Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I want "Akaviri" continent DLC.

• Shihp00
    Shihp00
    ✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »
    just one more thing:) if the Shade of the Founder is Lein-Barduik does it seem from this image that he was a Vampire?

AyzDayQ.jpg

hAHA Ha HA
    lsS3Q6g.jpg
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite speculative, Eporem. For example, the Remanada says - "And having vampire blood these brother-knights lived for ages through and past Reman and then kept guard over his ward, the coiled king, Versidue-Shaie". Regarding the appearance - well, his image shows only his helmet's mask, if I took it right. At least it's how it seems to me. And even if he looked like an ordinary man, we know there are possibly some almost completely indistinguishable vampire types like the Bonsamu and that unnamed clan that "were experts at concealment. If they kept themselves well-fed, they were indistinguishable from living persons" mentioned in this book (a very intersting and good written one, I might add). Just like those vampires IRL - some of them have good and kind faces, but they will suck money and energy as long as they can, feeding on everyone weak enough to struggle. Though, some vampire hunters are vampires themselves too.. Ah, well, I guess you don't use that word in your community to name certain people like we do it here, so the essence of it might be incomprehensive to you.

The essence of what you mention I think to understand (though it might not be the same understanding as yours) is that the word vampire is a metaphor for the many different ‘drainings’ of resources. A con artist or confidence artist can be seen as a type of vampire, as can the one, who after conversing with them, or interacting with them leaves you with a feeling of tiredness a lack of energy feeling, where when before this interaction you did not feel this, so maybe these ones can also be viewed as a energy draining vampire as well. But I think, in game and out of game are we not all a type of vampire, for we all use or sustain ourselves using resources, though most likely to different extents of this.

So with this in mind, then I do think Lein-Barduik was a Vampire… A confidence artist type of one :)

ps. I enjoyed reading the book mentioned - very insightful

Edited by Eporem on January 25, 2021 9:07PM
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's quite speculative, Eporem. For example, the Remanada says - "And having vampire blood these brother-knights lived for ages through and past Reman and then kept guard over his ward, the coiled king, Versidue-Shaie". Regarding the appearance - well, his image shows only his helmet's mask, if I took it right. At least it's how it seems to me. And even if he looked like an ordinary man, we know there are possibly some almost completely indistinguishable vampire types like the Bonsamu and that unnamed clan that "were experts at concealment. If they kept themselves well-fed, they were indistinguishable from living persons" mentioned in this book (a very intersting and good written one, I might add). Just like those vampires IRL - some of them have good and kind faces, but they will suck money and energy as long as they can, feeding on everyone weak enough to struggle. Though, some vampire hunters are vampires themselves too.. Ah, well, I guess you don't use that word in your community to name certain people like we do it here, so the essence of it might be incomprehensive to you.

The essence of what you mention I think to understand (though it might not be the same understanding as yours) is that the word vampire is a metaphor for the many different ‘drainings’ of resources. A con artist or confidence artist can be seen as a type of vampire, as can the one, who after conversing with them, or interacting with them leaves you with a feeling of tiredness a lack of energy feeling, where when before this interaction you did not feel this, so maybe these ones can also be viewed as a energy draining vampire as well. But I think, in game and out of game are we not all a type of vampire, for we all use or sustain ourselves using resources, though most likely to different extents of this.

So with this in mind, then I do think Lein-Barduik was a Vampire… A confidence artist type of one :)

Not sure if I understood who a "confident artist" is. What I meant was that we have two words for "vampire" here. The first is actually the "vampire", a word borrowed from other languages. And the second one is also a form of the "vampire", but it's our own word we've been using for hundreds if not thousands of years. That word means a criminal, a thug, a murderer, anyone who can work but doesn't wish to preferring to live at someone's else expenses and spoils their life feeding on it. The in-game vampires do exactly the same thing with the only difference of being sentient pale walking corpses. This is all why I don't like them much there, including those "good vampires" like Verandis and his bunch of bloodsuckers whom I was forced to help to deal with another bloodsucker. Yes, it's a cultural thing, perhaps, but if I see a vampire in the game, no dialogue line or good actions make me believe in the existence of a "good vampire" - were they "good" they wouldn't have been vampires. So, the views Redguards and Dunmer have on the undead, bloodsuckers and necromancy are very close to mine. Too bad such a disgusting creature like a vampire became that popular among modern players.
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on January 25, 2021 10:51PM
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This_0ne wrote: »
    In general, I believe that there may still be people on Akavir. They may be Kamal. Most of Akavir's races its a beastfolks. If them see somebody pale without fur or scale they can cal them demons, and after beastfolks kicked out them in snows lands they call them ice demons) And actuali i think Elder Scrolls need some asian people. Kamal peoples can be them :D
    info based on unreliable narrators

it's like when people say that Black Marsh is inhospitable to non-Argonians. Spoilers, it's not but it is really difficult and the idea of it being inhospitable was propagated by Imperials and Dunmer.
  • Shihp00
    Shihp00
    ✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    In general, I believe that there may still be people on Akavir. They may be Kamal. Most of Akavir's races its a beastfolks. If them see somebody pale without fur or scale they can cal them demons, and after beastfolks kicked out them in snows lands they call them ice demons) And actuali i think Elder Scrolls need some asian people. Kamal peoples can be them :D

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Akaviri_Commander_Mishaxhi
    Looks quite human to me. And other examples for very human-looking Tsaesci were already linked above.

but he tsaeski. As we know them "eat" people. As i see Akaviri folks maybe much metaphorical. I think kamal can be satellite-state, when tsaeski meet Tamriel people, then can copirate kamal look (as we know Renald looks like human, maybe some asian or half asian half european). Actually i invented myself head kanon abuot kamal. They asians people, beastfolks call them deamons and kicked for snow lands, how i say up (and maybe kamal have masks looks like Japanise demons Oni). The try sometimes get more lands but for diffrend reasons they cant. Tsaeski use them as mercenaries in 2d invasion (because for some reasons veterans of Ebonheard pact wariors call folks how came in 2 era snakes). I think oficers was tsaeski, solders and recruits is kamalsm and buttlefield comander is Adasum dir Kamal.
    It looks logical to me.
    (sorry mistakes, english is not my native)

renald is NOT Tsaeci APPEARANCE-wise > he is an imperial, its his "blood/spirit" thing that's tsaeci LOL
    some folks want the Tsaeci race - not Imperials and Nords cosplaying as Asians hAHa .
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    Shihp00 wrote: »

Looks quite human to me. And other examples for very human-looking Tsaesci were already linked above.

but he tsaeski. As we know them "eat" people. As i see Akaviri folks maybe much metaphorical. I think kamal can be satellite-state, when tsaeski meet Tamriel people, then can copirate kamal look (as we know Renald looks like human, maybe some asian or half asian half european). Actually i invented myself head kanon abuot kamal. They asians people, beastfolks call them deamons and kicked for snow lands, how i say up (and maybe kamal have masks looks like Japanise demons Oni). The try sometimes get more lands but for diffrend reasons they cant. Tsaeski use them as mercenaries in 2d invasion (because for some reasons veterans of Ebonheard pact wariors call folks how came in 2 era snakes). I think oficers was tsaeski, solders and recruits is kamalsm and buttlefield comander is Adasum dir Kamal.
    It looks logical to me.
    (sorry mistakes, english is not my native)

renald is NOT Tsaeci APPEARANCE-wise > he is an imperial, its his "blood/spirit" thing that's tsaeci LOL
    some folks want the Tsaeci race - not Imperials and Nords cosplaying as Asians hAHa .

you never see in eso not humankind tsaesci in Tamriel. They looks to enemy for Tamriel cityzens. Akavir, what we never see or maybe after 10-20-30 years, maybe we can see beastfolk kind tsaesci in some TES VIII
    Edited by This_0ne on January 28, 2021 1:09PM
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the Akaviri to Show Up again as an antagonist rather than another Daedric Plot

we need more threats that are not Daedric Princes
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    I'd like the Akaviri to Show Up again as an antagonist rather than another Daedric Plot

we need more threats that are not Daedric Princes

Hmmm.... I can see a DLC maybe on the Telvanni coast where we end up fighting the remnants of the last Akaviri invasion. While lore dictates they all got wiped out there is a chance with the way ZOS handled the Gray Host, and of course the Dragons, that they could see a return.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Shihp00
    Shihp00
    ✭✭✭
    'Akavir Invasion DLC'
    New Playable Race: Tsaeci
    our tsaeci characters can be the good ones warning tamriel of the invasion OR they had an accident on the way and lost their memory, now forced to ally with the tamriel people after they saved our lives hAHahA jk ;)
    oAdfRCk.jpg
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    'Akavir Invasion DLC'
    our tsaeci characters can be the good ones warning tamriel of the invasion OR they had an accident on the way and lost their memory, now forced to ally with the tamriel people after they saved our lives hAHahA jk ;)

I do not think ESO ever needs a new playable race because we are still exploring the unique ones we have right now.
    I could see more unique skins like Wood Orc or Iron Orc. OR Argonian models like the Naga - but I think 10 is enough especially when there is still more of Tamriel to explore
    plus I don't think we need to balance out more races.

also "Snake Men" is a word thrown around but I don't think it is literally the case
  • Shihp00
    Shihp00
    ✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    'Akavir Invasion DLC'

I do not think ESO ever needs a new playable race because we are still exploring the unique ones we have right now.
    I could see more unique skins like Wood Orc or Iron Orc. OR Argonian models like the Naga - but I think 10 is enough especially when there is still more of Tamriel to explore
    plus I don't think we need to balance out more races.

also "Snake Men" is a word thrown around but I don't think it is literally the case

idrc what they do with this game so im fine with or without a new race, just giving ideas based on other peoples comments :p
    and i agree that they arent Literal '"SNAKE"-men'. the undead akaviri remains weve seen(at least the tsaeci's) has always looked Very Human > bipedal, zero tails, human voice etc. they just wont reveal their faces L O L
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Would the ones in the Hakoshae Village (the Imperials - the descendents of the Tsaesci ) honor these four elements of Fire, Water, Earth and Wind moreso than the Nine Divines?

Myn raises his mighty staff
    And so lights up the East
    Zisa waves her graceful wand
    And so drowns the South
    Nyfa stomp his boots in anger
    And so rumbles the North
    Ilni flutters her colorful fan
    And so blows toward the West

Edited by Eporem on January 31, 2021 6:25PM
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no interest in seeing how Zenimax will turn Akavir into yet another generic fantasy land.

"Turns out the tsaesci were never immortal, golden snake people at all, just japanese humans"

"The demons of kamal were an exaggeration. They're just more nords"

"The tiger dragon isnt really a tiger or a dragon. That was a transcription error".

Just let them finish the Skyrim regions. Its clearly what they want to do anyway.
    Edited by psychotrip on February 1, 2021 1:17PM
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • Shihp00
    Shihp00
    ✭✭✭
    psychotrip wrote: »
    I have no interest in seeing how Zenimax will turn Akavir into yet another generic fantasy land.

"Turns out the tsaesci were never immortal, golden snake people at all, just japanese humans"

"The demons of ka po tun were an exaggeration. They're just more nords"

"The tiger dragon isnt really a tiger or a dragon. That was a transcription error".

Just let them finish the Skyrim regions. Its clearly what they want to do anyway.

why would there be a Nord in Akavir ? LOL!
    just because Tsaeci's can be humans doesn't mean the entire continent won't have any Beast Races like tamriel :D
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why Nord? Probably more like Khajiit.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I...I was being hyperbolic, gang. That was supposed to be an absolute worse case scenario of nonsense :P

Edit: Also, I meant to say KAMAL. I see the confusion now! I could totally see Zenimax retconning them into pale humans with suspiciously nord-like personalities.
    Edited by psychotrip on February 1, 2021 1:18PM
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • Shihp00
    Shihp00
    ✭✭✭

I...I was being hyperbolic, gang. That was supposed to be an absolute worse case scenario of nonsense :P

Edit: Also, I meant to say KAMAL. I see the confusion now! I could totally see Zenimax retconning them into pale humans with suspiciously nord-like personalities.

KAMALS can still be the 'SNOW DEMONS' we know or they can just turn them into talking Polar Bears BAHA
    They dont need to be Humans just because the Tsaeci's are :D .
    1 Human race > Tsaeci then the 4 Beast Races > those Talking Dragons, Tigers, Monkeys, Bears LOL
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

KAMALS can still be the 'SNOW DEMONS' we know or they can just turn them into talking Polar Bears BAHA
    1 Human race > Tsaeci then the 4 Beast Races > those Talking Dragons, Tigers, Monkeys, Bears LOL

I'm not saying any of this SHOULD happen. I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if they do something lazy like what I described above.

• TagSaiku
    TagSaiku
    ✭✭

I'm not saying any of this SHOULD happen. I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if they do something lazy like what I described above.

The only Lazy or Boring thing they can do(imo) is allow ANY race to be a "Tsaeci" just like what they did to 'Renald' and 'Lady Belain'(my speculation is that she had the 'Tsaeci Soul" thing going on as well).
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, but wouldnt it just be COOLER if they were ALSO literal vampires in some way?

Maybe they're snake-like parasites that "ate" the men of Akavir by taking over their bodies, and their bodies mutate and become more snake-like overtime, explaining their various appearances?

What I'm really trying to ask is this: why are we so accepting of Zenimax choosing the most mundane explanation possible for so many aspects of this beloved universe?

They really seem to pick and choose which aspects of the series are allowed to remain strange and unique, while places like Summerset and people like the tsaesci get slowly watered down over the years.

Why?

Edited by psychotrip on February 3, 2021 1:43PM

• VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pyandonea would be a dar more likely continent they would have us travel to. There is already established lore around it and has more humanoid elements. Could also bring in that Sea Elf character from Summerset as the main quest npc. Other continents include Litlag, the reverse Tamriel
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other continents include Litlag, the reverse Tamriel

"Litlag"? You mean, Lyg? Lyg is more a legend, an "adjacent place", and definitely not a certain continent. At least yet. Those maps of Lyg you might have seen are nothing more than a fan made thing.
  • tuxon
    tuxon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well then it will be oversimplified and lazy MMO version of Akavir. We already have tons of Akaviri things in ESO, like entire DK class, 3 or 4 armour motifs and so on. I'd rather have it like this. Distant and not full mentions of Akavir.
    Resdayniil kan tarcel
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

i can see that being a thing that the snow demons are just a beast race of bear people/polar-bear people.

can imagine one of those coming at you in a battle would be a poop yourself -omg is that a demon moment-
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting! But, according to description the race of Akaviri commander is "Imperial".
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Akavir Invasion DLC'
    oAdfRCk.jpg

Lets' play the "Ghost of Tamriel" !
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting! But, according to description the race of Akaviri commander is "Imperial".

Isn't that just the race used for the character model in the editor?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Shihp00
    Shihp00
    ✭✭✭

i know you just wanted to reply but Bro, quote what you said, not my theory/idea :D Peace