The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to play the Cyrodiil area?

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm novice PVP player. And ESO is my first MMO game.

Few days ago, I've visited the Cyrodiil area for some temporary event quest.
Actually say, I visit Cyrodiil area only 2 times including this. I was just loitering Cyrodiil area 15 minutes.
But, the place was so empty. Just flat ground everywhere, no building, no people, no enemy, just nothing vacant space.
What is that content? I couldn't find out any of interesting object.

Craglorn is also boring. I've beated many of zombies and boring boss fight at the mini dungeon by solo.
But that's area also empty desert land. No nice NPC, no enjoyable quest. I just saw only few of other players.

I was bored.

So I head back to the Elsweyr main quest. And I love those story based contents very much.
There're plenty of funny NPC and great landscape. And many of players are running around area.
That's good enough for me. Maybe I'll never back to Cyrodiil and Craglorn area.
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil really works best if you are in a big group, on voice chat with them and actively participating in things like sieges. Most of cyrodiil is mostly empty most of the time - apart from some rather irrelevant mini quest storylines it's really about the battles. Even the delves are largely there to get buffs for the PVP side of it. It's a different experience IMHO and probably best done by joining a guild that does PVP events to see if you actually like it.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is a Player v Player v Environment zone where most of the overland area is used by PVPers to battle over the castles you see on the map and their resources. You can be attack by players on the other two alliances at any time in Cyrodiil unless you are in your alliance's home base.

PvPvE content in the zone includes dolmens, delves, and five towns that have daily questgivers. Three towns are marked on your map: Cropsford, Vlastarus, and Bruma. Cheydinhal and Chorrol don't have transit points or alliance flags. These are usually pretty simplistic compared to other base game zones because the threat is supposed to come from enemy players, not from NPCs. There's not a lot of story, so unless you want the achievements or are a completions, the Cyrodiil PvPvE town quests don't have much meat to them.

The real point of Cyrodiil is its PvP: the large scale combat of the Alliance War as players battle it out over territory in month-long campaigns. If that interests you, I'd suggest picking a populated campaign and using zone chat to look for a group. Then have fun!

If that doesn't interest you, then I hope you have fun questing in Elsweyr!