The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Magblade tank?

red_emu
red_emu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Does anyone have any suggestions for a vamp magblade, tanky build for PvP?
PC - EU:
Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
Falathren - AD StamSorc
Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Does anyone have any suggestions for a vamp magblade, tanky build for PvP?

Do you want to brawl, or heal others? For what it's worth I have tried countless upon countless builds for my magblade, but if you are going to build a dark cloak vamp magblade, you are likely not going to be able to punch hard enough to kill targets without help.
    Edited by exeeter702 on January 25, 2021 6:17PM
  • twing1_
    twing1_
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark elf vampire
    Lord mundus
    Corrupting bloody Mara
    5x mark of the pariah body, heavy impenetrable, prismatic enchants
    2x scourge harvester heavy impenetrable
    5x bright throats boast jewelry and weapons, infused spell damage or Magicka recovery as needed

Sword and shield bar 1: vamp mist, dark cloak, dark shade, vamp drain, sated fury, ult soul tether

Dw swords bar: merciless resolve, mass hysteria, sap essence, lotus fan, concealed weapon, ult soul harvest

40+ k health
    30k+ Magicka
    Max resistances and more when low health for penetration

When bursting someone, pop sated fury for 660 extra spell damage, lotus fan, soul harvest, merciless resolve, concealed weapon til dead, don't forget to sap essence for sorcery. Toggle off fury.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    twing1_ wrote: »
    Dark elf vampire
    Lord mundus
    Corrupting bloody Mara
    5x mark of the pariah body, heavy impenetrable, prismatic enchants
    2x scourge harvester heavy impenetrable
    5x bright throats boast jewelry and weapons, infused spell damage or Magicka recovery as needed

Sword and shield bar 1: vamp mist, dark cloak, dark shade, vamp drain, sated fury, ult soul tether

Dw swords bar: merciless resolve, mass hysteria, sap essence, lotus fan, concealed weapon, ult soul harvest

40+ k health
    30k+ Magicka
    Max resistances and more when low health for penetration

When bursting someone, pop sated fury for 660 extra spell damage, lotus fan, soul harvest, merciless resolve, concealed weapon til dead, don't forget to sap essence for sorcery. Toggle off fury.

Thank you. That sounds fun. I'll try it 😊
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    Just throw malacarh on any heavy build and you’re good.
    I don’t recommend the previous build listed for the following reasons:

1) snb dw
    - I imagine the damage is nice but Unless you’re zerging, you’re not going to be able to kill more than one crappy player. That’s not to say you can’t kill anyone it’s just you are going to run out of rss very quickly or a good player is just going to

- not enough heals. Not to bash snb completely ( I’ve done many snb inferno builds in the past) but Let’s be honest here, you need resto staff for your main burst heal. Dark cloak alone just doesn’t cut it anymore and malebeth isnt t going to keep you alive while you have 15 different dots and procs on you. That’s just the state of the game right now.

2) sets
    - resistance doesn’t mean much anymore. not to say pariah isn’t bad but it’s not the greatest since vamp was changed. In order to use it effectively, you need the undeath passive which means even worse sustain. Even with btb you’re only looking at 2.7 or so mag recovery. 3k + with pots which means nothing anymore. This ties into the lack of resto staff. It’s needed for that extra sustain. (I’m at 800 mag recovery and I find myself sustaining better if not the same as I did with 4K recovery)

3) skills
    - concealed weapon is 💩. Not to say it doesn’t do damage but it’s honestly terrible to use in lag. Hardly goes off, you have to be right in front of them to hit it, etc. Sated fury? Well the whole point is to not have your health drop not make it easier to kill you.

My recommendations:
    1) change pariah for either a recovery set or a set that will keep you alive longer (crimson, eternal, etc)
    2) drop btb for either a front bar set, an arena weapon with either a 2 or 3 piece jewelry set, and malacath. Don’t have access to malacath? Use spinners front bar instead with either a potato or trainee resto.
    3) go destro resto. Trust me, it’s needed.
    4)
    front bar, swallow soul, merciless, flex (entropy, crippling grasp, lotus fan, any dot) ele drain, fear, soul harvest

Back, mist, siphoning, rapid regen, dark cloak, shade, tether/vamp ulti/resto ult/undo.

I’ve done all kinds of magblade builds over the years and o found this patch worse than scale breaker.:
    - light armour sucks (too much damage in the game and you get bursted too quickly)
    - Snb sucks (not enough heals)
    - Max stats sucks (everyone dodges your Damn bow too often)
  • Its_JEH
    Its_JEH
    ✭✭
    Argonian
    Warlock
    Clever Alchemist
    Kjalnar
    1pc Trainee
    Malacath
    All Infused Potion Cooldown
    Lingering Vitality Potions
    5H 1M 1L

Profit?
    Edited by Its_JEH on January 27, 2021 6:17PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just throw malacarh on any heavy build and you’re good.
    I don’t recommend the previous build listed for the following reasons:

1) snb dw
    - I imagine the damage is nice but Unless you’re zerging, you’re not going to be able to kill more than one crappy player. That’s not to say you can’t kill anyone it’s just you are going to run out of rss very quickly or a good player is just going to

- not enough heals. Not to bash snb completely ( I’ve done many snb inferno builds in the past) but Let’s be honest here, you need resto staff for your main burst heal. Dark cloak alone just doesn’t cut it anymore and malebeth isnt t going to keep you alive while you have 15 different dots and procs on you. That’s just the state of the game right now.

2) sets
    - resistance doesn’t mean much anymore. not to say pariah isn’t bad but it’s not the greatest since vamp was changed. In order to use it effectively, you need the undeath passive which means even worse sustain. Even with btb you’re only looking at 2.7 or so mag recovery. 3k + with pots which means nothing anymore. This ties into the lack of resto staff. It’s needed for that extra sustain. (I’m at 800 mag recovery and I find myself sustaining better if not the same as I did with 4K recovery)

3) skills
    - concealed weapon is 💩. Not to say it doesn’t do damage but it’s honestly terrible to use in lag. Hardly goes off, you have to be right in front of them to hit it, etc. Sated fury? Well the whole point is to not have your health drop not make it easier to kill you.

My recommendations:
    1) change pariah for either a recovery set or a set that will keep you alive longer (crimson, eternal, etc)
    2) drop btb for either a front bar set, an arena weapon with either a 2 or 3 piece jewelry set, and malacath. Don’t have access to malacath? Use spinners front bar instead with either a potato or trainee resto.
    3) go destro resto. Trust me, it’s needed.
    4)
    front bar, swallow soul, merciless, flex (entropy, crippling grasp, lotus fan, any dot) ele drain, fear, soul harvest

Back, mist, siphoning, rapid regen, dark cloak, shade, tether/vamp ulti/resto ult/undo.

I’ve done all kinds of magblade builds over the years and o found this patch worse than scale breaker.:
    - light armour sucks (too much damage in the game and you get bursted too quickly)
    - Snb sucks (not enough heals)
    - Max stats sucks (everyone dodges your Damn bow too often)

I think pariah is still strong for stage 3 vamps personally, especially as argonian in 5h. I agree the above posted build is not very good all things considered. But under the confinements of being a vamp, a magblade, and tanky, the options are pretty limited. It's why I asked him what exactly he wanted out of being "tanky in pvp".

The OP did specify a build that includes being a vampire, for which I think rules eternal vigor out as you wont benefit from half of its effect.

Spinners means you are going to have to use a heavy set for sustain, which there aren't many good options. Crimson, spinners front bar means you are going to have zero sustain as vamp.

Sated fury is togglable off the GCD, so with proper use you only have to eat 1 or 2 ticks at worst. With a proper setup, you can eat the cost without issue in 5h, if you are making use of max hp passives in shadow tree on your dark cloak bar.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its_JEH wrote: »
    Argonian
    Warlock
    Clever Alchemist
    Kjalnar
    1pc Trainee
    Malacath
    5H 1M 1L

Profit?

Hmm...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its_JEH wrote: »
    Argonian
    Warlock
    Clever Alchemist
    Kjalnar
    1pc Trainee
    Malacath
    5H 1M 1L

Profit?

Close; add more procs and then its done
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Ididuz
    Ididuz
    Bloodspawn/Troll King x2
    Orgnum's Scale x5 (light)
    Eternal Vigor (jewelry, flame and restoration staff)
    Mundus Atronach
    Magicka harm jewelry glyph
    Impenetrable armor train with prismating for big peace and mag for other
    Infused flame staff with weapon damage glyph
    Defending restoration staff with drain poison
    Sugar skull
    Front bar: Swallow, Magelight, Blood for Blood, Sated Fury, Fear and Incap for passive
    Back bar: Siphoning Attack, Degeneration, Mist, Mirage, Dark Cloak/Invis, Perfect Scion
    Stage one and when ULT you can use all vampire benefit
    Not best but playable
    Sorry for my English