The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Seize Loot & Glory during the Midyear Mayhem PvP Event!"

• ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    I wish the PvP zones had a way of turning off other players from attacking you. The sewers would be a cool place to farm XP and stuff but other players ruin it.
    For the Empire
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober

This has been an ongoing complaint with ESO events that require looting bosses, and the Midyear Mayhem event is clearly no different. As such, I wish to speak up again for all those players who prefer "support" classes - healers and tanks - in saying that the "only the top 12 contributing DPS to a boss fight can loot the boss" is highly inequitable. It results in situations where only DPS players, and notably HIGH DPS performing players, can have even a chance at receiving event loot that already is demonstrated to have a low drop rate. Items like the Ebonsteel and Second Legion style pages require hunting down and killing bosses in Imperial City Districts and Sewers.

These are bosses that have been designed to be killed by groups of players, not single players. During any individual boss kill, it is possible for none of the pages to drop, and the most I've personally seen drop have been four - in that instance, only one of them was an Ebonsteel page, and the others were the older Second Legion page. However, since well over twenty players were attacking the boss, the tanks and healers in the group had little to no chance at even getting to loot the boss, much less having a chance at one of the special event rewards.

As this is a PvPvE zone, the healers and tanks - especially the healers - do play an important role in any boss hunting group, helping not only to keep their comrades alive when engaging NPC enemies and the bosses themselves, but also helping in healing through attacks by players from opposing factions. Despite this, the current system completely excludes them from an equal chance at both the standard boss rewards and the event rewards that drop from bosses.

It would be easy for this to be fixed, either by raising the number of players that can receive loot from bosses, even if only just during the period of the event, or by tying the chances at these rewards to something other than boss kills that have a player maximum cap that is clearly tied to Trial boss encounters, and not the number of players that could be expected to engage bosses in non-Trial content, or perhaps by making it so that tagging the boss at all during the event would make it lootable.
  • GuildedLilly
    GuildedLilly
    ✭✭✭
    I play healers and tanks-- so I pretty much always get shafted during loot drops in IC; I only got ONE ebonsteel page on one character out of all four servers and all my characters. I fully support getting credit for tagging the boss in future events.

Second: The gankers and trolls were worse than ever this year. I play on 4 servers, PC NA/EU, XB1 NA/EU--and it didn't matter which campaign I tried, or which time I logged in, greifers were camping quest objectives to kill the PVE'rs across ALL servers in IC, and most districts. I expect to die in PVP zones, but this was next level farming of tel-var broke noobs that was vicious and unending at quest objectives.

If ZOS actually wants to encourage PVErs to dip their toes into PVP without it seeming like an endless, absusive gank-fest meat grinder, I have a simple suggestion for next year & tickets:

1 ticket per Cyrodil daily quest from alliance base
    1 ticket per IC daily quest
    1 ticket per Battleground

3 tickets daily max.

PVErs would still have to PVP-- but we could pick our poison, without being force-fed to the IC gank trolls. It would allow players the opportunity to experience PVP missions OF THEIR CHOICE. Want to seize keeps and resources? Go for it. Want to kill enemy players? have at it. Want to scout? ok. Want to play BG's? let's go. By all means, keep Cyrodil & IC PVP zones, but let players choose how they want to play it. If ESO is really about choice, STOP FORCING US TO FEED THE TROLLS.

This year's MYM got a lot of hate from the PVE community, and it was well deserved. Most of my friends skipped it entirely. Certain players in the PVP community are toxic & farmed players at quests objectives, the drop rates for pages sucked, and ZOS keeps pushing players with a visceral HATRED of pvp in IC into the zone just to feed a small subset of trolling gankers. I celebrated the END of the event, and honestly, unless something changes, I've done with any future MYM or IC.
    Grandmaster crafter, alt-o-holic, PC NA/EU, and XB1 NA/EU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play healers and tanks-- so I pretty much always get shafted during loot drops in IC; I only got ONE ebonsteel page on one character out of all four servers and all my characters. I fully support getting credit for tagging the boss in future events.

Second: The gankers and trolls were worse than ever this year. I play on 4 servers, PC NA/EU, XB1 NA/EU--and it didn't matter which campaign I tried, or which time I logged in, greifers were camping quest objectives to kill the PVE'rs across ALL servers in IC, and most districts. I expect to die in PVP zones, but this was next level farming of tel-var broke noobs that was vicious and unending at quest objectives.

If ZOS actually wants to encourage PVErs to dip their toes into PVP without it seeming like an endless, absusive gank-fest meat grinder, I have a simple suggestion for next year & tickets:

1 ticket per Cyrodil daily quest from alliance base
    1 ticket per IC daily quest
    1 ticket per Battleground

3 tickets daily max.

PVErs would still have to PVP-- but we could pick our poison, without being force-fed to the IC gank trolls. It would allow players the opportunity to experience PVP missions OF THEIR CHOICE. Want to seize keeps and resources? Go for it. Want to kill enemy players? have at it. Want to scout? ok. Want to play BG's? let's go. By all means, keep Cyrodil & IC PVP zones, but let players choose how they want to play it. If ESO is really about choice, STOP FORCING US TO FEED THE TROLLS.

This year's MYM got a lot of hate from the PVE community, and it was well deserved. Most of my friends skipped it entirely. Certain players in the PVP community are toxic & farmed players at quests objectives, the drop rates for pages sucked, and ZOS keeps pushing players with a visceral HATRED of pvp in IC into the zone just to feed a small subset of trolling gankers. I celebrated the END of the event, and honestly, unless something changes, I've done with any future MYM or IC.

I'd prefer a simpler solution: 3 tickets from any source. BGs/IC Daily/Cyrodiil quest; pick your poison. That way players could run one mission of their choice and get it done. Or if ZOS insists on us doing 2 quests, let us choose the type instead of mandating that one must be in Imperial City. (I'm a PVPer, and I'd rather get my tickets from Cyrodiil quests than Imperial City.)

Less queues that way too. I mean, there's something annoying about "Let me queue for Cyrodiil! Oh, wait I need 1 more event ticket, so let me leave and...queue for Imperial City now."
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 14, 2021 10:18PM
  • GuildedLilly
    GuildedLilly
    ✭✭✭
    I apologize for not being clear: 1 ticket from any PVP quest/activity was my idea-- you just get 1 ticket per quest/activity, but can choose whichever ones you wanted for your daily limit of 3.

3 BGS = 3 tickets, 3 Cyrdodil quests = 3 tickets, 3 IC quests = 3 tickets, or any combination. Any combination of 3 pvp quests or BGs could be used for your daily ticket limit, since they're all 1 ticket each.
    Grandmaster crafter, alt-o-holic, PC NA/EU, and XB1 NA/EU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I apologize for not being clear: 1 ticket from any PVP quest/activity was my idea-- you just get 1 ticket per quest/activity, but can choose whichever ones you wanted for your daily limit of 3.

3 BGS = 3 tickets, 3 Cyrdodil quests = 3 tickets, 3 IC quests = 3 tickets, or any combination. Any combination of 3 pvp quests or BGs could be used for your daily ticket limit, since they're all 1 ticket each.

Sounds similar then!