The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Aigym Hlervu's Lore Guide to Player Houses. Vvardenfell.

Aigym_Hlervu
Aigym_Hlervu
✭✭✭✭✭
A LORE GUIDE TO PLAYER HOUSES. VVARDENFELL.
by Aigym Hlervu

Under these sun and skies I greet you warmly, muthsera!
Another guide of mine, this time it is devoted to things that make us nobles in Tamriel (in some cases, though) - houses and land beneath them! Since the Kushalit sanctuary has been said to be on sale this year, here I decided to share some of my old observations regarding our houses in Vvardenfell. The Morrowind DLC brought so much of the sense of nostalgia, and it continues to do it since the new "house", the Kushalit shrine, will soon be implemented. Let's see the lore of our houses there, remember the details of the same locations we visited in 3E 427 in TES III, 19 years ago, and see how did they became the ones being these houses in the 2E 582 (741 years before TES 3) in ESO. Here we'll speak of all the available houses we have today and, of course, we'll touch the Kushalit sanctuary.

1. That new house, the Kushalit Sanctuary, devoted to Sheogorath turns out to be the Assalkushalit - a shrine to Sheogorath well known to us in TES III. In 3E 427 nothing gives us a cue of a us living there 741 years before that time - the statue of Sheogorath is still in there with some worshippers performing their rituals. Those who will put away the statue of Sheogorath know it - it's useless :). The statue will be back in place by 3E 427. Looking at the map of the region (below) we'll notice too many inconsistences made, because the maps of the region in both games are a bit different. You see that Kogoruhn in TES 3 is located north-west from Kushalit, while in the ESO it is straight the opposite to south-east of it. I suppose it is the mistake in the Kushalit's sanctuary current location in the ESO - it should be placed much closer to the crater, as it is located in 3E 427. Nonetheless, the house is still in the production stage, so the location can be corrected. At least they can make a location of the entrance to it marked with the sign of the house on the map, whatever. I've already seen some new foyadas there along with some unidentified structures, so, I guess the devs might do this thing and everything will be fine.

Assalkushalit, 2E 582
800px-ON-interior-Kushalit_Sanctuary_04.jpg
800px-ON-interior-Kushalit_Sanctuary_03.jpg

Assalkushalit, 3E 427
800px-MW-place-Assalkushalit.jpg
600px-MW-npc-Levus_Musilchiotus.jpg

Maps comparison:
s2rknID.jpg
UlZDU7x.jpg

2. Our Ald Velothi Harbor House of 2E 582 will actually become the well known village of Ald Velothi. By the 3E 427 the territory of the manor will be enlarged with several commoner shacks present there and the Ald Velothi Outpost being the center of the commerce of the village. The entire village will be ran by a Redoran kinsman Theldyn Virith. There will be also a quest in 3E 427 here to kill Old Blue Fin - a unique slaughterfish - perhaps, a relative to the Resdaynian Sailfin that is actually a rare blue fish found in the saltwaters of Vvardenfell and is quite similar to Old Blue Fin.

Ald Velothi, 2E 582
800px-ON-place-Ald_Velothi_Harbor_House.jpg

Ald Velothi, 3E 427
800px-MW-place-Ald_Velothi.jpg

Maps comparison:
QxoIbZf.jpg
74O6Kfr.jpg

3. Our Amaya Lake Lodge will be completely destroyed by the year of 3E 427. The Imperial fort and a farming village of Pelagiad will be located just south of our modern lands. The Panat cave and slaver hideout will be located right on the place of a chest existing there today in 2E 582, and only Mistress Dren's Residence will stay in place evolving into the well-known Dren Plantation. Yes, the slave owning Mistress Dren livining in 2E 582 is the ancestor of both Duke of Vvardenfell and the head of the Grand Council of Morrowind Vedam Dren and his younger brother and the leader of the Camonna Tong Orvas Dren. A nice family. Ah, House Hlaalu, the House of thieves, the House of liars.

Amaya Lake Lodge, 2E 582
800px-ON-place-Amaya_Lake_Lodge.jpg

Maps comparison:
g4MekEH.jpg
5L3tUJO.jpg

4. A small apartment called Saint Delyn Penthouse is actually not ours, we only rent it for free by making a non-commercial deal with Felande Demarie, a Breton landlord who owns various properties throughout Tamriel. As we know it, the penthouse is located in the inn called on the map as the "Abbey of St. Delyn" and as the "Saint Delyn's Inn" on the both actual entrances and interior map of the inn. The inn is located in the Canton of St. Delyn the Wise, Waistworks, Vivec City. In 2E 582 the cantons under construction are the Hlaalu, Redoran, Arena, and Telvanni, but byy the year of 3E 427, with the construction of the Foreign Quarter, the only place foreigners will be allowed to live in the city, the "Abbey of St. Delyn" inn will truly become the Abbey of St. Delyn the Wise - it will be a Tribunal temple that will give rooms to many pilgrims who visit the city.

"Abbey of St. Delyn" inn, 2E 582
800px-ON-place-Abbey_of_St._Delyn.jpg

Abbey of St. Delyn the Wise, Tribunal Temple, 3E 427
799px-MW-place-The_Abbey_of_St._Delyn_the_Wise.jpg

5. And finally the Tel Galen. Located north-east of Kaushtarari (a shrine to Malacath and the place the False Incarnate Conoon Chodala retreated to. We killed him there and obtained Sunna'rah) and south-east of Sadrith Mora, this tower will be completely destroyed by the year of 3E 427. As you see it on the maps, the waters of the Inner Sea will take much of our land leaving only the highest eastern part of our island, but moreover - there won't be neither the giant mushroom, nor the buildings and walls we now have there. First, I thought it was Gothren who finally could find out of whom to blame for things we did to him in 2E 582, but no - Kaushtarari of the 3rd Era will also be partially flooded and inhabited by some Orcish thugs. The very islands in the vicinity of Sadrith Mora will be flooded, the level of the water will raise and that seems to be the only reason. It's the natural one.

Tel Galen, 2E 582
Tel_Galen?file=Telvanni_Tower_Homestead.png

Maps comparison:
tHfWgHC.jpg
4MJJKq5.jpg
Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on February 10, 2021 5:11PM
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it, many thanks.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Varlaisvea, the home in the Gold Coast, to become a part of Garlas Malatar? It seems in roughly the same spot. On looking again I think not, it seems lower than Kvatch.
    Edited by TheImperfect on February 10, 2021 12:11AM
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Varlaisvea, the home in the Gold Coast, to become a part of Garlas Malatar? It seems in roughly the same spot. On looking again I think not, it seems lower than Kvatch.

Yes, you are right, it's not Malatar - I checked it too previously. The ruins of Varlaisvea located at the local creek are completely absent there by 3E 433. I haven't written anything about other houses, since I decided to make it about Vvardenfell ones this time. Though, the materials on some other ones do exist, I just have to refresh and check them before posting. Thank you much for reading, friend!
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, you are right, it's not Malatar - I checked it too previously. The ruins of Varlaisvea located at the local creek are completely absent there by 3E 433. I haven't written anything about other houses, since I decided to make it about Vvardenfell ones this time. Though, the materials on some other ones do exist, I just have to refresh and check them before posting. Thank you much for reading, friend!

That's cool, thanks for checking. I'm sorry for derailing the thread onto Varlaisvea, just excited about the lore of the homes. I found out Varlais means stars and vea means sea. I love what you found out about the Vvardenfell homes.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Very detailed work @Cygemai_Hlervu, thanks so much for sharing! :smiley:
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post