The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bots problem?Zenimax please read,here is the fix!

Mizar84
Mizar84
✭✭
Right,this bots issue in solo dungeon is really annoying. There has been thousand of post/thread about it and nothing been done. The hotfix of yesterday did nothing. So,I got in mind a real idea that can easily fix this issue once and for all.

They are solo dungeons right? Why not make them solo-instanced like the main story line/fighter/mage guild quests... where you can do the dungeon by your own with all peace (remember they are solo-dungeon!) take the time,and kill the boss like it should be.Once. The boss should never respawn in that instance.
So,you kill the boss,you loot whatever the mob drops and you go out of the zone because it won't respawn anymore. Then an amazing lockout of 18hours for that dungeon start. Done! See? Some games use this system and they work really great.
People that farm those dungeons for loot are really sad,mainly because I never seen a game with so much variety of possibilities to get loot...even by killing mudcrabs give you green/blue items! Is there really need for camping them?

That is one solution ; the other solution is even more easy and it is basically to remove the loot drop from them. You do the zone,you get the skyshard,the quest and the achievement for completing it. Done. Fixed again!

Thank you for listening.
Neverending Dream Guild Master
  • artey
    artey
    Jasmine wrote: »
    The boss should never respawn in that instance.
    So,you kill the boss,you loot whatever the mob drops and you go out of the zone because it won't respawn anymore.

This is all we need!

-Kill the Boss and take your Loot
    -Get the Achievement
    -It wont Respawn for YOU
    -Bye bye farming bots

• Aimeryan
    Aimeryan
    ✭✭
    What Artey said. Or, make them spawn in random locations (near the appropriate place). One of the issues is that the bots instantly attack them before you can even register they have appeared - with enough bots you can't actually get an attack in of your own (or at least not one that counts). With random locations this wouldn't be (as much of) an issue.
  • Primus9
    Primus9
    Agreed this is ridiculous. I'm not even sure of it is farming bots, or just there are players out there trying to farm gear out of a dungeon instead of progressing through content and quests/trading as a player would.

Make it so bosses aren't able to be looted more than once by the same player so you can't farm them
    Edited by Primus9 on April 24, 2014 1:33AM
  • TheRedMage
    TheRedMage
    ✭✭✭
    Primus9 wrote: »
    Agreed this is ridiculous. I'm not even sure of it is farming bots, or just there are players out there trying to farm gear out of a dungeon instead of progressing through content and quests/trading as a player would.

Make it so bosses aren't able to be looted more than once by the same player so you can't farm them

Oh its bots alright, no one would take 5-6 characters with random gibberish names just to farm gear.

Oh just a multiboxer trying to farm then? nah, all the multiboxers i know have a theme with their names, not random trash.

Just watch and you'll see that they can hit their moves the *SECOND* the enemy spawns where it'd take a normal person a second to target then kill itt.

How they move in perfect unison, while standing on the same spot with every character having roughly the same gear.
    Please try not to think I'm hostile, I'm not trying to be. I just have a hard time wording things with tact >_<.