The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvE has the Undaunted event, PVP has midyear Mayhem

washbern
washbern
✭✭✭✭
Stop asking to change a pvp event. It is what it is. I hate it, but PVE crowd has a lot more events than PVP. Suck it up!
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup. Not only that, a lot of gear we use for PVP builds (Arena, monster gear, etc) require you to PVE. PVErs already have 90% of the game...lol
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    washbern wrote: »
    Stop asking to change a pvp event. It is what it is. I hate it, but PVE crowd has a lot more events than PVP. Suck it up!

But we don't kick or bully you in that now do we?
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dont want them the change a pvp event i just wish a part of a 4 peice event item wasn't tied to an event that certain player types don't do. Makes the event a lot less fun when its content you don't like doing but lock a hard to pass up item behind a ticket wall.
    Edited by Mettaricana on January 31, 2021 10:23PM
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You mean getting randomly kicked from 4-mans for whatever reason? Yes...it happens all the time.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont want them the change a pvp event i just wish a part of a 4 peice event item wasnt tied to an event thay certain player types dont do. Makes the event alotnless fun when its content you dont like doing but lock a hard to pass up item behinde a ticket wall.

Like the Undaunted event not being tied to PVE, so us PVPers can participate?
  • washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol yes you do. PvPers sit for twenty minutes in a queue only to have some snooty tank complain about dps and bail on the group. You're right. That totally doesn't happen.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think there's an important distinction to be made about deaths in PVP that Gina hits on when discussing teabagging in PVP:
    NOTABLE-01387.jpg
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/546727/was-it-ever-confirmed-if-tea-bagging-is-against-tos-now/p1

Context is important.
    Killing people is expected in PVP.
    Harassing people, toxic whispers, not stopping teabagging when asked to stop, etc. is not allowed.

I find that many of these discussions hinge on what's considered "bullying" in PVP. I won't deny that some PVPers are darned toxic! But when players approach it like "You killed me while I was questing, you bully!" they are the ones with the incorrect expectation of what's supposed to happen in a PvPvE zone.
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 31, 2021 10:14PM
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the PVP crowd stop complaining about gaining experience in the new CP system then ;) ?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ascarl wrote: »
    Will the PVP crowd stop complaining about gaining experience in the new CP system then ;) ?

Sure, my PVP healer can quit complaining if you like. My PVE tank on the other hand is greatly disgruntled!

Oh, wait...its the same character. :smiley:

(Side note: I'm a little confused still about how all characters getting the extra resources and mitigation that we usually got from CP is going to work with No CP PVP. That was typically where players went when they wanted a faster pace of play without the added bulk that CP granted. To be clear, I play CP PVP so it makes me no difference, but I just don't get ZOS' logic there.)
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dont want them the change a pvp event i just wish a part of a 4 peice event item wasnt tied to an event thay certain player types dont do. Makes the event alotnless fun when its content you dont like doing but lock a hard to pass up item behinde a ticket wall.

Like the Undaunted event not being tied to PVE, so us PVPers can participate?

I wish same for you guys too like hell drop both events on same day so both players can get tickets doing content everyone likes.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So how does people do PvP if they can't fight other people? 🙄
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. You don't get to control other people's thoughts and words. That's the reality.
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean besides kicking from group, maybe with a few nasty whispers on top of it?
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean getting randomly kicked from 4-mans for whatever reason? Yes...it happens all the time.

Join a guild, make a premade or LFG in zone.

Ya know, all the advice pvpers give for Cyro. ;)
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ascarl wrote: »

Sure, my PVP healer can quit complaining if you like. My PVE tank on the other hand is greatly disgruntled!

Oh, wait...its the same character. :smiley:

(Side note: I'm a little confused still about how all characters getting the extra resources and mitigation that we usually got from CP is going to work with No CP PVP. That was typically where players went when they wanted a faster pace of play without the added bulk that CP granted. To be clear, I play CP PVP so it makes me no difference, but I just don't get ZOS' logic there.)

It will be even more fun in CP PvP. Even higher health and bigger shields, lower damage than now and (luckily though) a possible proc set nerf. If you really want to become unkillable next year might be the moment.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not as much as killing someone turning in a quest or just waiting to jump them
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's unsurprising. Kicking people from group isn't the point of PVE group content. Killing enemy players is the point of PVP, so yeah, of course it happens more often.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's unsurprising. Kicking people from group isn't the point of PVE group content. Killing enemy players is the point of PVP, so yeah, of course it happens more often.

Sure but right by quest npc. You can't wait till after? This is grifting.
    Edited by Starlight_Whisper on February 1, 2021 2:39AM
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol yes you do. PvPers sit for twenty minutes in a queue only to have some snooty tank complain about dps and bail on the group. You're right. That totally doesn't happen.

When the dps is just spamming arrow spray in their pvp zerg gear and it's obvious the the base game dungeon is gonna take an hour, it's definitely not snooty of the tank to not completely waste their time.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭

When the dps is just spamming arrow spray in their pvp zerg gear and it's obvious the the base game dungeon is gonna take an hour, it's definitely not snooty of the tank to not completely waste their time.
    The point is that PVP people struggle to get through pve events same as pve people struggle with pvp.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The point is that PVP people struggle to get through pve events same as pve people struggle with pvp.

But both struggles aren't anywhere near the same. If you're stuggling in a normal base-game dungeon during the undaunted/witches festival event, using more than 1 skill usually solves that struggle even if you're just a standard zergling wearing cookie-cutter zerg-surf gear. If you're doing one of the IC quests and there are groups of wardens and dks with tank builds locking you down and dogpiling on you when you get near a quest objective with no way to kill them, simply changing 1 or 2 skills or swapping gear usually isn't enough. Unless a friendly zerg rolls through to kill them, you have to do the opposite of pvp and just avoid them until they move on. I have a magblade I can use to permacloak around with, but not everyone does or wants to spend time grinding one up just to use for this event. Normal pve dungeons/trials can be adapted to far more easily and quicker than pvp.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review this thread has been closed as it is not constructive in nature and can easily escalate into an argument. Remember when creating a discussion that is must be civil, constructive. and within the rules.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.