The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Content, Subscription, and Pricing

Iccotak
Iccotak
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
So with the reveal of this years chapter and year long story, I've seen some excitement and disappointment.

A lot of discussion about the amount of content we're getting for at least $40.

Some have been saying that a new zone (and everything that comes with that) and 1 feature are not enough. Some saying they should have added a class or a skill line as well
That the dlc dungeons should be included in the chapter, or that the whole year should just be in one chapter.

So I have some questions to the player base

1) What else do you think should come with an ESO+ subscription?
2) At the Minimum or ideally, What should a Chapter and a Year include?
3) Do we want features because we think it will genuinely improve the game both in the short and long term? Or do we think they should add features for the sake of adding them?

I'll start, if you want to read it
1) ESO+ & Crown Store
Personally I think that MORE things in the crown store should have a sale tag for subscribers. It's a better deal for subscribers and it incentivizes subscriptions.
I think things in the crown store should be cheaper in general by about 15-20% because the current prices seem like they're de-incentivizing more people from purchases.

2) At the Minimum or ideally, What should a Chapter include?
I do Not think $40 should pay for the whole year but I do think that the year should have more content.

Minimum or Ideally?
Q1: Prologue + Dungeons x2

Q2: Chapter ~ 1-2 Zones + Battleground(s) + Trial + New Features (minimum of 1-2)

Q3: DLC ~ 1 Zone + Battleground(s) + Dungeon(s) (or Arena)

Q4: DLC ~ 1 Zone + Battleground(s) + Trial - or - Dungeon(s) (or Arena)

AND to top it off I think the Main Story Bosses of Chapters, DLC Zones, and the Year should get a mechanics makeover to be on par with dungeons, arenas, and trials. With Normal and Veteran Settings. whether it is solo and/or group.

3) Does ESO need to add features for the sake of adding them - or would these feature genuinely improve the game both in the short and long term?
Something I like about ESO over WoW is that any new features added are going to the long term. WoW has an issue of adding new features or temporary gimmicks that will be abandoned in two years time when the expansion is over, making that feature useless and a waste of both user and developer money. If ESO adds a feature they make sure it is something that gets expanded on in future content. I don't want ESO to develop temporary gimmicks.

I do not think ESO ever needs a new playable race because we are still exploring the unique ones we have right now.
I could see more unique skins like Wood Orc or Iron Orc. OR Argonian models like the Naga - but I think 10 is enough especially when there is still more of Tamriel to explore
plus I don't think we need to balance out more races.

I do not think that ESO needs a new class every two years, there is nothing that says they should do that and I don't want classes to become "the standard gimmick". They added two that they already had ideas and plans for - if they add another one I think they should wait some more time after the whole fiasco with the Necromancer and give the new champion system time to settle in. Overall point being, if a class does get added then I want it to be meaningful and not this years "gimmick".
I'd recommend reading the developers insight into Class Identity: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57025

As for skill lines I would like to see a 1Hand+spell "Spellsword" skill line.
I would like to see Spears but that would mean they'd have to create a whole new item for every motif in the game (no they can't just use the staves because many do not look like spears at all) so it'd be a big deal if they did add it.

I see alot of people mention "Spellcrafting" but I don't see it happening at this point. Spellcrafting was one of those features they showed off years ago when they were still finding their footing.

Like the original Murkmire, it was likely scrapped and if we do get something akin to Spellcrafting it won't be like what they showed us back in the early days of the game.

I would like to see a new gameplay activity like a PvE Horde activity of defending a keep

What I'd definitely like to see is an overhaul of the water with underwater and ship sailing

overall I think we should reserve judgement on companions until we see more
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But tell me what you think?

How much content do you think should be in a year?

What do you want from a subscription to the game?

What kind of features are you hoping for?