The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I refuse to tank

Deeldo
Deeldo
✭✭
I'm sorry but, after hitting Rank 1 and founding out that dungeons are not only insanely hard, but for being stubborn and actually clearing the bosses, you get RANK 5 rewards?!

That's bull, It's like Zenimax intentionally trying to kill dungeons for players until they get Rank 10.

Therefore, I will not be one of the tanks you will see before rank 10. If I ever get there, considering that quest grind in this game seems never ending.
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    Good for you.
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
  • KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭
    I personally enjoy the challenges that VR dungeons have to offer. They challenge your ability as a tank to support your group and protect them. Does that always work? No, but that's the point of challenges... I mean sure I can come out of a dungeon with a hefty repair bill and a bad taste in my mouth, but at the end of they day... I get better at my roll. I put the vr5 stuff in my bank after a run and go back to quest grind. :)

Its a lot of fun to do them with people that understand there class/role.
    Daggerfall Covenant - Dunmer - Dragon Knight

• Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is not short on tanks due to swapping.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Deeldo
    Deeldo
    ✭✭
    I personally enjoy the challenges that VR dungeons have to offer. They challenge your ability as a tank to support your group and protect them. Does that always work? No, but that's the point of challenges... I mean sure I can come out of a dungeon with a hefty repair bill and a bad taste in my mouth, but at the end of they day... I get better at my roll. I put the vr5 stuff in my bank after a run and go back to quest grind. :)

Its a lot of fun to do them with people that understand there class/role.

What's the point of the challenge if there's no reward to it?
    I'm not a sadomasochist.
    This game is not short on tanks due to swapping.

Ya think? So why is everyone always screaming after tanks? And why do I always get insta full group when I queue as a tank, while I am only paried with one single dps when I queue with my damage dealer?
  • KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭
    @Deeldo‌
    That VR XP tho.

because people are virtual cowards for no reason is my guess.
    Daggerfall Covenant - Dunmer - Dragon Knight

• Fersaken
    Fersaken
    ✭✭
    Can I have your tanking stuff
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how hard the bosses are, but the trash just seems too hard. Even if your group completely sucks you can kill 1 mob at least every respawn, so why even bother having it difficult? It just wastes time if even crap groups can get past it. I say if trash is going to be hard then have it respawn after you wipe, so you have to kill the whole group in one attempt. Kinda like how the first boss in banished cells is where the fire atronachs respawn if you dont completely kill the boss.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • TheRedMage
    TheRedMage
    ✭✭✭
    @Deeldo‌
    That VR XP tho.

because people are virtual cowards for no reason is my guess.

As a veteran MMO tank, i'll say that they take a TON of blame/harassment/general hate for things that aren't their fault. Its not worth the hassle if someone going to harass me when they screw up.

And if in some case you (the tank) do have a mishap (such as misclicking) the verbal *VENOM* is far worse than any way you could screw up.

People expect tanks to be pro and know everything, yet they don't want to let tanks learn.

Edited by TheRedMage on April 24, 2014 7:57AM
    Please try not to think I'm hostile, I'm not trying to be. I just have a hard time wording things with tact >_<.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well OP , that is your choice , you are not forced to tank , just let others do it.

I have been tanking in make MMOs , this game seems to once again offer a new way to do this , im interested in doing it.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Crimsonraziel
    Have a look here
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion - tanks are not required for any current content and slow you down
    It's basically about VR dungeons being too easy and tanks being obsolete.

So, who is right? ;)
  • Aenra
    Aenra
    ✭✭✭✭
    the most vocal minority is who is right.
    Pride, honour and purity
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a look here
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion - tanks are not required for any current content and slow you down
    It's basically about VR dungeons being too easy and tanks being obsolete.

So, who is right? ;)

Here is the tricky part. This is a post before the first round of nerfs/balance.

If the devs want the dungeons to require a tank , then the dungeons WILL require a tank eventually , even if not right now.

The search tool clearly shows a tank job , so im guessing we will see this job being required eventually.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheRedMage wrote: »
    As a veteran MMO tank, i'll say that they take a TON of blame/harassment/general hate for things that aren't their fault. Its not worth the hassle if someone going to harass me when they screw up.

And if in some case you (the tank) do have a mishap (such as misclicking) the verbal *VENOM* is far worse than any way you could screw up.

People expect tanks to be pro and know everything, yet they don't want to let tanks learn.

Years raiding in WoW as a healer taught me one rule to ensure dungeon enjoyment. That is, if you do not like dealing with that 10% of jerks.

DON'T PUG (Pick Up Group). There are always those people will stand in bad and then rage at the healer. Go afk in the middle of a fight. Pull the entire room just to get you killed. In general, be ***.

Some people don't mind, but over time it got old for me. I will not be pugging VR dungeons.

Join a Guild or or form a friends list of patient people you trust to try and die with grace and style.

Then you will have fun.