The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

PVP UI bug cutting off AP and experience numbers in the German version of the game

apri
apri
✭✭✭✭
Since there is no bug report section in the German part of the forums, I'll have to put it in here. For several updates the rewards for AP and XP gain is cut-off in the German version of the game on console (PS4) if there is a comma separating decimals. If you get 4.2K ap, you cannot tell if it is 4.2, 14.2 or 24.2, for example. The same is true for the experience numbers. If there is no decimals, the UI shows the correct number however. If it's 3K, you see 3K. If it's 30K, you see 30K. As soon as the comma comes into play, the numbers become intransparent however.

The following screenshot shows the problem:

hbmko07rzme7.jpg

It could be 4.2K AP, it could be 14.2K, 24.2K etc. No way to tell the number. You also see in the image how the XP number is cut off. It's probably 10.7K, could also be 20.7K or anything else. It's impossible to see.

You cannot compensate with video settings. If I decrease the screen size, it just adds black borders around the visual area but the numbers stay cut off in exactly the same way. Unless I have overlooked anything, this is not related to my display, to the console or the settings in the game. It's an UI bug. The numbers need to be put a bit further to the right in the German client of the game to make them visible. I cannot tell if the same bug is true for other languages. It's probably worth to have a look into this.
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good news: This bug has been fixed. I'm glad that it got addressed. Sometimes it is the little things that can make people happy, and this is one of them. Thank you ZOS for addressing the UI AP bug in the German game client on PS4. I wish it would not have taken this long but it's good that it's fixed now.

In comparison to the bug in the image posted above, here is the corrected UI now:

v0l1byk1n5ho.png

Both images are cropped screenshots from the same display settings. Happy days, one bug less that bugs us. :smiley:
    Options