The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Video, Bots Camping Dungeon Boss

lionheart051
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8xCOuNF0Z0

You could easily tell there bots, look at how they still attack even when boss is dead. This is a lowbie dungeon but this is a problem in a lot of dungeons not just low level ones. This isn't a good first impression for new players just coming into the game.

Something must be done.
Edited by lionheart051 on April 14, 2014 12:18AM
  • mark2472
    mark2472
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, something needs to be done...
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just perma ban bot users, easy.
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    crowfl56 wrote: »
    just perma ban bot users, easy.

Yea, that sounds like something an in game GM could take care of doesn't it? Oh, wait, nevermind.
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • Steyn
    Steyn
    Soul Shriven
    Just ran across a whole mess of them camping at wansalen's boss. I had time and just reported each and every one of them, with a screenshot included. But yeah, something has to be done about them, I couldn't get any loot from the boss, I was only able to get one hit in on him before the bots killed him. Got the achievement, but screw that, I want loot!
  • daryl.rasmusenb14_ESO
    Almost every dungeon I went into in Deshaan had bot camps. This is just ruining the game. Other people have no chance at these bosses. Also, I'm hearing very disturbing reports of high level players camping the vampires so no one else can get bit so they can charge any amount they want to bite others. I won't be a part of this kind of gameplay. It's a downright shame.
  • kloerkeb14_ESO
    Every dungeon I have visited through the level 26 has had Bots camping on the Boss. They need to do something like instance the boss so that once you kill him you cannot see him again. Something similar should be done with the Vampires/Werewolves, you should not be able to kill them more than once to prevent camping.
  • Bramir
    Bramir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had basically the same experience with bots at every public dungeon boss. One thing I noticed is that the bosses don't seem to be dropping anything anymore...

Why not just ban the bots? They are so unbelievably obvious to anyone in the same room...just do it. If they complain point them to the terms of service and let them come back if they promise not to do that again.
  • lionheart051
    Bramir wrote: »
    Had basically the same experience with bots at every public dungeon boss. One thing I noticed is that the bosses don't seem to be dropping anything anymore...

Why not just ban the bots? They are so unbelievably obvious to anyone in the same room...just do it. If they complain point them to the terms of service and let them come back if they promise not to do that again.

They don't drop because i think depending on how much hp the mob has, or the type of mob it is you need to do a certain amount of damage to it to get loot. A dungeon boss mob isn't like a normal mob you find while just normally running around adventuring, you have to do some damage beyond one hit i believe. So these bots are also preventing legit players from getting loot also, at least i think.

These bots have also gotten very advanced, kinda funny yet sad at the same time lol.

Check this other video some guy posted out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvmcNhwJtqM#t=62
    Edited by lionheart051 on April 21, 2014 2:23PM
  • Rapscallion74
    Rapscallion74
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's really getting out of hand. I posted a couple vids in another thread about the subject as well. Hopefully this will let ZOS see the extent of this problem if they dont already know.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=KEVOJr1J7ZE

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rTa0AQI7b4s

EDIT: dont know why my videos arent embedding..
    Edited by Rapscallion74 on April 21, 2014 2:25PM
  • pappy_63
    pappy_63
    Soul Shriven
    hmm i do remember that SWG had some problem like this so they sent a Server Dev / Moderater every 1hr or so to the site ..AOE'ed them .. left.. rinse and repeat until the problem was solved. that should slow the farmers / bots down.. and from what i remember they did tell players before they did it to see if anyone moved to a save area..
  • lionheart051
    pappy_63 wrote: »
    hmm i do remember that SWG had some problem like this so they sent a Server Dev / Moderater every 1hr or so to the site ..AOE'ed them .. left.. rinse and repeat until the problem was solved. that should slow the farmers / bots down.. and from what i remember they did tell players before they did it to see if anyone moved to a save area..

Yeah but in one of the video posted by rapscallion, a guy got one of the bots killed by mobs and the bot just resurrected ITSELF with a soul stone. Lol immortal bots? Seriously i hope they do something about this during this server down time.
    Yeah, it's really getting out of hand. I posted a couple vids in another thread about the subject as well. Hopefully this will let ZOS see the extent of this problem if they dont already know.

EDIT: dont know why my videos arent embedding..

To embed the video just post the link without the "[url=" thing. You just need the link and thats it.

He gets quite a few of them killed haha.
    Edited by lionheart051 on April 21, 2014 2:36PM
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    They were in every solo dungeon in Rivenspire yesterday. I'm a sorceress and I always use destructive reach on a boss that sends it several metres away from the mob, usually in the direction of real players waiting in the back, so they can get their experience and some loot too. ;)>:)
    Master Angler
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should hire even just one gm that does nothing but hop servers and go into all the low level dungeons to clear out the bots. He could be invisible to players so he doesnt ruin immersion and all he does is he goes in and bans all the players just standing in one area on top of the boss. I doubt he would ban any legit players because its pretty obvious who is botting.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • vejay238
    vejay238
    are they even reading these posts be nice to get an answer from Zenimax about this before they start loosing players oh but they already have our $ so who cares huh ??
  • DurFea
    DurFea
    Soul Shriven
    The least they could do -- (since it appears that they don't care that their game is being overrun by botters) -- is code the boss mob AI to scale its hitpoints to the number of players attacking it. At least that way, legit players could get in on the fights and get loot.

As it stands right now, a legit player can't even land a hit on the boss mob before it is dead in most cases.

This is absolutely infuriating and completely killing the entire "dungeon crawling" experience for me.
  • Ozzy420Shadar
    Send in gm's please and take these clowns out. Although i would like to have the campers ported to their own private instance, and game/chat/mail-locked there. for 2 weeks then unbind... or ban.
    Tamriels Golden Warriors!
  • Dragonheart013
    Just report every one you see. Eventually they'll start running out of accounts, so the numbers will dwindle. Unfortunately, they'll probably never disappear fully, but at least if we can bring their numbers down it's something. Especially when they have completely non-sensical names you probably don't even *need* a description for the help team to know what's going on. I know it's frustrating getting to the end of a dungeon and the only thing there for you to do is to report botters, and a lot of people probably don't, but the more people who report them, the faster it should get dealt with hopefully.
  • natsuki
    natsuki
    Soul Shriven
    uggh.. I now see the reality of this problem. When I first read these complaints weeks ago I thought them over dramatic. Usually when I see a group of players standing around a spawn spot, the group isn't large and many of the players move on after they get a kill in. Normally in this case it is a easy matter for me to get some hits in or a heal and get completion credit.

But the other evening while running on an alt, I went into a public and found an excessively large group of toons with names that consited onl of strings of random characters standing clumped up. I was amazed at how fast they carved the mob down upon spawning. Even looked like they started attacking before I could see the spawn. Took several tries and quick fingers to get completion credit.

I'm not sure a tag timer would work well without screwing legit players. As in a timer preventing you from participating in a boss kill or preventing you from getting loot from it for a time. Sounds good at first, but even if you made it so a player had to leave the area for a time before being able to loot again I could see botters then just using teleport-to-player to port in and out waves of their alts (would be more complex scripting and setup for sure.. but it is feasible).

What if maybe bosses didn't always spawn in the same spot? give them an area larger than aoe range were they can spawn randomly.. decrease his respawn time after a kill so it's easier for different players to find him? As an aside I've been rather annoyed about how the respawn time on some quest/boss mobs seems to be excessively long.. I hate the waiting.. wether there is a group of farmers standing around or I'm alone.
  • Omyz
    Omyz
    ✭✭
    Every single dungeon I've been in up to level 20, has had bots camping. To the point in Grahtwood, unable to complete achievements because the mobs are dead before they even register as targets
  • billcamp42
    billcamp42
    Soul Shriven
    Perhaps they could make the public dungeon bosses a daily quest you can get from reading one of the notes at near the dungeon entrance?
    Boss drops no loot, just go turn in quest for comparable loot.
    Once the botters find they can only get loot once a day, they'll find something else to camp.
  • buffbcub17_ESO
    Still occurring in my mid 30s, so I bet that all of the public dungeons have some bots in them.
  • AbraCadabra
    AbraCadabra
    ✭✭✭
    The bots are in the lvl 40 zone now. Joy oh joy.
  • Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bots are in the lvl 40 zone now. Joy oh joy.
    Oh yeah, they are leveling up. They are leveling slowly, but they are going to be found at higher and higher level dungeons. I think in the last two weeks I have seen them in every dungeon I've been in. And I have never gotten any loot.

• knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    lmao I was in there yesterday and seen this for myself ,its over so quick I even tried to kill the boss myself after 10 kills I only managed to get drops 2 times,
    so top class to post for posting video . when I was there I think most were bots and a few players so remember not all of them are bots post the evidence let the game decide who the bots are
  • meglon978ub17_ESO
    meglon978ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It will not get better until they put a GM in game. A GM in game full time would help eliminate these bots AND be able to instantly deal with gold sellers. It is truly inconceivable that someone at ZOE doesn't understand this.
  • Halefire
    Halefire
    ✭✭
    Maybe they could randomly spawn the boss at various locations in the last areas of the dungeons ?

All of the bots I saw last night , were crowded around the spawn point using aldric spears first ability, thats fast but short range melee attack.
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just have a wandering cave troll come into every dungeon and kill everything that doesn't run away. Once and hour should be cool.
    Edited by Etchesketch on April 24, 2014 2:42AM
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • Dragonheart013
    Just have a wandering cave troll come into every dungeon and kill everything that doesn't run away. Once and hour should be cool.

They have Soul Gems and rez themselves.... So while that sounds good, it's not very effective...
  • TheRedMage
    TheRedMage
    ✭✭✭
    pappy_63 wrote: »

Yeah but in one of the video posted by rapscallion, a guy got one of the bots killed by mobs and the bot just resurrected ITSELF with a soul stone. Lol immortal bots? Seriously i hope they do something about this during this server down time.

Theres a passive in the soul tree that lets you respawn every so often without a soul gem, but yeah i wouldn't put that kind of hack past em.
    Edited by TheRedMage on April 24, 2014 7:24AM
    Please try not to think I'm hostile, I'm not trying to be. I just have a hard time wording things with tact >_<.