The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Oblivion Damage?

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
What exactly is Oblivion Damage?
My understanding is you cannot shield from it - you are going to get hit for the damage stated.

Is that correct?

Where do you get Oblivion Weapons? Can you craft them?

Tanks!

Z
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion damage ignore all resistances, it's therefore not that easy to come by and have over time been nerfed. It's possible to make a niche build around it but I mostly don't see much use for it.

These sets provides some form of oblivion damage:

Knight Slayer set
    Sload's Semblance set

There's also a glyph:

Glyph of Decrease Health
    Edited by Jackey on February 6, 2021 11:47PM
    PS | EU
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jackey wrote: »
    Oblivion damage ignore all resistances, it's therefore not that easy to come by and have over time been nerfed. It's possible to make a niche build around it but I mostly don't see much use for it.

These sets provides some form of oblivion damage:

Knight Slayer set
    Sload's Semblance set

There's also a glyph:

Glyph of Decrease Health

Nice!

I sold a bunch of Oblivion damaging weapons not thinking much of it....
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    do any creatures drop Oblivion Damage weapons?

running around cold harbor killing things - get me anything?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    do any creatures drop Oblivion Damage weapons?

running around cold harbor killing things - get me anything?

I think the only oblivion causing weapons are the choice weapon you get at the end of the Fighter's Guild quest line?

You can always enchant the weapons to have that glyph though from any items that drop.

Sload's Embrace also causes Oblivion damage as a crafted set.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fighters guild quests! Really?

I am looking to find a two handed weapon to run with Oblivion damage in some cases.

Saw Sload's....it is pretty nice...off to craft!

Btw, have you tried Sload's Semblance set - thoughts?

Tanks for chiming in!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Fighters Guild quest gives you a weapon with prismatic damage (bonus against daedra and undead), not oblivion damage.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fighters Guild quest gives you a weapon with prismatic damage (bonus against daedra and undead), not oblivion damage.

Ah, thanks for the correction. I guess I was mistaken :neutral: Been a while since I've done the FG main quest.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭

So are there any Oblivion Damage Weapons that drop?

Tanks!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So are there any Oblivion Damage Weapons that drop?

Tanks!

They must drop somewhere, because I know I have gotten one or two of them. It’s super rare, though.

Easier to make a glyph and just enchant whatever item you want with it. As someone else said, this enchant got nerfed and isn’t quite as good as it sounds so no one really uses it much, as far as I know.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    must be random drops...

is there an Oblivion damage glyph?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe it is the Decrease Health weapon glyph, it says it has “unresistible damage” now for some reason on the Fextralife page, lol!

C’mon now, don’t even try to avoid the damage, it’s just too irresistible to deny!!!

EDIT: aw I got it wrong because this site signed me out and I had to sign back in after looking it up. Irresistible was so much funnier...
    Edited by katanagirl1 on February 15, 2021 5:19AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the prophet items are oblivion damage, otherwise just use the glyph. It's not much use on most things but as a spare weapon for dealing with certain pvp builds that run insane shields and low health it can be handy.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe it is the Decrease Health weapon glyph, it says it has “unresistible damage” now for some reason on the Fextralife page, lol!

C’mon now, don’t even try to avoid the damage, it’s just too irresistible to deny!!!

EDIT: aw I got it wrong because this site signed me out and I had to sign back in after looking it up. Irresistible was so much funnier...

HAHAHA!!!
    Yeah I totally prefer 'irresistible damage'...it is like you want to get struck...
    "stopping hitting yourself"
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of the prophet items are oblivion damage, otherwise just use the glyph. It's not much use on most things but as a spare weapon for dealing with certain pvp builds that run insane shields and low health it can be handy.

Hiya! Prophet items? What are those?

Yes, PvP is insane. Oblivion Damage will ignore a health shield?
    I've see the insane shields....but also felt the insane dps....

I deal neither...just call Squishy McSquishyPoo
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hiya! Prophet items? What are those?

Yes, PvP is insane. Oblivion Damage will ignore a health shield?
    I've see the insane shields....but also felt the insane dps....

I deal neither...just call Squishy McSquishyPoo

Prophet items are level up rewards... so it'll all be low level gear.