigurumash on February 21, 2021 2:44PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht , does Divines buff the Steed's movement speed now? I think it used to only buff the HP Regen, which we used to be able get close to 13k total in Divines. I say swap out the Divines for Well-fitted, personally, but I play StamDK.

I think divines buffs steed speed. That's just off the top of my head though, I'm pretty sure it's been tested on the internet somewhere.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the purpose of this build? Not trying to be rude or anything, but it seems like you've built a target dummy.

So it's just for carrying the chaosball, running with a relic or standing still on a capture point? To each and their own I guess... :neutral:

I feel your pain, but I can't fault anyone for creating builds that excel in objective modes when deathmatch occurs in (what feels like) about 10% of matches.

Tanky, attrition builds like this simply are better at objective modes than their high damage, lower mitigation counterparts. However, they are not as good at deathmatch. If deathmatch could somehow occur more frequently, the meta would certainly shift back toward more damage and less tankiness. I see increasing the frequency of deathmatch as the best way to bring balance to the battlegrounds meta. Lower damage tanks would have to sacrifice more knowing that their builds would be less effective in a higher number of matches.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patrick Scott lives! I don't know his @ name or I'd tag him as he was running this sort of build back in 1.3.

Some people might give you crap for running this sort of build, but let them wallow in their 3rd place finishes. When you're in the highest MMO bracket and fighting good players who are also min-maxing on better classes, it's not your responsibility to just ignore 50% of the sets and play an already meh class to its weaknesses rather than its strengths. If your damage is pushing or over 1 million, people are basically just asking you to roll over with crap builds.

I haven't seriously played DK in like 3 years, but I think Fossilize is too good of a skill to somehow not be on your bar. It's a no miss with a double CC (stun + immobilize) is especially taxing on no CP (low health players may opt to dodge if on a different bar than their mobility skill). I dunno what I'd drop. I do know this highlights an area of class balance disparity: molten armaments has basically forever been an inefficient solo skill (excepting niche heavy attack builds), meanwhile Warden can pop their major damage buff that auto cleanses and returns resources, and people are going to complain when DKs feel compelled to run meta builds to compete? There also isn't any room for Engulfing Flames; there are reasons I havent run a DK in forever.

The one part of your build I'd change is I don't like Divines on anything that's not a NB bomber. With every competent player running Malacath in no CP, Impen is almost pointless, but I do like Sturdy when playing tankier specs and Well fitted when playing mobile specs. It doesn't look like you do that much blocking r dodging in these clips though so maybe you're getting value from Divines.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do know this highlights an area of class balance disparity: molten armaments has basically forever been an inefficient solo skill (excepting niche heavy attack builds).

Well @Joy_Division, this is all very tangential, but if you remember our conversation a few days ago regarding the essence of playing a Heavy Armor StamDK DD, Molten Armaments is what brings it all together thematically: it synergizes with the Heavy Armor Revitalize passive, synergizes with 2h's Follow Up, gives you both Brutalities and the Earthern Heart Stam + Ult, allowing you to drop Fragmented and slot Green Dragon Blood, which altogether is a more efficient way to get DPS and HPS out of 2 slots than Rally and Fragmented - if you're in 5 heavy. Not if you're in 5 medium. It's the other way to play StamDK, it has strong class identity and it's worked well enough since 2015 - in 5 heavy.

This is why I'm against calls to add a negative damage done to Heavy, because it is called Dragonknight.

• ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Patrick Scott lives! I don't know his @ name or I'd tag him as he was running this sort of build back in 1.3.

He called it Regenerator. It was a neat build back then, but it lacked all the synergy you have today. For example health regen and vampire were incompatible, now you can do stage 1.
    Edited by katorga on February 21, 2021 4:33PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd, I had read all the posts when I woke up before bed and i didnt find anything to be a rule violation *shrug*

Anyway I can finally respond!

@Beardimus Ty very much. It wad 3:30 Am. Here - had to pass out lol

@Vildebill the point of the build is quite literally its a Mag DK build that doesnt make me wanna destroy my controller. I have tried Draugrkin builds, Zaan stuff, wraith of elements, Pale Order, Grothdar, chokethorn, overwhelming, Acquity, Icy, Considered Blossom; thats just what I can think of ATM.

My playstyle is defensive; ive always preferred a longer battle where I try to capitalize on mistakes or group compositions.

Grip is to pull defensively weak builds to the front (where they hate to be) pull DDs away from cover. Tanks away from NBs.

Also love pulling opponents away from an ally thats capturing something.

Remember, Youre probably not alone - an ally can finish of a stalemated enemy.

Then theres just squishy targets.

I dont try to outplay/out build everyone; just enough of the player base.

@Joy_Division that's his name! So glad you remembered!!! I thought about running fozzilize - but i felt like id be giving away too much free immunity cuz I wouldnt capitalize on it as much. I go with grip to imposition people lol definitely a thought though.

According to tooltip divines does up the speed of steed for those curious

Love the comments all; at break so gotta go
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    Annnnd this will kill absolutely no one
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annnnd this will kill absolutely no one

@irstarkey57 id just recommend watching the gameplay footage. I kill 3 players in IC and im that particular BG match I go 9-0

Can I kill everything? Absolutely not; can I kill some players? Yeap; and thats all you need
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried some of your builds (particularly the Sorc one from a few patches ago), and while they ultimately don't fit my playstyle as I like to play offensive, I could really notice the difference those builds make in objective-based BGs. Especially flag games were quite comfy even at high MMR. Good going!
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50