Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What Is Going On With Mat Prices?

• xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erliesc wrote: »
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    How do you buy billions in gold of mats with only 200k? And then physically go to 200 guild traders to control the market? Gotta work on that conspiracy theory a little better next time.

Not sure if what I see when I visit a guild trader is the same that everyone else sees ("they" could have an algorithm that specifically modifies what each player sees... that would explain the ignorance seen?)...but...at every trader I visit..I see the same thing...way overpriced mats for sale.

And at this point it's not just the mats...it's the finished products. I base my selling prices for crafted stuff off of the avg mat cost...more or less have to...since what is the point of making something to sell if you could sell the mats that were used for more?

Heartwood is not the only mat that is overpriced. After the previous run up in prices..heartwood never fell to it's previous level...though most other mats did....after 6 months or so. But then in anticipation of the next runup...prices started inflating a few weeks early.

Next time I predict a mess...

Think about? Set of monkeys see the 200K or whatever coming up on the calendar...decide to capture the mat markets...10 or 20 could do a lot of damage...the motivation being the lure of a big profit.

I do a lot of trading/crafting etc. and have price charts going back a year or so...I visit a large variety of traders...I have INFORMATION...others have opinions?

Pointless to argue about this though...reminds me of the recent political insanities...wishful thinking vs factual based reality?

COVID is a factual-based construct/reality that beats bullpucky every time and did...not sure what the "COVID construct" in this game is or will be...but I'm pretty sure it's there. Wait for it...wait for it....

Pretty scary when you see the craziness people are capable of....

do you actually think 4 million would capture the materials market in this game ? if so, im gonna go capture it tonight by myself.

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erliesc wrote: »
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    How do you buy billions in gold of mats with only 200k? And then physically go to 200 guild traders to control the market? Gotta work on that conspiracy theory a little better next time.

Not sure if what I see when I visit a guild trader is the same that everyone else sees ("they" could have an algorithm that specifically modifies what each player sees... that would explain the ignorance seen?)...but...at every trader I visit..I see the same thing...way overpriced mats for sale.

And at this point it's not just the mats...it's the finished products. I base my selling prices for crafted stuff off of the avg mat cost...more or less have to...since what is the point of making something to sell if you could sell the mats that were used for more?

Heartwood is not the only mat that is overpriced. After the previous run up in prices..heartwood never fell to it's previous level...though most other mats did....after 6 months or so. But then in anticipation of the next runup...prices started inflating a few weeks early.

Next time I predict a mess...

Think about? Set of monkeys see the 200K or whatever coming up on the calendar...decide to capture the mat markets...10 or 20 could do a lot of damage...the motivation being the lure of a big profit.

I do a lot of trading/crafting etc. and have price charts going back a year or so...I visit a large variety of traders...I have INFORMATION...others have opinions?

Pointless to argue about this though...reminds me of the recent political insanities...wishful thinking vs factual based reality?

COVID is a factual-based construct/reality that beats bullpucky every time and did...not sure what the "COVID construct" in this game is or will be...but I'm pretty sure it's there. Wait for it...wait for it....

Pretty scary when you see the craziness people are capable of....

do you actually think 4 million would capture the materials market in this game ? if so, im gonna go capture it tonight by myself.

I guess I can capture the market 25 times over myself :smile:
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After review of this thread, we have decided to close it down as it has derailed from constructive conversation. We ask that everyone keep the Forum's Community Rules in mind when posting, and remember that Conspiracy Theories and Misinformation are against the Community Rules, as stated below:
    Conspiracy Theories and Misinformation: We do not tolerate the deliberate and malicious spreading of false info or conspiracy theories about ZeniMax Online Studios, its game(s), or its employees. This does not include honest mistakes; rather, this rule pertains to those who go out of their way to spread harmful or malicious rumors about ZeniMax Online Studios and its employees, or The Elder Scrolls Online.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.