Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

ESO+ but I have 12000 Crowns

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

I have already purchased all the DLCs, and have 12000 Crowns....any point getting ESO+?

Z
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crafting bag.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's some other benefits to ESO, besides access to DLC and monthly crowns. The full list from the store is:
    • Full access to all DLC game packs available in the Crown Store
    • Unlimited storage for crafting materials.
    • 1650 crowns per month to spend on the in-game store (Paid Members Only).
    • Double Bank space for your account.
    • 10% increase to Experience & Gold acquisition, Crafting Inspiration, and Trait Research rates.
    • Double Furnishings and Collectibles space in player housing.
    • Exclusive ability to dye costumes.
    • Double currency cap for Transmutation Crystals.
    • Exclusive access to unique Crown Store deals.

So it's a matter of deciding if any of those benefits are worth the cost for you.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing though. I usually don't subscribe but I've occasionally bought 1 month of ESO+ so I could get the discounts on the crown store or to dye costumes, then I cancel it and don't renew again until I want it for something else.
    Edited by Danikat on January 20, 2021 4:08PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    There's some other benefits to ESO, besides access to DLC and monthly crowns. The full list from the store is:
    • 10% increase to Experience & Gold acquisition, Crafting Inspiration, and Trait Research rates.

So it's a matter of deciding if any of those benefits are worth the cost for you.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing though. I usually don't subscribe but I've occasionally bought 1 month of ESO+ so I could get the discounts on the crown store or to dye costumes, then I cancel it and don't renew again until I want it for something else.

So I can subscribe monthly?
    The crafting bag sounds super handy as I like that stuff!
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you can do month to month if you want.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    Danikat wrote: »

So I can subscribe monthly?
    The crafting bag sounds super handy as I like that stuff!

There's no problem with doing monthly, but it will be more expensive in the long run if you just buy a few months worth of month-to-month versus a longer sub (a one-month sub is $14.99, while a year sub comes out to $11.67 per month). If you only want to get a month every so often and then do what you need, it's fine. But if you want to go month-to-month for a few months in a row, it's more cost effective to but a longer subscription.

I know when I started, I just planned to do a month trial and then maybe join again later when I got what I needed. I ended up really liking access to the DLC zones and extra storage, so I just started going for long subscriptions outright.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're expecting to want the subscription for more than a month then it's better to buy a longer period in one go, because it works out cheaper. But you do have the option to buy just one month, either to try it out or because that's all you think you'll need.

I do it that way because for me it's very erratic. For example I bought 1 month in April 2018, then 3 months in March 2019 (mainly for the crowns) and 1 month in December 2019, and nothing since then. So that's 5 months in total over the last 3 years. I haven't wanted ESO+ in between those times so it would be a waste of money for me to buy longer subscriptions or keep renewing it.

By the way the store won't present it as buying just one month, it's still classed as setting up a reoccurring payment and just choosing how frequently it renews (and therefore how much you pay each time). You just have to set it up as a monthly payment, check the first one has gone through and then cancel the renewals. There's no penalty for doing that - you still keep all the time you paid for and won't be charged anything extra, even if you cancel it as soon as it activates.

PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• SOLDIER_1stClass
    SOLDIER_1stClass
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have found the benefits are not for me. The crafting bag isn't essential and buying crowns and dlc isn't an issue for me.

Now I'd subscribe all day if they added an everything crown store for subscribers. That way you could purchase items you actually want instead of current items only.
    Edited by SOLDIER_1stClass on January 26, 2021 8:01PM
  • Misty
    Misty
    ✭✭✭
    I became a ESO+ member and what I don't understand is even though your suppose to receive access to all of the DLC, you can still buy DLC in the crown store. So does all DLC mean a few DLC?
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Misty wrote: »
    I became a ESO+ member and what I don't understand is even though your suppose to receive access to all of the DLC, you can still buy DLC in the crown store. So does all DLC mean a few DLC?

The option to buy DLCs still shows up, which can be confusing, but there's no reason to buy them if you already have access.
  • Misty
    Misty
    ✭✭✭
    LannStone wrote: »
    Misty wrote: »

The option to buy DLCs still shows up, which can be confusing, but there's no reason to buy them if you already have access.

Oh I'm happy with my lot. It's as you say confusing as to what you have access to and what you don't. Like now, I don't know if I need to buy the Greymoor DLC or not.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get access to all DLC as part of ESO+ but you still have the option to buy it in case you want access after your subscription ends. It would be really annoying to have to save the crowns and wait for your subscription to end before you could buy it.

(The most recent chapter is an exception, that's not included in ESO+. But when a new chapter comes out it's downgraded to DLC and is included. So when Blackwood comes out Greymoor will become part of ESO+ but Blackwood won't be until a year later when the next chapter is released.)

• Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since I bought the DLCs already and bought crown on sale, not sure it worth it just for the craft bag.

Also, I don't want to progress necessarily faster. Rather just play the game and enjoy it.

If ESO+ gave me access to different weapon/armor sets or a better chance of staying live during pvp (so squishy), I might.
  • Absolutgrndzer0
    Absolutgrndzer0
    Soul Shriven
    A lot of players, myself included, will tell you that the crafting bag alone is worth the $15 a month. Seriously, I am a big crafter and so having an unlimited account wide bag where all my characters can access, I don't have to bank it or such and fill up my bank or crafting character's inventories... Glorious. Plus since items automatically go into the craft bag (you can manually take them out to your inventory if you want to trade or sell them to another player) you can gather materials whenever you see them even if you aren't on your crafting character and then just move on with the game, knowing the materials you just gathered will be there when you need them, no fuss, no hassle of banking them later or such. Also when deconstructing items for materials, no "Your inventory is full you need X more inventory slots" errors because it knows you have the crafting bag.
    Edited by Absolutgrndzer0 on February 3, 2021 4:53PM
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of players, myself included, will tell you that the crafting bag alone is worth the $15 a month. Seriously, I am a big crafter and so having an unlimited account wide bag where all my characters can access, I don't have to bank it or such and fill up my bank or crafting character's inventories... Glorious. Plus since items automatically go into the craft bag (you can manually take them out to your inventory if you want to trade or sell them to another player) you can gather materials whenever you see them even if you aren't on your crafting character and then just move on with the game, knowing the materials you just gathered will be there when you need them, no fuss, no hassle of banking them later or such. Also when deconstructing items for materials, no "Your inventory is full you need X more inventory slots" errors because it knows you have the crafting bag.

I will likely blow my crowns first, then reconsider.

You are right about the crafting bag - totally worth it. It is unbelievable how much stuff I toss, only to need it a few days later and guilds charge hoarding fees! Have you seen the price of garlic????
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me the crafting bag is worth the monthly sub...I play every day for at least a couple of hours so I sub by the year and have since November 2017. I played in closed beta, then left for a while and came back in 2017 and have played daily every since.

YMMV,, but that crafting bag and doubled storage is HUGE for many players, the crowns are nice too, though I typically spend a couple of hundred bucks when crowns go on sale.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all!

Tanks!

I became an ESO member....the craft bag and I love this game!

Really appreciate the feedback!