Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Twitch channels that say Drops are not always real drops

newtinmpls
newtinmpls
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I don't think this is an ESO bug per se...but wondering if anyone has any advice

I've had quite a few times where I'm on Twitch, with a linked account and the stream will say drops, and it's been 2 or more days since I got any drops (so if there was a timer, it ought to have run out), and nothing.

Is there a way to tell if the stream really has drops on, or if ... the notation is inaccurate (trying to be polite about it).
Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a new way drops are given. If drops are on, you can click on your profile icon and see a drop meter. When the meter hits 100%, click on it and it should take you to a claim window.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I don't think this is an ESO bug per se...but wondering if anyone has any advice

I've had quite a few times where I'm on Twitch, with a linked account and the stream will say drops, and it's been 2 or more days since I got any drops (so if there was a timer, it ought to have run out), and nothing.

Is there a way to tell if the stream really has drops on, or if ... the notation is inaccurate (trying to be polite about it).

Have you looked at the drop calendar here?
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/streamers
    I think if the calendar is empty, you'll get nothing, even if the channel pictures above have a drops sign?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So if I'm reading this right...there are no drops scheduled at all. Even flipping forward many days....nothing
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    There is a new way drops are given. If drops are on, you can click on your profile icon and see a drop meter. When the meter hits 100%, click on it and it should take you to a claim window.

In the past, I would look for streams that said "drops enabled", and then when I started watching I would see the "drop bar" start to fill.

Recently...nothing.

So apparently listing things like that in the description is no longer accurate.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Typically you get a streamer crate that has trash in it but that trash is worth gems
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Typically you get a streamer crate that has trash in it but that trash is worth gems

IF you get a drop.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So if I'm reading this right...there are no drops scheduled at all. Even flipping forward many days....nothing

Because they don't schedule drops "many days forward", unless it's something big like chapter reveal. I'd guess nearest ones would be around the next weekend (because Tribunal celebration and DLC release).
    Narvuntien wrote: »

IF you get a drop.

"When". Thankfully, now drops are guaranteed when they are on.
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Click on your twitch icon and go to "drops". There you can see the drops you have already received. When drops are enabled, you see them as greyed out --> click on that and it leads you to the channels.
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before the change I would get multiple drops per day if you kept watching streams. Now I only get one per day, no more. I actually enjoyed watching streams especially knowing that i would get drops. Now, I watch my 15 minutes or so to get my drop and leave. Thanks Zos for ruining yet another perk. And before you say it's not Zos, yes it is! They control the drop rates.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Had set up new way (& tested it worked) before last big Zos livestream Twitch event, and although I watched all 21/2 hours but did not get all the crates I should have, as the Twitch timer either got stuck or never reset.

Complained to Twitch, as this is their system that now does not work, not Zos. But they did absolutely nothing, not even acknowledging the complaint but sending a standard email saying nothing helpful.

I would suggest contacting Twitch about their new system, as really don’t think it works properly, but doubt that they will do anything as they just don’t care.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rehdaun wrote: »
    Before the change I would get multiple drops per day if you kept watching streams. Now I only get one per day, no more. I actually enjoyed watching streams especially knowing that i would get drops. Now, I watch my 15 minutes or so to get my drop and leave. Thanks Zos for ruining yet another perk. And before you say it's not Zos, yes it is! They control the drop rates.

You might be the only one that had that happen and I suspect it's a bug you experienced in the past. Every single person I ever spoke to about drops would receive maximum 1 per day unless there was a special ZOS stream that might break that rule. For standard ESO streams by players, it has always been 1 per day max.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »

"On" according to who?

Used to be I could look for streams that said "drops on" and there would be drops, and I could see my "drops" bar start to fill.

Now, even 2, 3, 4, 5 days out, when I should be okay to get another one, I go to multiple streams that claim to have drops enabled and sit there for half an hour...and nothing.

So my question is what actually tells me that drops are "on" since the streams that claim to have them on are simply not able to back up their claim.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"On" according to who?

Used to be I could look for streams that said "drops on" and there would be drops, and I could see my "drops" bar start to fill.

Now, even 2, 3, 4, 5 days out, when I should be okay to get another one, I go to multiple streams that claim to have drops enabled and sit there for half an hour...and nothing.

So my question is what actually tells me that drops are "on" since the streams that claim to have them on are simply not able to back up their claim.

If a streamer simply says in the description "drops on" that doesn't make it happen. They may have an old stream description or are just intentionally lying to get extra views. You need to see the automatic drops note under the stream for it to actually count. Anyone can just say they have drops on to bait you into watching. That doesn't make it true. As far as I know, drops are not even a regular or semi regular thing. We get them for special events on weekends from time to time. You could easily go 2 - 5 weeks without having drops enabled at all so you'd have a zero percent chance of receiving a drop during those times.
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've watched some streamers for a long time, checked the app regularly for new crates to claim, and have never gotten more than 1 crate per day. Its not worth the bother and is more of a demotivator now.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need to see the automatic drops note under the stream for it to actually count. .

Thank you this is exactly what I was looking for.

Now what does that look like? What should I be looking for?
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know which platform you're watching Twitch on, but on the iPad it shows streams grouped under different headings-- "Live channels," "Recommended channels," "Continue watching," and "Offline channels."

The ones under "Continue watching" might say "Drops enabled" if they had drops enabled when you were last watching them, but if you continue watching them they won't be live, the drops campaign might be over, and continuing to watch the recorded stream won't qualify you for a drop.

Also on the iPad, if you select the icon for your account, select "Drops" on the popup window, then select "All Campaigns," it shows you all active or "open" drops campaigns, for all games that use the new drops system, even games you don't follow. This is a handy way to check whether there's an active drops campaign for ESO without having to close or minimize Twitch, open a browser, and navigate to the appropriate page on the ESO website.

I just checked the Windows version of Twitch, and it has the same option. I don't know about other versions of Twitch, but they probably have that option as well.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭

"On" according to who?

Streamers can edit their stream title the way they want. So I’m assuming some streamers will state that drops are on, when in fact there is no campaign active, so they’re basically lying....probably to lure people to watch their stream since many will watch specifically because it says drops are on 🤷‍♂️
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grega wrote: »

"On" according to who?

Streamers can edit their stream title the way they want. So I’m assuming some streamers will state that drops are on, when in fact there is no campaign active, so they’re basically lying....probably to lure people to watch their stream since many will watch specifically because it says drops are on 🤷‍♂️

That's sort of my impression, too, and there was even a channel that advertised 24/7 drops in their description. The channel itself was supposed to be 24/7 because it consisted of different gamers playing several different games. I think one of the gamers playing ESO was asked how they could advertise 24/7 drops and he gave an explanation, but I didn't catch all of it. If I understood what he said, it was along the lines that the "drops" weren't necessarily for "official drops" like the free ESO Crown Crates. Usually streamers who give away other rewards will advertise them using other terms, like "loot" or "giveaways," so it did sort of strike me that they were advertising "24/7 drops" as a way to sucker people into watching their channel.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I watch and play on PC.
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I on the iPad, if you select the icon for your account, select "Drops" on the popup window, then select "All Campaigns," it shows you all active or "open" drops campaigns, for all games that use the new drops system, even games you don't follow.

Sounds like that should work ... in theory, as iPad and PC should be using the same system

Let me mess around with it for a bit
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well one more "inaccurate stream description" last night, no actual drops found.

I'll keep looking.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, wanted to clear up a few questions in this thread since Drops have changed a bit since the new system rolled out last month. There are a few ways to know when Drops are on:
    • Keep an eye on the Drops schedule on our website for upcoming scheduled Drops campaigns
    • Watch the Drops page on Twitch to see when Drops campaigns are currently active
    • When Drops are active, you'll see a tag on a streamer's page that looks like this: lsaql2qg0r8e.jpg
      Don't rely on stream titles since, as someone mentioned, a streamer can put anything they want there!
    • You'll also see a pop up in chat when Drops are active

With the new system, you're guaranteed a Drop whenever Drops are active as long as you meet the minimum required watch time, which is defined on your Twitch Drops Inventory page, the Twitch Drops campaign page, and our Drops schedule on the website.

Hope this helps, but let us know if you have further questions!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh bless you @ZOS_GinaBruno !!

That makes things really clear. And to be fair, my favorite streamers don't often have drops, in both cases I watch them for humor fun and cool headgear. One has an awesome pseudo-bardic hat with a ridiculously cool feather, and the other has a very eye-catching bright curly wig.

I also spend way too much time with anyone who has an active puppy (Or other critter) cam.
  • GaianSpirit
    GaianSpirit
    ✭✭✭
    During the event all eso streams are supposed to be giving drops and they dont, not even streamers on the carious teams. But another problem is that it says on Twitch you have gotten 3 crates but in game you only get 1, what is that about?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    During the event all eso streams are supposed to be giving drops and they dont, not even streamers on the carious teams. But another problem is that it says on Twitch you have gotten 3 crates but in game you only get 1, what is that about?

That doesn't sound right. I rarely get crates, but so far the "you have gotten a crate" has always been accurate ... so far
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why was it advertised that the drops were happening throughout the event?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Twitch changed how drops work it has been horribly buggy! During the reveal stream where we were supposed to get a crate every 15 minutes, I only got one (at least I also got the pet!) and during the last drops-enabled Bethesda stream I watched, I didn’t get any at all and many people were posting in chat that encountering various problems. So I contacted Twitch support. Useless. I don’t think anyone even read my message but just auto-sent a copy-paste of FAQs. Just insultingly bad. No wonder it may be the first time I haven’t received a how-did-we-do survey after contacting a company’s support. :unamused:
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since Twitch changed how drops work it has been horribly buggy!

So glad I'm not the only one