Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Crashes while Changing Zones - Bad News for the Longevity of ESO?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I am crashing a lot when going from zone to zone on a character now on ESO on the PS4. It was not this way until the past few months.

Is this a bad sign for the overall direction of the game? I am not quitting, but it has me concerned when characters can't move about or sometimes even do this (far too regularly these days) just standing around.

Note that this can happen in the middle of the night (EU) since my evening US playtime tends to be the middle of the night there.
Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on January 5, 2021 1:48PM
PC
PS4/PS5
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue screen crash just logging in to my friggin account, Z.
    Fix!!
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am crashing a lot when going from zone to zone on a character now on ESO on the PS4. It was not this way until the past few months.

Is this a bad sign for the overall direction of the game? I am not quitting, but it has me concerned when characters can't move about or sometimes even do this (far too regularly these days) just standing around.

Note that this can happen in the middle of the night (EU) since my evening US playtime tends to be the middle of the night there.

I would say it’s a bad sign for ESO’s continued support on console specifically. When your user base requires increasingly and unnecessarily overpowered gaming rigs to handle your old MMORPG’s poor code, then it’s easier and cheaper to just cease support for the struggling platform than it is to fix the code. And ZOS’s defenders won’t care. In fact, I’m expecting any moment now for the anti-console brigade to waltz in and tell you your hardware sucks and that you should expect poor performance— neglecting, of course, that ZOS continues to sell this game and its myriad microtransactions to console players, and that no other game available on console experiences issues to the extent that ESO does.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @FlopsyPrince

Please be sure to try the steps in this article if you are encountering crashing issues on PS4.

Please also be aware that the next incremental patch will include several crash fixes.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings @FlopsyPrince

Please be sure to try the steps in this article if you are encountering crashing issues on PS4.

Please also be aware that the next incremental patch will include several crash fixes.

Thanks, but I have done those steps but will not do them on a too regular basis if it can be helped.

I am just seeing unexpected crashes in far too many places, including just taking a wayshrine. (That is usually a hang.)

Really frustrating.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Note that this is why I asked in the general forum. I am concerned about the future if these are being seemingly ignored and are happening so often.

I am concerned that all the money and time I have and may put in will be wasted.

I would probably swap to the PC if I could (from my PS4). I will probably just stop playing if this gets too bad, especially with all the problems with the PlayStation coming up separate from this.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, game is bad right now. I can't play on PS5 cause it freezes on start up. Right now on PS4 there is a 2-3 second delay for every button push. It seems like there are many issues that effect different grouos of people. I know they hired more people at ESO so hopefully more heads will be focusing on performance.