The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Worth coming back to the game?

Vetixio
Vetixio
✭✭✭✭
Hi all! I just wondered is the game worth coming back to (I've had about 4 months off). Is it still Elder Stamina Online and full of procs and werewolf cheese? Has the performance in Cyrodiil improved and did they actually put through any of the horrible ideas they tested? Just curious is all, thanks in advance :)
Edited by Vetixio on January 27, 2021 3:31AM
Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing has changed for the better regarding the things you mentioned. I would say it got worse, with more powerful procs being added and a general lack of combat and class changes over the last year.

Now there will be the new PTS today. So maybe this will change something about at procs and werewolves at least. So keep an eye on the PTS forum and make your decision after today.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AS of right now? no. Wait and see how these new changes work out
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you both for the replies! I will keep an eye on things and updates. Its a shame none of the things I mentioned have been addressed :( but I'm sure the crown store has had a lot of updates :neutral:
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did come back to the game and the performance seems a lot better tbh, had some fun PvP despite the aprocalypse!
  • EthicX
    EthicX
    I’d say yes. I stepped away for a little break and have recently come back. Performance does seem better than I recall when I left back in September or so. Maybe it did...maybe it didnt. I am just enjoying my time in Cyrodiil right now and haven’t committed to subscribing. It’s working out well for me :)
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In short no.

Long version definitely not.

Lag and cheese as bad as ever, heavy armour malacath meta, proc set meta
  • loki504
    loki504
    ✭✭
    The new CP system should improve the performance of the servers. And they are working on new and improved servers.

Why not give it a go. You easly play it with out subbing.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I came back after a year long break and I have to say performance is way better than it was in 2019. The sad thing is my Magplar is now super weak, but I will figure it out.

Welcome back!
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I came back after a year long break and I have to say performance is way better than it was in 2019. The sad thing is my Magplar is now super weak, but I will figure it out.

Welcome back!

Yeah Magplar well Magicka in general needs some love! I miss BoL healing 2 extra targets and Blazing Spear stun :disappointed:
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your replies! One thing I have always liked about ESO is that the community is on the whole lovely and y'all have just helped me prove that! I am having a lot of fun in Midyear Mayhem and have had a warm welcome back from friends or guildees and DC Cyro people. Just need Cyro performance improvements, Vampire buffs, Magicka buffs, Werewolf nerfs and Proc nerfs and it'd be all good :)
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may come back if you want...

I can only speak for myself. I won't renew my ESO plus unless PvP servers and balance problems are fixed.

They do temporarily upgrade PvP servers during MYM, but everything will return to "normal"soon when MYM ends.
    By "normal" I meant frequent disconnection, high ping, unable to swap bars, unable to use skills, unable to break free, desync, slow motion, etc.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vetixio wrote: »
    I did come back to the game and the performance seems a lot better tbh, had some fun PvP despite the aprocalypse!

Pvpy server performance is only Temporarily improved during MYM, like what they always do. They will reset the servers right when MYM ends.

Good luck playing in Gray host Cyrodiil.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Kinetiks
    Kinetiks
    ✭✭
    no
  • CH77
    CH77
    ✭✭✭
    I've just come back after a year off and am enjoying all the content that I have to catch up on.

However there seems to be some weird lag issues for me.
    Ping rate stays constant but there's definite lag between pushing a button and the skill happening on screen. I get audio lag too now and again. Also get random load screens which I never encountered before.
    Is that possibly server lag?

No hardware changes to my PC since last time I was on.
    Wondering if a clean re-install might help - I did have to do a couple of repairs after downloading all the patches I missed.
  • albumoculus
    albumoculus
    ✭✭
    I really enjoy ESO, but the amount of changes without consulting the community is starting to annoy me. The CP overhaul is fine, most players knew it was coming either way. But changes resulting in a complete turn from the original version I just can't stand. I would imagine PVE players are suffering from this dilemma the most, it really does suck having to re think you entire aporoach to your builds. ESO is an mmorpg so it's to be expected that their are constant chnages and tweaks as times change. It's still in the early stages of the PTS and I am still confident that ZOS will work things out, I would recommend you to wait until the 8th of March when the PTS goes live.
  • Tsunahmie
    Tsunahmie
    ✭✭✭
    I have mained magplar since the beginning of ESO, sure Magicka is in a bad spot pvp wise but I think it's definitely worth coming back and preparing for the newest patch. I like a lot of the changes coming and the quality of life features for example gear collections is just great! If you already have the gold/mats to craft yourself a good set then wait for next patch. if not....get grinding and farming undaunted keys now :)