The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fun with Bots

Evaflys
Evaflys
✭✭
Hello everyone! So, we all know the craziness of bots in our public dungeons. Well, a guildie and I decided to try to do something about it.

First, I got on my DK alt and tried to fiery grip the boss into a corner. It worked somewhat (on the right):
RDDvHZr.png

But they managed to still jump back into position. But then, I had an epiphany! I took one archer mob and got it to use volley on the bots:
FUDKgmU.png?1

However, they weren't dying as I had hoped. So, a guildie of mine got another archer from the other side to hit the bots:
0eRtQpv.png

With two archers using volley on both sides, they started to drop like flies! Though, when they did die, they either teleported back or used soul gems to rez themselves automatically:
A9zdhzN.png

Eventually, more bots entered and killed the mobs before getting into position again to bot on the boss. I do hope this isn't ban-worthy but at least a guildie and I tried to stop them bots!
~All DC Characters~

Nord Traitor - For the Covenant!
Esa Wolfsbane - VR16 Nord Templar
-
Elsanna Spell-Singer - VR16 Breton Sorceror
Cornelia Scipionis Alexia - VR 3 Imperial Dragonknight
  • AbraCadabra
    AbraCadabra
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you reported them as well. I know this is an old and worn out statement by now but, I really, really am tired of bots at every single public dungeon boss. Last night at Wisp Mother in The Rift, there were about 6-7 bots there. Some still in the Prison gear, some more geared. It's just very old now at this point.
  • Evaflys
    Evaflys
    ✭✭
    I began to report them but as there were so many of them, it was hard to even see some of their names (not to mention, was also trying to figure out ways to "hinder" them). They even kept on coming! Guildie who was there before I said there were 7 before it grew to such a huge size. It was quite disheartening actually seeing this many bots.

Guildie and I also noticed that it is starting to take longer for the boss to spawn. However, it might be due to how many bots are in the area which might be affecting its spawn rate.

Edit: It now seems they are getting smarter. Guildie of mine this morning says they are now camping the two archer spawn points. Shucks lol :D
    Edited by Evaflys on April 23, 2014 4:48PM
    ~All DC Characters~

Nord Traitor - For the Covenant!
    Esa Wolfsbane - VR16 Nord Templar
    -
    Elsanna Spell-Singer - VR16 Breton Sorceror
    Cornelia Scipionis Alexia - VR 3 Imperial Dragonknight
  • TheRedMage
    TheRedMage
    ✭✭✭
    Evaflys wrote: »
    I began to report them but as there were so many of them, it was hard to even see some of their names (not to mention, was also trying to figure out ways to "hinder" them). They even kept on coming! Guildie who was there before I said there were 7 before it grew to such a huge size. It was quite disheartening actually seeing this many bots.

Guildie and I also noticed that it is starting to take longer for the boss to spawn. However, it might be due to how many bots are in the area which might be affecting its spawn rate.

Edit: It now seems they are getting smarter. Guildie of mine this morning says they are now camping the two archer spawn points. Shucks lol :D

Honestly I don't even bother with the individual names anymore and just put that theres a MASS of bots that need the banhammer in X dungeon. Screenie included of course.

Please try not to think I'm hostile, I'm not trying to be. I just have a hard time wording things with tact >_<.