The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

completing a dungeon (torch icons on map)

soulclaw
soulclaw
✭✭✭
I am assuming that the small, square dungeons marked by torches on the map are public dungeons, but anyway...

I have run into several of these that I cannot seem to complete, as in turn the map icon white. I have explored them fully, not that there is that much to explore, and found the skyshard if there is one and in some found a quest as well but whatever I need to do to formally complete it is not happening.

What is it I need to do?
Sweetie, can you show us on the doll where the bad man from Blizzard touched you?

• columbineb14_ESO
    columbineb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Kill the boss. Look for the place where ten bots are standing around.
    I have just told you more than I know.
  • columbineb14_ESO
    columbineb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Also, there's three kinds of things marked by a torch. The little caves are generally a single loop of passage with a skyshard somewhere and a boss somewhere. There MAY be a quest sending you in there, maybe not.

The small public dungeon in a zone looks just like the caves from the outside, but it will always have at least one quest, harder bosses (usually several), a group achievement, etc ... and a skyshard. Somewhere. These are not meant to be soloed, although you can.

The best way to tell which one is the little public dungeon is to look at the ones listed in the zone's cave explorer achievement - it's the one that's NOT there.

The BIG group dungeon in the zone you can always tell because its torch icon has a plus sign.
    I have just told you more than I know.
  • Hexo
    Hexo
    Kill the boss. Look for the place where ten bots are standing around.
    :s
    Zenimax fix it fix it fix it!

Edited by Hexo on April 24, 2014 6:16AM