The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Week days in Argonian

Ashnarug
Ashnarug
✭✭✭
As per the information on UESP Online: Calendar the following are the months in Tamrielic and their birthsigns:

January - Morning Star - Vakka - The Ritual
February - Sun's Dawn - Xeech - The Lover
March - First Seed - Sisei - The Lord
April - Rain's Hand - Hist-Deek - The Mage
May - Second Seed - Hist-Dooka - The Shadow
June - Mid Year - Hist-Tsoko - The Steed
July - Sun's Height - Thtithil-Gah - The Apprentice
August - Last Seed - Thtithil - The Warrior
September - Hearthfire - Nushmeeko - The Lady
October - Frost Fall - Shaja-Nushmeeko - The Tower
November - Sun's Dusk - Saxhleel - The Atronach
December - Evening Star - Xulomaht - The Thief

is there anywhere any mentions of what are the weekdays in the Argonian (Jel) language ?

Sunday - Sundas
Monday - Morndas
Tuesday - Tirdas
Wednesday - Middas
Thursday - Turdas
Friday - Fredas
Saturday - Loredas
Edited by Ashnarug on November 10, 2020 4:16PM
During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also those Argonian words for the month describe the Argonian Lifecycle.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Jel

Vakka -> Sun
    Xeech -> Seed
    Sisei -> Sprout
    Hist-Deek -> Hist Sapling
    Hist-Dooka -> Mature Hist
    Hist-Tsoko -> Elder Hist
    Thtithil-Gah -> Egg Basket
    Thtithil -> Egg
    Nushmeeko -> Lizard
    Shaja-Nushmeeko -> Semi-humanoid lizard
    Saxhleel -> People of the Root
    Xulomaht -> The Deceased

Xinchei-Konu-Replica.jpg
    Edited by Iccotak on November 13, 2020 10:29AM
  • Aristocles22
    Aristocles22
    ✭✭✭
    So, do about 1/12th of Argonians become Shadowscales? For a small group of highly skilled assassins, that seems excessive. I assume that being born UNDER the sign of the shadow makes one eligible for that position, but it in no way mandates it.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, do about 1/12th of Argonians become Shadowscales? For a small group of highly skilled assassins, that seems excessive. I assume that being born UNDER the sign of the shadow makes one eligible for that position, but it in no way mandates it.

Guess we'll have to wait for an Argonian expansion in 2022 to tell us :'(
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is how I see it...

Argonians are reptiles. From what we see in the game I think it's safe to assume that the Argonian breeding cycle is seasonal. When we are in Shadowfen it is the hatching season. When we are in Murkmire it is the mating season. Mating and hatching do not continue steadily throughout the year.

I don't think we've been told what time elapses between mating and egg-laying, and between egg-laying and hatching. I think it is safe to say that the egg-laying to hatching period is under the control of the Hist at each uxith. We are told that the Hist decides which eggs hatch and which do not, so it can probably control when individual eggs hatch as well. The eggs chosen by the Hist as Shadow Scales hatch at a different season of year to the bulk of the population. The number of Shadow Scales given in tribute to Sithis by the Hist is an unknown.
    PC EU
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how I see it...

Argonians are reptiles. From what we see in the game I think it's safe to assume that the Argonian breeding cycle is seasonal. When we are in Shadowfen it is the hatching season. When we are in Murkmire it is the mating season. Mating and hatching do not continue steadily throughout the year.

I don't think we've been told what time elapses between mating and egg-laying, and between egg-laying and hatching. I think it is safe to say that the egg-laying to hatching period is under the control of the Hist at each uxith. We are told that the Hist decides which eggs hatch and which do not, so it can probably control when individual eggs hatch as well. The eggs chosen by the Hist as Shadow Scales hatch at a different season of year to the bulk of the population. The number of Shadow Scales given in tribute to Sithis by the Hist is an unknown.
    The theory I have heard (and it has a lot of confirmation in ESO quests in Shadowfen and Murkmire) is that... well, Argonians have kinda an ability to (from the lack of better term) to re-incarnate.

Basically, when Argonian dies his/her soul goes back to the hist's roots and than eventually - back to the hist. Next, during the "hatching period", eggs have to lie under the hist, to absorb hist sap. Interrupting this process almost always results in a damaged / handicapped birth - or even a dead hatchling. I would not be surprised if this was some kind of (in some cases) "soul transfer" back to new bodies, chosen by Hist. This could also explain why many Argonians have a kinda "casual" approach to death in general - almost as if they don't fear dying.

The only question is that how does i work in case of Argonians who live far away from hist trees (like Argonians in TES V Skyrim) ? My only assumption is that the whole process in different there and, "normal" - without hist intervention.
  • ankhor8
    ankhor8
    ✭✭✭

As far as the Hist culture is applied, it is mandated. Based on all stories i have searched, all tribes apply this one rights-of-passage type ritual. As in passing the young born under the astrological star pattern of the shadow, to the Shadowscales.

For a long time, i have valued the underlying respect and unity that exists among all tribes, even though some have conflicting principles between them.

Unity among diversion
    Kota-Sax-Blood of True An-Xileel
    TrueAn-Xileel.guildlaunch.com
    Psn community page: An-Xileel
    Seth Salute
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From what I understand most of the hatchlings sent to be Shadowscales, don't survive the training. That's why you don't see a lot more.
  • ankhor8
    ankhor8
    ✭✭✭
    This is how I see it...

The theory I have heard (and it has a lot of confirmation in ESO quests in Shadowfen and Murkmire) is that... well, Argonians have kinda an ability to (from the lack of better term) to re-incarnate.

Basically, when Argonian dies his/her soul goes back to the hist's roots and than eventually - back to the hist. Next, during the "hatching period", eggs have to lie under the hist, to absorb hist sap. Interrupting this process almost always results in a damaged / handicapped birth - or even a dead hatchling. I would not be surprised if this was some kind of (in some cases) "soul transfer" back to new bodies, chosen by Hist. This could also explain why many Argonians have a kinda "casual" approach to death in general - almost as if they don't fear dying.

The only question is that how does i work in case of Argonians who live far away from hist trees (like Argonians in TES V Skyrim) ? My only assumption is that the whole process in different there and, "normal" - without hist intervention.

It is said that Saxhleel return to Hist after leaving the scales, yet that is more etherical than physical in measurement. There has yet to be an exact pattern or framework for that idea. There have been stories of young being born that emulate aspects of those that have passed. Additionally, genetic information is transferred via the suckling act in the nurturing process.
    Reminder that there only a special few that directly clearly communicate with Hist. Most present the communication similar to intuition or creator communication.
    Kota-Sax-Blood of True An-Xileel
    TrueAn-Xileel.guildlaunch.com
    Psn community page: An-Xileel
    Seth Salute