The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP | State of the Game

StihlReign
StihlReign
✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone!

Hope everyone's well. I was once around alot - running with Guilds and killin' and strategizing...

How's PvP? Has it been fixed, did the no lag dream from a few years ago come to pass?

Is ESO worth playing? Hardcore PvP'er asking :smiley:
"O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How's PvP? Terrible

Has it been fixed, did the no lag dream from a few years ago come to pass? LOL...

Is ESO worth playing? No

• Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We just had a full year of performance improvements so of course it’s worse then it’s ever been.
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    StihlReign wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

Hope everyone's well. I was once around alot - running with Guilds and killin' and strategizing...

How's PvP? Has it been fixed, did the no lag dream from a few years ago come to pass?

To sum it up.

Groups are no more than 12 people now
    Healing outside of the groups is prohibited
    Lag? That depends. If you mean that times when we had those beautiful loading screens sometimes interrupted by this awful game then yes, it is improved. Otherwise lag and crashing is still present

• Plodeoca
    Plodeoca
    ✭✭✭
    ESO in general terms, yes worth playing because it's a fantastic game with a fantastic community. Is eso pvp side worth playing? Definitely not. Lag is killing the pvp side of the game. Group size restrictions are doing the same. Proc sets are doing mostly all the work in pvp, skills doesn't matter, coordination and war strategies are gone. Did i mentioned the lag? Yes because be prepared to fire your skills after seconds (yes, not ms). The improvments to housing are cool tho anyway.
  • Godspeed
    Godspeed
    ✭✭✭
    The state of pvp and the game in general is the worst it’s ever been.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many Shadow Folk today. But was very playable. Save for blue screen. All good though.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was pretty bad in Grey Host tonight - PC NA.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StihlReign wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

Unfortunately...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XlJuxpeTats
    Edited by Wolfpaw on January 11, 2021 11:22PM
  • DemonNinja
    DemonNinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lets see we currently have unplayable lag coupled with a multitude of bugs like siege shields not working, synergies being double proced and proc sets that make tanks unkillable except by zerging them down with 30 plus people.

WORST of all - we have no communication from community managers with regards to any of these issues. And no patch since mid December... Stay away stay far far away.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @DemonNinja
    Aerilon Starsider - Best Sorcerer NA
    World Record Trial Team Member & Game Breaker of Days Past
  • HanStolo
    HanStolo
    ✭✭✭
    DemonNinja wrote: »
    Lets see we currently have unplayable lag coupled with a multitude of bugs like siege shields not working, synergies being double proced and proc sets that make tanks unkillable except by zerging them down with 30 plus people.

WORST of all - we have no communication from community managers with regards to any of these issues. And no patch since mid December... Stay away stay far far away.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

But Gina nerfed Sergeants, so everything should be fine...
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS slowly KILL cyrodiil PVP. SINCE ESO has no PVP manager... the Cyrodiil PVP began to agonize.

The rest of the game is running better ...anyway

English is not my native language.
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance is still crap, especially in the evenings skills don't work at all. When in a little bit bigger fight, don't even dream of something called "break free". Don't solo a resource, because your skills don't hit the npcs and their damage all stacks up and hits you with 10 sec delay all at once. You are in combat for long time, with no combat at all in sight. Also, ps4 issue: if you get invited to group, do not accept if you are not 100% sure you're not the 12th member joining group. Because if you are, you are booted from server for "spamming" and have to queue back to the campaing.
  • Grebcol
    Grebcol
    ✭✭✭
    The State of PVP? It's a mess and a joke.
    Former Mod Dev. of the Edain Mod for The Battle for Middle Earth 2
  • ForfiniteStories
    ForfiniteStories
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite past time in Cyrodiil is dressing the land in multiple AOEs even though I only activated the ability once, using up more than half my Magicka as a result, and getting killed because I have none left to spare in a fight.

A short cooldown would be nice, at least.

Of course, this isn't exclusive to Cyrodiil, but it does seem more prominent there.

• superbiquette
    superbiquette
    ✭✭
    state of pvp , if ESO is a mmorpg , in cyro you can forget rpg and massive sadly.
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds are doing fine, but Cyrodiil is absolutely unplayable. If you only play PvP, I wouldn't recommend the game. If you're also into RPG and PvE however, it's definitely worth it! The game is beautiful and very detailed, I feel like everything is done with great care. You can get very immersed in the world (even with some very exaggerated skins/cosmetics going around lol).
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Developers don't care PvP as how they love PvE. I guess 90% of this game is PvE. ZOS keeps adding PvE contents while adding limitations to PvP.

There are only 2 PvP zones. Like some PVEers said, Imperial City is in fact highly PvE.

We cannot even select game modes of Battleground. I don't think they will cancel the selection function of going to witch trial, witch dungeon.

Quality of PvP servers is a joke, especially after Graymoor. Sudden disconnection, frequent ping spike, skills freezed, desync and killed by 3-4 snipe from one person in one second, universal slow motion, etc. I rarely see similar problems so frequently in PvE zones.

AOE cool down test is just a distraction for server problems. During MYM, they TEMPORARILY upgrade PvP servers and Cryodiil is better than usual now even with much more people playing. It is s obviously problems of investment on PvP servers.

By the way, even during PvP events, tickets can be obtained from doing PvE tasks like rescuing NPCs, collecting items, etc. The whole ESO is PvE oriented.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oakenaxe wrote: »
    Battlegrounds are doing fine, but Cyrodiil is absolutely unplayable. If you only play PvP, I wouldn't recommend the game. If you're also into RPG and PvE however, it's definitely worth it! The game is beautiful and very detailed, I feel like everything is done with great care. You can get very immersed in the world (even with some very exaggerated skins/cosmetics going around lol).

Oh wait... Battlegrounds are doing fine...? We can't even select game mode...
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭

I mean in terms of performance, since it's smaller. I'd love to see the option to choose mode, I wonder why that's not a thing.
    Edited by Oakenaxe on February 4, 2021 3:08PM
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean in terms of performance, since it's smaller. I'd love to see the option to choose mode, I wonder why that's not a thing.

ZOS separated "solo only" queue from "group or solo" queue. Some claimed that the player base is so low that allowing game mode selection will make the queue even longer.

There are a few problems now:
    1. In higher MMR BGs, solo only queue takes unbelievably long time, basically it still forces you to queue for "group or solo" as the traditional way.

2. Frequency of joining death match is too low, sometimes only one out of like 15 games is death match. I know it's random, but it's so annoying to keep entering relic or ball games. They should at least increase the probability of entering death match, or give death match a separated queue. Many of us simply want to fight others instead of capturing something in BG.

3. Without being able to select game mode, many players just treat every game as death match, they don't ptfo at relic, land, or ball games. Their random teammates who want to ptfo will more likely lose the game.
  • ThreeXB
    ThreeXB
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS...fix the performance and RAISE Cyrodiil's population caps back up, make Cyrodiil great again