The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Which sets will become less performant according to the latest patches?

fiender66
fiender66
✭✭✭✭
Where can I find a list of the sets nerfed in the latest patch(es)?
I know about the crit lowering (MS, medusa, etc), but I see that also mag magicka has been lowered, e.g. in Cyrodiil Light and Julianos. I surmise that in a few weeks we will see this applied to live, not only to PTS, so the information looks relevant to me.

Thank you

The lack of answers make me think that title and question were poorly presented. So I reworked the title and, please, consider my question as follows:

I'm aware that there is some unanimity that the "maxing" sets will suffer the most (e.g. alfiq for magicka and MS/medusa for spell crit), but I'd like to know if anyone has further elaborated about this matter. Again: which sets will likely become less performant, when the PTS patches reach live?

Thanks again
Edited by fiender66 on February 21, 2021 10:02PM
  • TheForFeeF
    TheForFeeF
    ✭✭✭
    The main problem there are still at least 2 weeks of testing on the PTS where anything can change.

So, until the patch is on live, we won't know the exact changes to sets.

Though, from what I have seen, Mother's Sorrow is still be widely used. However, some people are starting to say Medusa is better now.

Odds are, set meta will likely stay the same. The main change will most likely be to the weight of gear you're equipping (e.g. some builds run 5 light / 1 med/ 1 heavy - will likely change to 7 light).
    Edited by TheForFeeF on February 22, 2021 9:14AM
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    [quote="...
    Odds are, set meta will likely stay the same. The main change will most likely be to the weight of gear you're equipping (e.g. some builds run 5 light / 1 med/ 1 heavy - will likely change to 7 light).[/quote]

For the benefits of light armour? But is not this counterbalanced by the detractions? AFAIK only middle has no such problem.

My guess is that the lowering of the % values, even if may not stay the same as the present ones, are bound to remain as a game feature, so some attempt to evaluate the changes for the most common sets is not unreasonable.

I made a small scale experiment replicating (as far as the new CP allow) a magsorc build I use for farming, questing, daylies (spinner + mad tink + ice, divines and thief), and running thorough some group delves and soloing basic dungeons. My impression is that there is a slight loss in dps (crit and dam are lower, ofc), but a better sustain (why?) compared to the actual live build. I did not try any parsing nor am going to do it
  • TheForFeeF
    TheForFeeF
    ✭✭✭
    fiender66 wrote: »

For the benefits of light armour? But is not this counterbalanced by the detractions? AFAIK only middle has no such problem.

My guess is that the lowering of the % values, even if may not stay the same as the present ones, are bound to remain as a game feature, so some attempt to evaluate the changes for the most common sets is not unreasonable.

I made a small scale experiment replicating (as far as the new CP allow) a magsorc build I use for farming, questing, daylies (spinner + mad tink + ice, divines and thief), and running thorough some group delves and soloing basic dungeons. My impression is that there is a slight loss in dps (crit and dam are lower, ofc), but a better sustain (why?) compared to the actual live build. I did not try any parsing nor am going to do it

I don't fully understand why as I haven't looked hard into it, it is just what I've seen a lot of people saying. And the people I've been told by are people I would fully trust their in-game opinion on. Also, Alcast with is magika grind build was running all light. Grind builds are usually catered towards better survivability.

A lot is still due to change. Depending on what is put in the live build, I'd probably still want to run 1H/1M/5L as a MagCro due to the Undaunted passive. It depends how bad the negative effects end up being.

Again, there are 2 weeks left before it goes to live (8th March is the date they have given)... anything can happen. So, a lot of what I have been saying could not be relative at all.

I do apologise, I was meant to put this in the previous post, but completely forgot! In terms of what is currently being changed, the PTS patch notes are always put in the PTS section of the forums here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/categories/pts
    Edited by TheForFeeF on February 22, 2021 11:38AM