Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Good places which have a lot of urns and containers?

DraggOOn_021
I am trying to farm motifs to net some gold but I just don't know the places to farm them. (Talking about motifs like racial, alliance and imperial motifs etc.)

P.S: I would like to thank everyone who responded to my many questions on this sub and I apologize if I bother anyone reading this.
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racial motifs are not worth your time and imperial motif drops rarely so you can't really farm it. Better do some overland quests in dlc zones that drop motifs with a high percentage once a day. For making gold I suggest you farm treasure chests in zones with popular sets like Briarheart in Wrothgar or Alfiq in Northern Elsweyr and sell them.
  • DraggOOn_021
    Can you give me some examples of those motifs that have a high percentage of dropping?
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you give me some examples of those motifs that have a high percentage of dropping?

Any motif that drops easily is generally not worth much of anything. So if you're trying to farm them for profit, you might be barking up the wrong tree.

BUT, there are motifs that are easy"ish" and medium..ly(?) valuable. Many (all?) require various DLC, though.
    Tamriel Trade Centre (commonly referred to as TTC) is a great tool to know about how much things are selling for, btw. (You may need to adjust for your region/platform; that's for PC/NA.) It can help you know what to aim for.

I'll link some things for ya below, to give an idea. EDIT :: No I won't, because apparently TTC creates ungodly-long links; just use the search function to look up motifs by name. Pick your platform, and use the search bar -- couldn't be easier. : )

- Kvatch Arena can get you Order of the Hour motif pages, for doing a fun and simple daily quest (as in, once per day per character; repeatable every 24 hours).
    - Wrothgar dailies... well, they're an acquired taste tbh, but they can net you Malacath Style motif chapters. These dailies tend to be a bit more tedious than others, imo.
    - Dark Brotherhood & Thieves Guild both have daily little mini-missions you can take on that have a chance to award motif chapters. They're fun for what they are, but many find them horrid. YMMV
    - Clockwork City, Murkmire, Morrowind, Summerset, Elsweyr, & Greymoor all have dailies to do as well, and generally work the same -- go here, kill that, get a reward container with a chance to get motifs. Pretty straightforward. I believe all minor DLCs (even the ones I'm forgetting at the moment) follow this pattern. The ones listed above are the only ones that jump out in my memory as being somewhat different.
    - Some Public Dungeon bosses can drop motif pages.
    - Craglorn chests can drop em too.
    - Other stuff I'm forgetting can be found on this here UESP page!
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As said above, most of the DLC zones offer daily quests that can provide certain motif pages in their reward coffers. Not sure on profitability but here are some of my notes on some of the daily delve quests which can include specific pages in their quest reward coffers:

Arkthzand Armory – The Reach
    Sapiarch – Summerset
    Anequina – N Elsweyr
    Blackreach Vanguard – W Skyrim
    Shield of Senchal – S Elsweyr
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are multple sources of motifs in several DLC areas. Vvardenfell also has the ashlander motifs from the ashlander daily quests (2 easy quests per day and they often drop purple jewellery), Clockwork city has both apostle and ebonshadow on different daily quests.

Some are easy to farm - new moon priest once you've unlocked the dragonguard chest, but they are low value, dwemer is also fairly easy to find running around all the dwemer ruins but again not very high value.

Most of the really valuable farmable ones are drops from trials, so not easy.

Everyone else has already figured out all the best motif farming options so there are basically no shortcuts because if there were we'd all be using them already!

Too many toons not enough time
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Motifs are good for getting decent gold in decent chunks, but if it's just farming some gold you're after I've often heard that simply running around harvesting is among the most profitable methods. Easiest, as well. Just set your Mundus Stone buff to Steed (the movement speed one), put on any speed-increasing (and/or stealth-enhancing) gear you got, and turn on a movie or whatever in the background and turn off your brain for an hour or so. Run around harvesting anything that can be picked, mined, chopped, or refined.

The only drawback might be if you're low level and/or don't have your crafts at 50; the high-level materials (Ruby Ash, Rubedite, etc.) are generally worth the most. Even then, alchemy mats are the same regardless (and sell for a lot!), and the Runes that matter too. You don't have to be high level for this, it just helps.

I've personally never done calculations or anything; but there's almost no RNG involved, it's in no way difficult, and it's guaranteed to net you decent gold when it's time to sell. (Unlike motifs, due to the RNG of getting them at all in the first place, getting good chapters, etc.) All you need to do is find buyers; either in zone chat or whatever (ick), or by joining a trade guild and pricing your goods fairly.

(edited to add links)
    Edited by GreenHere on February 10, 2021 4:26PM
  • DraggOOn_021
    Would you prefer to sell them unrefined to guild traders or refine them and sell the rewards.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would you prefer to sell them unrefined to guild traders or refine them and sell the rewards.

You should refine if (BIG IF) you have the max skill in doing so for that craft. As in, 3 out of 3 in the passive that maximizes chances of refining & finding valuable materials.

But yes -- unrefined mats might sell for more as a stack vs the refined mats; but not nearly as much as if you refined the mats, then sold the refined stack PLUS the upgrade materials that you get. Even just the upgrade materials alone are worth more than raw material stacks, last I checked (a long, long time ago).

Honestly, if you're looking to get into doing writs (that was you, right? from the other thread?), the best advice is to hold onto your refined materials until you build up a healthy reserve and just sell the gold & purple upgrade materials only. You'll need a lot of the mats themselves for writ fulfillment, and you'll only be losing the gold you earned if you have to buy stacks later on, ya know?
  • DraggOOn_021
    Thanks for the many answers @GreenHere! And yea that was me from the other thread lol. But thanks for the helpful answers!
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the many answers @GreenHere! And yea that was me from the other thread lol. But thanks for the helpful answers!

Happy to help! I remember what it was like to be in your shoes! Starting out, trying to wrap my head around how all this worked is ESO... It was simpler back then, and it still felt kind of overwhelming. lol

I was very lucky to find some kind souls in zone chat (of all places!) that taught me a lot, gave me good help and advice, and even bought me a horse to ride on my first day! I've been trying to pay it forward since. : )

Just to note, though: I'm a fairly average player, in most respects. There are more hardcore crafters and earners out there, by far! Many have written handy guides and whatnot. I don't really use or look for them anymore, so can't make much in the way of recommendations, but I encourage you to look for them; they'll have better (and more up-to-date) tips & tricks.

Lots of great info out there; the ESO community is pretty good about being open with their "secrets" to making gold and doing well in the game, fortunately. The UESP wiki is also a pretty excellent resource for, well... everything; and they have a lot of cool members that play regularly. Even a guild on PC/NA (possibly the other platforms as well?).

Good luck, and have fun! :smiley:
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The most valuable motifs come from the "Veteran Dungeon of the Month," if you will. If you run that dungeon, you have a chance to get a Monster Set motif. While I do not know the drop rate, its typically no more than 1 person per run who gets one, though I feel your chances are improved if you do hard mode. Currently, its Vet Darkshade 1 for the Sentinel of Rhugamz mask motif. Those motifs can easily go for 150k-250k in guild stores. The schedule for these things is on this site:

benevolentbowd.ca/calendar/

For other dungeon motifs, many drop in the veteran DLC dungeons. I've had one drop almost every time I've run Fang Lair and Falkreath Hold. The rarer ones, like something out of Icereach, can also go for over 200k in guild traders.

Other easy to obtain motifs are those out of Craglorn. The Ra Gada motif drops in all three trials and all over that zone. They only sell for 5k-20k though.

As for the overland motifs, most aren't that profitable. Ones that I can think of that go for a fair amount of money are Buoyant Armiger and Telvanni out of Vvardenfell.
    Edited by El_Borracho on February 11, 2021 7:23PM